Marauder Fury Spec Guide by SithFrappuccino 4300 DPS

sithlordknight

I have spent hours and hours parsing and switching out gear and rotations on my Marauder to fine tune this amazing rotation and stat combo. The Fury discipline was a challenging spec to master because of 2 reasons. #1 Trying to figure out what I need to fit into the 6 second "Cascading power" window and #2 figuring out how much crit, alacrity and surge I need. I probably spent 1 million credits switching out enhancements and augments and I spent a good 10 hours working on a rotation and I am quite confident I have a winner here.

"Cascading Power" window is a buff that increases all damage for 6 seconds after using the Raging Burst Ability and I what I have determined is that the most effective abilities to use in the 6 seconds are "Force Crush", "Ravage", "Furious Strike". But there's a problem. the only way you can get Furious Strike to fit in the window is if #1 you have 1 alacrity augment and #2 you hit Furious strike .3 seconds before Ravage finishes. Doing this allows the final hit of Ravage and Furious Strike to both make it into the window.

I am parsing for 4300 DPS on an operation training dummy with the armor reduction module. I have the old 4 piece set bonus.

Here are my stats

4108 Strength

1254.3 Melee Bonus Damage

100.05 Accuracy

25.05 Crit Chance

92.08 Crit Multiplier (Fury Tree gives you 15% bonus)

.70 Alacrity

6 x Strength Augments

6 x Surge Augments

1 x Accuracy Augment

1 x Alacrity Augment

Here is the rotation

Opener:

Frenzy

Leap

Rotation: (Repeatable over and over)

Obliterate

Berserk

Raging Burst

Force Crush

Ravage

Furious Strike (hit .3 sec before Ravage finishes)

Force Scream

Obliterate

Raging Burst

battering Assault

Vicious Slash

Furious Strike

Vicious Slash

If at some point you need some rage than substitute a vicious slash with an Assault.

To make this rotation look easier it's best to view it in 2 sections where Obliterate would be the start of each.

Try this, you will do more DPS:

Obliterate

Berserk

Raging Burst

Force Crush

Ravage

Obliterate

battering Assault

Raging Burst

Vicious Slash

Force Scream

Furious Strike

Vicious Slash

Or simply put: Replace Battering Assault with Force Scream.

Having that much surge is just ridiculous. You're running ~790 Surge rating. Diminishing returns starts hitting ridiculously hard at 300. You're wasting over 400 stats on something thats doing minimal stuff for you.

You'd be better off with those 6 surge augments being alacrity ones. At least that way, you'd have 4.73% alacrity, which gives not only far more leeway with the Cascading Power window, but its a direct 3.997% DPS increase compared to what you are currently using (not including the reduced cooldown on relic procs for that either)

The increase in surge your getting from going from 480 to 792 surge is only a 4.82% surge increase, which means your average critical hit rate would have to be 82.92% in order to make the surge augments better than alacrity ones.

Anyway, I was tempted to write a guide for Concentration/Fury, however I couldn't be bothered gearing up my Sentinel and Oofalong is already working on it. But I will say the amount of wrong here is huge.

Edited by TACeMossie

Having that much surge is just ridiculous. You're running ~790 Surge rating. Diminishing returns starts hitting ridiculously hard at 300. You're wasting over 400 stats on something thats doing minimal stuff for you.

You'd be better off with those 6 surge augments being alacrity ones. At least that way, you'd have 4.73% alacrity, which gives not only far more leeway with the Cascading Power window, but its a direct 3.997% DPS increase compared to what you are currently using (not including the reduced cooldown on relic procs for that either)

The increase in surge your getting from going from 480 to 792 surge is only a 4.82% surge increase, which means your average critical hit rate would have to be 82.92% in order to make the surge augments better than alacrity ones.

Anyway, I was tempted to write a guide for Concentration/Fury, however I couldn't be bothered gearing up my Sentinel and Oofalong is already working on it. But I will say the amount of wrong here is huge.

It's not as bad as you make it out to be. At least 23-25% of Concentration's Damage comes from automatic critical strikes. He's probably only losing 3-5% DPS by stacking Surge and has better burst.

It's not as bad as you make it out to be. At least 23-25% of Concentration's Damage comes from automatic critical strikes. He's probably only losing 3-5% DPS by stacking Surge and has better burst.

At the DPS he's at, 3-5% DPS is 130-215dps. Thats a lot.

That and his average critical hit rate will probably be half of what it needs for the extra surge to out-do alacrity. Plus, I didn't account for the base surge before as well, which massively tones down the benefits of the extra surge...

Edited by TACeMossie

Try this, you will do more DPS:

Obliterate

Berserk

Raging Burst

Force Crush

Ravage

Obliterate

battering Assault

Raging Burst

Vicious Slash

Force Scream

Furious Strike

Vicious Slash

Or simply put: Replace Battering Assault with Force Scream.

Thank you for your rotation. This helped my numbers.

I am parsing for 4300 DPS on an operation training dummy with the armor reduction module. I have the old 4 piece set bonus.

With your weird stats, old gear and strange rotation I'm gonna call you out on this, I don't think you're even hitting 4000. Combat Log or it didn't happen.

• 2 months later...

Working on the rotation, this one seems to do the most dps for me:

Obliterate/Beserk

Raging Burst

Force Crush

Ravage

Furious Strike

Battering Assault

Obliterate

Raging Burst

Force Scream

Vicious Slash

Furious Strike

Dual Saber Throw

This rotation seems to use obliterate/raging burst on cooldown while fitting all your hard hitters (force crush, ravage, furious strike, and battle-cry force scream) into the cascading power window.

Any improvement that y'all can come up with would be neat.

Thanks for reading!

You know try a Guardian DPS if you are Sentinelmaster you will become:

THE ULTIMATE AVATAR OF DESTRUCTION

Trademarkinfringement possible :-P

Going by this, a random parse in a far worse equipped Guardian I am currently forced to use for Raids by Bioware parsed on 4,4k.....I'd say nice effort, still the only solution for someone maining a Sent to participate in compettive PvP and PvE is to switch to another AC.

• 6 months later...

Is fury spec viable in 4.2?

If so, why does nobody use it?

I found it fun to level with. Never worried much about rotation or maxxing DPS. Never had to, but more is always better. Top parses are all Annihilation though with some carnage mixed in. No Fury anywhere. I think its a fun spec to play but is it only viable for story?

Is fury spec viable in 4.2?

If so, why does nobody use it?

I found it fun to level with. Never worried much about rotation or maxxing DPS. Never had to, but more is always better. Top parses are all Annihilation though with some carnage mixed in. No Fury anywhere. I think its a fun spec to play but is it only viable for story?

I have mained PVE Fury/Concentration for, well, ever, with the caveat that I would switch to something else if necessary to clear fights. I haven't had to swap except on Op IX in NiM Dread Ops--not in 4.0, but when the cores were bugged and force sweep didn't hit them half the time--and I specced back to it for the second half of the fight.

Fury is not in a good place right now, so most people stopped using it. So it's viable for more than story, but only if you do worry about your rotation/maximizing DPS. A good Fury marauder will still fall behind the other specs, though. It desperately needs a rework right now in terms of balance as Carnage has more burst and more single target, and Anni has way more single target. However, if you can run it in raids, more power to you.