Mixed Game Flashpoints

Zan_Lynx

SWTOR currently has PVE, PVP, Space and Starfighter.

I propose making new flashpoints, or even Operations, that combine these things.

An example would be something like the Voidstar mission. However, it would not be entirely PVP.

First your team has to break through the fighter defense around the target. This would be best if it used the new Starfighter system. However, if the AI is too hard I think the older Space on rails system would be good too.

Next, a PVE boarding mission, fighting through the defenders to the central goal. This is just like curent flashpoints.

Last, the final bonus goal. Make the final goal an optional part of the flashpoint, so that getting killed does not keep the team from completing the FP, it just keeps them from getting one boss loot drop. If a team dies for any reason during this final fight, they're out. The flash point is done for them.

This is a potential PVP fight. But since the flashpoint start is not synchronized, the presence or absence of enemy players is entirely dependent on when they started and how long it took them to get to the center. I'd also limit it to only two teams at a time. One Imperial, one Republic.

The final goal could be a puzzle. It could also be a boss fight, but if so include some mechanic like random threat drop, or the boss attacks the closest player. Anything so that the first players in aren't stuck fighting the boss AND the enemy players. Having to dodge big red circles, deal with add mobs AND fight in PVP would be pretty involving.

I think mixing it up like this would be a lot of fun.

Edited by Zan_Lynx

This could be really interesting. I imagine it would be pretty difficult to balance, but it sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

I think for balancing reasons the scenarios might need to either require enemy presence (in which case you could just queue for it like you would for PVP) or sub in NPCs if no enemy players appeared, otherwise it might be difficult to keep it from getting too easy when nobody on the other side was playing.

SWTOR currently has PVE, PVP, Space and Starfighter.

I propose making new flashpoints, or even Operations, that combine these things.

An example would be something like the Voidstar mission. However, it would not be entirely PVP.

First your team has to break through the fighter defense around the target. This would be best if it used the new Starfighter system. However, if the AI is too hard I think the older Space on rails system would be good too.

Next, a PVE boarding mission, fighting through the defenders to the central goal. This is just like curent flashpoints.

Last, the final bonus goal. Make the final goal an optional part of the flashpoint, so that getting killed does not keep the team from completing the FP, it just keeps them from getting one boss loot drop. If a team dies for any reason during this final fight, they're out. The flash point is done for them.

This is a potential PVP fight. But since the flashpoint start is not synchronized, the presence or absence of enemy players is entirely dependent on when they started and how long it took them to get to the center. I'd also limit it to only two teams at a time. One Imperial, one Republic.

The final goal could be a puzzle. It could also be a boss fight, but if so include some mechanic like random threat drop, or the boss attacks the closest player. Anything so that the first players in aren't stuck fighting the boss AND the enemy players. Having to dodge big red circles, deal with add mobs AND fight in PVP would be pretty involving.

I think mixing it up like this would be a lot of fun.

I think guild wars did something like this and I like the idea

Good idea, could be done many ways.

Another version would be FP/warzone/GSF mix. 12 people queue for different things. 4 queue for Warzone, 4 for Starfighter, 4 for Flashpoints. But all end up in same overarching set-up. GSF players fight in GSF map, PVPers in WZ, PVErs in Flashpoints. Progress/success of each influences the overall score, or perhaps enables bonuses in other mode (success in PVE objective opens power-ups in PVP, success in PVP opens bonus spawn points in GSF etc).