12K EXP Unlocks for Level 50 Legacy

NeroTethras

I was nodding all along your post till you get to the requirement to play all 8 class stories… See, I want this unlock so I could see all 8 class stories, without repeating every planet 8 times.

I think one of the devs said (at a cantina tour maybe?) that they were aware of people wanting this and were considering different ways to implement it, one of them being to unlock a certain percentage boost with each class story completed, until you eventually reached the 12x boost by the end of all classes. I guess that's why my brain has been thinking of that implementation in particular, but there are certainly other ways to do it.

Either Legacy 50 or all 8 classes to L50?

That would be good and would hopefully cover most people's different situations and play styles.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudo's btw to Malastare.

I understand that I am likely more strident in my approach and tone mostly because I have little patience for the tone set by others (some of which you have addressed yourself).

To be called Childish because I refuse something I would benefit from, and this constant harping that 'Just let me play how I want to play'... I get snarky.

I think it would be interesting to see the correlation BTW, between all these people arguing about the 'limitations' as to when it could be unlocked etc had to truthfully report their own legacy levels etc.

as I've noted before, it seems quite amusing to me that the arbitrary set of requirements varies little from person to person in that the requirements they suggest just happen to be requirements they already meet.

Oh... I am totally ok with Legacy level 50, they might say, because they have been legacy level 50 for years. So there is no 'skin in the game' there for them so they can attempt to fluff their point and look more responsible because they still get what they want, when they want it and lookitme and how reasonable I am.. blah blah blah.

PS- apologies to all if I get more agro and more typo prone. Just in from emergency appendectomy. Drugs and lack of sleep do fun things.

Edited by EnkiduNineEight

Incorrect. Read up any number of available web sources on argument and refutation, or logic I general. As the person proposing a change sole responsibility lies upon you to justify the change, not on others to demonstrate why your change is bad.

You are correct that if they are making a claim, such as "this is a benefit for the game" or "there are no negatives to this" then they have the burden of proof. But likewise, if you're going to claim that it is negative to the game then you have to prove it; the burden of proof is on you.

Stating that they want this and that it would improve their experience is not the same as claiming that it will be solely beneficial to the game.

Edited by MillionsKNives

I think one of the devs said (at a cantina tour maybe?) that they were aware of people wanting this and were considering different ways to implement it, one of them being to unlock a certain percentage boost with each class story completed, until you eventually reached the 12x boost by the end of all classes.

I will actually be on board for that too!

as I've noted before, it seems quite amusing to me that the arbitrary set of requirements varies little from person to person in that the requirements they suggest just happen to be requirements they already meet.

Did you expect it to be otherwise? Everyone looks out for what fits their playstyle and helps them to reach their goals.

Self-disclosure: 5 classes to L60, one to L57. Legacy Level 49.

What I want: graduated unlock on class story so I can fine-tune it in such a way that I can do Class story and PvP along at a rate that allows keeping valor with the level and sufficient warzone accumulation.

By now, I basically gave up on the pipe-dream that I can get into the group PvE content, so yeah, I just want to keep up with the class stories and try a few ACs in PvP.

With two class stories and two more mirrors I am interested in playing through, while still doggedly running my PvP main and support dailies for credits and crafts, I can’t see it achieving it in 2015 without an XP boost.

So, yes, even with the limited plan and limited gearing requirements, an XP boost is something I really, really, really want.

I think it would be interesting to see the correlation BTW, between all these people arguing about the 'limitations' as to when it could be unlocked etc had to truthfully report their own legacy levels etc.....

Sure! Why not.... Legacy lvl 50 :D I hit it during the 12XP event. Only took me 3yrs to do it. :D I've got one lvl 60, one lvl 57, and another 14 who range between lvl 3 & 34. My gaming time is about 8hrs a week. On a good week... But I hit legacy lvl40 a long time ago. That's why I've said legacy lvl 40 for players who play like I do. I've played the inquisitor and smuggler stories at least 4-5 times each to lvl 50(ish). The others only once or twice. But I'd REALLY like to see all of the others and the various endings. I'll probably never run an OP, or PvP, I really like the SOLO FPs (even if I can only do them once), and until I can use a joystick or controller I'll NEVER touch GSF again. But my sub has never lapsed, and I even buy stuff with CC's every now and then lol...a 12XP boost will allow me to enjoy the part of the game I enjoy enough to pay a monthly sub for. (The ONLY MMO I play btw)

Did YOU know I was in the game? Ever seen me in group finder? Has anyone seen Big Sche or N-Sain, GhettoVampire or Quicksta? :( ....... No....probably not. Seems to me MY play style doesn't effect you. But MY sub helps keep this game going. That's why they call em "optional unlocks" yo....if you don't want, em don't use em. :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.