Potential Pyrotech DPS build...critique, please!

Extremite

I don't understand how thermal detonator is better than explosive dart. It's the same heat, doesn't do the aoe effect dart has, does less damage according to the tool tip, is the same range, and on the same cool down. Can anyone elaborate?

Pretty sure TD does more damage, especially considering it's affected by the 30% crit damage talent. It would make for some stellar burst potential in PvP. However, I don't see it being a better overall investment of points than the others I've chosen. It isn't THAT much better than the explosive dart for sustained damage.

People say that it does less damage because of the kinetic aoe attached onto it, and technically that's true. But in a PvP situation that's not the case, and TD has significantly increased damage on a single target. That's why I use it. TD's single target damage knocks ED's out of the water. Hell, you can even keep ED on your toolbar if you really want it that bad, and simply save it for AOE situations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.