Level with Bodyguard?

XxHazenxX

Hey all,

I made a post about this in one of the stickies above, but it doesn't seem like that thread really gets looked at anymore, so I'm basically pasting that post here. I'm about to finish leveling my merc since he's been sitting around at level 35 for months and months and was wondering if it's viable to level with the Bodyguard discipline. I haven't played him since way before 3.0, but he was originally intended to be my healer character (for pvp and eventually raids). Should I level using Arsenal and then switch at 60, or just go with Bodyguard the whole way?

Only advantage of levelling as healer is killing difficult mobs above your level. This is not fast mind you.

You only see mobs much above your level by levelling without boosts.

So to get any benefit out of levelling as healer you need to do it as slowly as possible...

It made more sense to level as healer early in the game when boosts didn't exist.

Only advantage of levelling as healer is killing difficult mobs above your level. This is not fast mind you.

You only see mobs much above your level by levelling without boosts.

So to get any benefit out of levelling as healer you need to do it as slowly as possible...

It made more sense to level as healer early in the game when boosts didn't exist.

Gotcha, ty. I don't play healer classes much in MMOs at all and never have, so the only other benefit I could come up with, other than what you said, was that I'd get a lot of practice healing in lower level pvp and flashpoints to prepare for 60/ranked pvp and raid healing rather than just throwing myself into the fire.

Gotcha, ty. I don't play healer classes much in MMOs at all and never have, so the only other benefit I could come up with, other than what you said, was that I'd get a lot of practice healing in lower level pvp and flashpoints to prepare for 60/ranked pvp and raid healing rather than just throwing myself into the fire.

I'd say if you want to do lowbie FPs buy field respec from legacy menu and keep leveling as dps. When you get your FP pop, just go in and respec.

This doesn't work if you want to do lowbie pvp though (since you can't respec in a wz).