Do you want my money EA?

LoverNoFighter

You signed up to play a heavily story-driven MMO...

For me (on the Empire side of the galaxy ..note: I haven't fully played all of the Republic side characters yet which is next on my bcket list... after finally getting to Rishi, fighting Revan, finding out that I got completely /played like a fiddle by the Empire has actually encouraged me to start a whole new set of characters in each class. Not sure how exactly the whole "choose your own adventure" decision making mechanic works (and no spoilers please) in this game, but this time I want to see if I can possibly overthrow the Empire. :rak_03:

I know in all likelihood that it may not be possible let Revan or even have the Republic come out on top (and especially have my agents possibly defect to the Pub side), and vice versa. But it'll keep me busy.

/KeepingThingsInterestingUntilTheNextExpansion

Edited by Mavolio

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LordArtemis: I just noticed part of your signature "Mission generation...text based bonus and posting missions" is kind of (but not exactly) what I was looking for, but just wanted to say it is an EXCELLENT idea!

/ThreadTopicDeviationUnintended

Thanks, I appreciate that.

I haven't made many suggestions recently. Been a bit grumpy over some of the blunders with 3.0.

You signed up to play a heavily story-driven MMO yet you find the stories boring.

Does not compute. What's next for you, the proverbial trip to a vegan restaurant followed by a complaint that all they have are veggies to eat?

I actually had no idea there were stories on this game. Even if I did most of them aren't that great and it's not like watching a movie where you just watch and enjoy the story,. The "story" aka cut scenes where your choices don't matter are interspersed by fetch quests and standard MMO fare (Kill X of this, Gather Y of this). So yes, they get boring.

I've also done them all. Twice for the most part, Commando and VG, PT and Merc, Sage and Shadow, Scoundrel and GS (oh **** all my toons aren't in my sig!), Guardian and Sent (I also leveled my Commando with a Sentinel buddy so I got to see it all then too). So yeah, I would rather PvP.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

I haven't made many suggestions recently. Been a bit grumpy over some of the blunders with 3.0.

You're very welcome.

With a mix of how I kind of want to try my next adventuring through The Galaxy that I posted before your comment, and your idea could quite possibly bring a whole new level to the game and even possibly the whole MMO gaming concept/experience (if it hasn't been tried yet, let alone even possible). The possibilities are potentially infinite. :D

It would definitely give a game's "longevity" a whole new meaning.

:csw_jabbapet: (I think I might have just hurt my brain thinking to far outside of the box.) :csw_jabbapet:

Edited by Mavolio

I absolutely DO NOT want this. I'm an extremely casual player - I haven't even logged in in quite a while due to RL stuff, and I only have one toon that's actually at 60, one each 50-ish, 40-ish and 30-ish toon, and a handful of toons level 10 and below. Would I like them all to be 60? Sure, but I need to "earn" it. I generally play healers (I've never gotten any good at being a tank or DPS), so most of the other toons I have tend to languish unplayed.

I'd be up for the 12x STORY XP as a Legacy Perk so I could experience the stories on all those unplayed characters and get them up to 60. There are so many threads on that suggestion, I won't go into all of the details of how it should be implemented, but suffice to say that it would require some extensive regulations and such. Even so, once I got them to 60, they'd probably sit unplayed yet again.

I'd like to do end-game content, but only that content for which I'm "prepared" to play. I know my own limitations... I know I'm not a tank, and I know that I can't DPS worth a crap, so I play a healer. I may not even be that great as a healer, but that's the role I know, and that's the role I will play in end-game content.

Edited by G_Hosa_Phat

The majority of the community seems to be united in this whish so listen to your valued customers.

LOL oh it does?

So you think your 1 time cash for instant max level would = the endless subs that would cancel outright because the game went 100% Pay2Win?

Nice to see you think you speak for the community

I 100% support this idea. I don't actually like to play the games that I play. I prefer that they get played for me and I can just sit back and look at my collection of finished games. What's fun about playing a game for hundreds of hours when you can do the same thing in 5 minutes and $20. That's efficiency.

:rolleyes:

We have this ... have you ever played the Yavin Quest "Kill Revan" without doing any damage? Do it. You only need to collect the balls, nothing more. Rest is done by the game ;)

We have this ... have you ever played the Yavin Quest "Kill Revan" without doing any damage? Do it. You only need to collect the balls, nothing more. Rest is done by the game ;)

The irony is that fight is one of the best "hero moments" in the game for me...

When I saw that for the first time, I was a bit shocked that they would have enough of a clue to put it in.

You have a massive threat to the future of all life in the galaxy, you have with you some of the best and strongest heroes from both the Empire and Republic. Most games would then say, "ok, we'll all sit at base while you go fight the end of the world threat by yourself."

Instead you get an epic battle with everyone taking part. Is it a bit easy? Yes, it is... but then... if you have Marr, Satele, and all the rest against one person, maybe it SHOULD be easy... Lets be honest, is there any one person who could stand up to the almost dozen of you who show up?

The irony is that fight is one of the best "hero moments" in the game for me...

When I saw that for the first time, I was a bit shocked that they would have enough of a clue to put it in.

You have a massive threat to the future of all life in the galaxy, you have with you some of the best and strongest heroes from both the Empire and Republic. Most games would then say, "ok, we'll all sit at base while you go fight the end of the world threat by yourself."

Instead you get an epic battle with everyone taking part. Is it a bit easy? Yes, it is... but then... if you have Marr, Satele, and all the rest against one person, maybe it SHOULD be easy... Lets be honest, is there any one person who could stand up to the almost dozen of you who show up?

Really?

Your literately the ONLY person I have hear (read) support that fight

Everyone else finds it annoying and poorly designed

be it the endless knock downs and stuns

to the (as described above) only running globes and letting NPCs do all the fighting while your afk getting coffee

Until I read your post I had met/spoken(read) to NO ONE who thought that final Revan fight was any good (story wise or mechanics wise).

Kinda shocked honestly to see anyone stick up for that fight

(well not really, I always figured LA would proclaim it fight of century because its as dumbed down as any fight could possibly get and that's his thing "free and easy", which is what that fight is)

Edited by Kalfear

Really?

be it the endless knock downs and stuns

to the (as described above) only running globes and letting NPCs do all the fighting while your afk getting coffee

Until I read your post I had met/spoken(read) to NO ONE who thought that final Revan fight was any good (story wise or mechanics wise).

Kinda shocked honestly to see anyone stick up for that fight

Well, guildies and i had a huge laugh when Revan did his KB and made my character land on Marr :D That wil be forever etched in everyones memory. ( the facial expression when knockdowned just made it that much funnier)

Well, guildies and i had a huge laugh when Revan did his KB and made my character land on Marr :D That wil be forever etched in everyones memory. ( the facial expression when knockdowned just made it that much funnier)

hehe :)

The funniest part to me is still....

I have a guildie that goes for coffee during that fight

Starts fight, turns up sound, leaves room and when he hears the pull mechanics he comes back and runs globes then leaves room again till next one, and so on and so on.

Actually had to try it before I fully believed him but dang if it doesn't work!

They really did make a combat where the game plays itself for you LOL!

Really?

Opinions vary...

Personally, I LOVE that fight and all the cut scenes in-between through out that whole run and will NEVER <spacebar> to speed things up and i encourage others to do so also. Bioware did a good job in it, IMO.

Long story short ...if you dont like the content that BioWare is putting out, either :

A) quit the /bloodclotcry'n

B) /nerdragequit and find another game

C) /golfclap through the whole thing:rak_04:

I have a guildie that goes for coffee during that fight

⤴⤴⤵⤵↩↩➡➡ABBA ...FTW!!! :D

Edited by Mavolio

Opinions vary...

Personally, I LOVE that fight and all the cut scenes in-between through out that whole run and will NEVER <spacebar> to speed things up and i encourage others to do so also. Bioware did a good job in it, IMO.

Long story short ...if you dont like the content that BioWare is putting out, either :

A) quit the /bloodclotcry'n

B) /nerdragequit and find another game

C) /golfclap through the whole thing:rak_04:

⤴⤴⤵⤵↩↩➡➡ABBA ...FTW!!! :D

I wonder how many enemies and /ignore lists I just made with that comment...

LOLOLOLOLTROLLOLOLOLOLOL

/Infraction_ACCEPTED!

Edited by Mavolio

Really?

I like the fight because it finally has some sense...

On the imp side, when you first travel to the Northwest part of Rishi and meet Lana there, one of your conversation options is to ask Lana, "I could sure use your help". To which she replies, "oh, you don't need me, I've got stuff and things to do".

Oh right, so she's a Sith with a lightsaber, but she can't do anything, neither can Tharon, or Jakkaro, or the three of them... they have to sit around the hut waiting for ME to do it all?

----

Forget the design of the fight for a minute... Consider the RP aspects... FINALLY, "huge major threat to the galaxy", and everyone ACTUALLY SHOWS UP!

I'm just waiting for some huge boss to threaten everything and have the option, instead of standing on the ground waving my lightsaber at it, to call in an Orbital Bombardment from a Star Destroyer. Because... you know... space, and the sky, and turbolasers...

To quote my favorite movie from the 80's (well, one of them):

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/038/732/633673088039538329-nukethemfromorbit.jpg

Ripley: I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

There are so many bosses in this game where you can clearly see the sky and space... Um, we have Star Destroyers and I would hope nuclear weapons. Use em.

• 1 month later...
If yes, give me the option to buy a capped level toon from your wonderful Cartel Market.

That would save me the pain of doing all the grinding all over again and give you more money.

It's a win-win.

For all you " Oooooh it's unfair! " or " Oooooooh you don't learn your class " people, I asked for an option. That means you can choose to buy a capped level toon or not.

The majority of the community seems to be united in this whish so listen to your valued customers.

Regards

LNF

Community ambassador

" I hear ya "

The only reason there would ever be a level cap purchase would be if the levels were high enough to be too intimidating to new players. Like say, 100 levels?

Som considering we're up to 60, which is the base level cap to nearly EVERY MMO out there, I don't think anyone is too shaken up to level up just yet.

The only reason there would ever be a level cap purchase would be if the levels were high enough to be too intimidating to new players. Like say, 100 levels?

Som considering we're up to 60, which is the base level cap to nearly EVERY MMO out there, I don't think anyone is too shaken up to level up just yet.

Hell I played an MMO where the lvl cap was 135 when I stopped playing but I believe went up to 155 in the Korean version but even then I'd never condone or even think of purchasing a "ready made" character.

Agreed!

But I really don't care if they sell 60's in the store either...the new mounting perk is worse to sell than a level 60 character imo. I honestly couldn't care less how you got to 60...I'm curious, why does it bother so many of you?

Because KDY leveling is far superior to a lvl 60 purchase....

And they love to grind

(support 12XP legacy unlock for level 50 legacy)

Edited by Pirate_Scuba