Hey guys lets try and grow the ranked pvp community.

TcMEAT

Yeah, I understand the frustration of dealing with trash talkers. But we know this has existed since online competition began, actually since man began competing against man.

You can't stop it, you can't control what others do. You only can control what you do. If you can manage the process of trash talking others do it's not a big deal.

I am not condoning trash talk, I personally just realize people will do this for whatever reasons. Honestly, I have had as many conversations about a certain match where it was a good convo, and not trask talk. Trash talk occurs, but if you just ignore them usually that ends it.

Class comp as you bring up is what irritates me more than trash talk. Imbalance of the classes renders the ranked warzones a place where only the OP'd classes can showcase "skill".

Imbalance also narrows the field in what you will fight, and that leads to boring "same old same old" fights.

I just wish a magic wand could be waved and things would become balanced and more fun, not just in ranked but pvp in general.

i dont mind people talking trash ro running smack, i di it to, but there is a huge difference between that and "you suck dont ever queue again you f%$%^& insert sexual or racial insult here.. " One is acceptable and part of nay game, the other, is not an is just some insecure jerk acting out things he likely doesnt have to courage to do in real life. I like to irritate people, it makes them do really stupid things, but i do go all insulting their mothers to do it.

The imbalance is a huge concern, no question, but the community makes that significantly worse by being who some of them are. No, we cant control it, people are going to be jerks, im just saying that if the rest of us dont at least ry to talk them down a bit, the community isnt gonna grow

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually been tempted to try getting into ranked, primarily because of a few great PvP'ers I wind up playing with. But the majority of the ranked community is so just... well, abhorrent, it turns me off from the ideal. I dunno. I think the community has to undergo quite a few changes, at least on my server, before you can get a huge movement going.

I don't see how trash talk bothers others. All it does is make me focus harder on the guy I want to kill. Every match, regs, ranked, whatever it is I hope that guy is there so we can destroy him. It serves as motivation and adds salt to a bland set up of 4v4 when you have some motor mouth on the other team.

The problem in ranked now, will not come from trash talk, it's going to come from people getting demolished by the same 3-4 class setup due to huge imbalances in pvp atm. That will frustrate others more than anything.

The trash talk from those OP'd classes might be even more irritating then because you just might not be able to shut their mouths through pvp if you don't stand a chance in beating them.

well when you've got dudes on my server that create guilds to mock a guilds name, and harass that guild constantly go into their guild bank and straight rob it, although its partly there stupidity on the last part.. i mean cmon lol

and all the fotm rerollers choosing sins, pts, juggs

well when you've got dudes on my server that create guilds to mock a guilds name, and harass that guild constantly go into their guild bank and straight rob it, although its partly there stupidity on the last part.. i mean cmon lol

and all the fotm rerollers choosing sins, pts, juggs

How is one guild getting access to another guild's bank? Impossible unless the second guild is actually inviting the harassers to join them.

Edited by DariusCalera

I don't see how trash talk bothers others. All it does is make me focus harder on the guy I want to kill. Every match, regs, ranked, whatever it is I hope that guy is there so we can destroy him. It serves as motivation and adds salt to a bland set up of 4v4 when you have some motor mouth on the other team.

The problem in ranked now, will not come from trash talk, it's going to come from people getting demolished by the same 3-4 class setup due to huge imbalances in pvp atm. That will frustrate others more than anything.

The trash talk from those OP'd classes might be even more irritating then because you just might not be able to shut their mouths through pvp if you don't stand a chance in beating them.

Honestly, it does bother people and it irritates people, enough so that they don't even want to be part of the pvp community. Sure, trash talking is part of competition, but demeaning attitudes, racial slurs, etc... is just bad form.

Add that, if you really want to grow a community of pvpers who want to compete and have great matches, close matches, that are nail biters, fun for everyone, then the good pvpers are going to have to help grow the population, and doing that means you have to help others along. You have to help people get better. Stomping them into the ground, spawn camping regs doesn't do that.

Maybe right after the match, instead of stupid slurs or continuing to try and kill another teams toon, maybe throw out a helpful tip if you saw what the other team did, or another toon. And better yet, maybe take a sec after the match to send a /whisper to them or in game mail to give them a tip or 2.

You want the pvp game to grow, this is one way to do it. Outside of that, send messages out in /1 or even /2, offer to help people, get in a pre-made, get them in mumble, and start helping them along. Start coaching, start teaching people that want to learn to be better.

Honestly, it does bother people and it irritates people, enough so that they don't even want to be part of the pvp community. Sure, trash talking is part of competition, but demeaning attitudes, racial slurs, etc... is just bad form.

Add that, if you really want to grow a community of pvpers who want to compete and have great matches, close matches, that are nail biters, fun for everyone, then the good pvpers are going to have to help grow the population, and doing that means you have to help others along. You have to help people get better. Stomping them into the ground, spawn camping regs doesn't do that.

Maybe right after the match, instead of stupid slurs or continuing to try and kill another teams toon, maybe throw out a helpful tip if you saw what the other team did, or another toon. And better yet, maybe take a sec after the match to send a /whisper to them or in game mail to give them a tip or 2.

You want the pvp game to grow, this is one way to do it. Outside of that, send messages out in /1 or even /2, offer to help people, get in a pre-made, get them in mumble, and start helping them along. Start coaching, start teaching people that want to learn to be better.

Best reply here.

I've actually been tempted to try getting into ranked, primarily because of a few great PvP'ers I wind up playing with. But the majority of the ranked community is so just... well, abhorrent, it turns me off from the ideal. I dunno. I think the community has to undergo quite a few changes, at least on my server, before you can get a huge movement going.

If you ever end up on Imperial side on Bastion, let me know and I'll play with you.

I try to help anyone get their foot in the door in ranked. I don't get frustrated with losses because eventually some of the people I play with become good and make valuable partners.