The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Just a question from a nervous VG

Merlinmagus

So I played as a tank for a long time despite KBN states that VG is the worst tank out of three.

Now in My new guild I'm asked to be a DPS but I'm far away from 3-4k DPS which is a must be for HM Ops

Best I did was 2,7 and I have 192gear fully augmented as guide from Dulfy shows.

Question is: Do I have any chance to make enough DPS to be useful in HM ops?

You definately need a lot of practice. 192s I'd expect 4.5k Tactics/4.7k Plasmatech.

I'm gonna be away all day today so I wont be able to do a full list of tips to help you till I get back, but do these things for me would ya?

1. Post a screenshot of your gear. I'll need you to turn on displays for weapon and tech damage. Alternatively, use AMR, but pretend its level 55 days again (so 186s = 156s - Search for 66s, 192s = 162s - Search for 69s and 198s = 168s, Search for 72s)

2. Post a screenshot of Parsec with an example parse. Make sure its the Damage screen so I can see ability activations and stuff.

Starparse is also fine for this

You put those up, and I'll get the advice out.

Oh and KBN said VGs are the worst only in handling Spike damage due to limited DCDs, but that didn't stop the double VG Tank team from being the best combo for HM Revan.

Hell, VGs are probably the best tank for every fight bar Torque

Edited by TACeMossie

You definately need a lot of practice. 192s I'd expect 4.5k Tactics/4.7k Plasmatech.

I'm gonna be away all day today so I wont be able to do a full list of tips to help you till I get back, but do these things for me would ya?

1. Post a screenshot of your gear. I'll need you to turn on displays for weapon and tech damage. Alternatively, use AMR, but pretend its level 55 days again (so 186s = 156s - Search for 66s, 192s = 162s - Search for 69s and 198s = 168s, Search for 72s)

2. Post a screenshot of Parsec with an example parse. Make sure its the Damage screen so I can see ability activations and stuff.

Starparse is also fine for this

You put those up, and I'll get the advice out.

Oh and KBN said VGs are the worst only in handling Spike damage due to limited DCDs, but that didn't stop the double VG Tank team from being the best combo for HM Revan.

Hell, VGs are probably the best tank for every fight bar Torque

Update: Why use a screenshot when you can use this!

http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/

Its got everything you want in parse analysis, which will make the process of helping you quicker and more accurate

You definately need a lot of practice. 192s I'd expect 4.5k Tactics/4.7k Plasmatech

By 192 you mean ops gear correct? Not the comm gear? As in, full ops gear should be doing 4.5k.

Edited by Aienir

So I played as a tank for a long time despite KBN states that VG is the worst tank out of three.

That's what happens if you misinterpret what KBN says in his posts. While PTs do take a little more damage on average that effect is kind of cancelled out by the amount and qualitiy of the PT's defensive cooldowns and his dps/aggro. On top of that PTs tanks have the best utilities out of all of the tanks for current content, making PTs the BEST tanks for current heroic content.

So if you have experience with PT tanks and there is a raid slot available in your guild, tell them they should take you and don't read too much into KBN's mean mitigation chart.

Edited by _nace_