IO Merc Leveling Rotation

RookB

With Double XP weekend coming up I though I would share some rotation tips for those leveling an IO Merc. Sure, Arsenal is easier, but I like to practice a spec as I level it so I can master it once I reach max level.

The key to IO is Innovative Particle Accelerator, which you get at Level 28. Once you get it, you can start using a solid rotation. Prior to Level 28, there is no set rotation that mimics the end game rotation.

Before each pull, use Kolto Shots to get your Supercharge to 10 stacks. You have these at Level 28 by now too.

Basic rotation:

Explosive Dart

Incendiary Missile

Rapid Shots

Unload

Rapid Shots

Rail Shot

Power Shot

Thermal Detonator

Rail Shot

Explosive Dart is an AOE, so substitute with Power Shot if you have a CC nearby.

Level 40: Use Missile Blast in place of one of the Rapid Shots. Only do this if you get the glowing proc by having a DOT on an enemy below 30% health.

Level 41: Replace Explosive Dart with Serrated Shot.

Level 57: Replace Rail Shot with Mag Shot. Remove Rail Shot from your bar. You'll never need it again.

Level 59: Swap Power Shot and Thermal Detonator. The rotation becomes:

[Mag Shot in opener]

Serrated Shot

Incendiary Missile

Rapid Shots

Unload

Rapid Shots

Mag Shot

Thermal Detonator

Power Shot

Mag Shot

The initial Mag Shot needs to be part of your opener to get the Speed to Burn talent you get at Level 59 lined up and used on Power Shot for this rotation.

At Level 59 you can start using other end game guides for rotations if you want to try something else instead.