Option to lock/freeze the XP bar

xberry

I've seen a few suggestions to speed up the levelling curve... I have the opposite problem.

I've used the 12x XP event to level up quite a few toons. I still have a few above 40 lvl, but I'm afraid that'll not help me complete the fp/ops achievements for lvl 50+ which, actually, are not available to characters at 60 lvl. Since XP gain is still on, for every character hitting lvl 50 is still not possible to cover all those flashpoints 25 times.

While unlocking a lvl 50 character is still not possible in this game, rolling another character all the way to lvl 50 only to get to those flashpoints doesn't work. Well, with a 12x XP boost you might get there fast enough, but then how to stop xp progression in order to complete all those flashpoints 25 times. Therefore, I wish there was a button/option to "freeze" the xp advancement so that one can complete enough of those flashpoints to feel ready to move on (or, for that matter, whatever level content one wants to work on more). In fact, with all the 60 lvl toons I still don't feel like jumping into operations and I only do hm flashpoints to get that kind of experience that doesn't come from the level you display.

This problem will also occur in the event a few more levels will be added. It's possible they'll allow a 12x XP event for such occasion, but levelling that fast will not make a player get ready for endlevel game content (which is my case too). Therefore, instead of looking after xp boosters, I'd rather take my time to run through the already challenging 50+ content many times and then, move on, when ready to do so. Repetitions builds perfection (or something close to that) and some players - myself included for sure - really need that before entering the big game. That's just my opinion, of course :)

Another option would be to make all 50+ lvl content available to cap lvl players, but that may bring problems of bolster and/or appropriate rewards for each level that takes part. Being able to stop progression might be a much simpler solution.

Thanks for reading this!

EDIT:

Just noticed another thread about almost the same topic. While I had mentioned making this "old" content available to lvl 60, it's still not the best solution, imo. On the other hand, being able to lock your XP bar progression, will not hinder developer's effort towards new content, but will only allow those who need it, to practice enough to learn the team work part of this game.

Even now, as I started playing on a different server, I run plenty of flashpoints just for the sake of the team work, which is what I'm looking towards mostly in this game.

Edited by xberry
Update to reflect another similar thread