The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Where's the Tank Balance?

xMaranathax

This is a rant, this is a complaint. The reason why I am mentioning this is because I don't believe BioWare has a clue as to what it just did, or rather, is about to do.

Removing Unload/Full Auto from the Powertec/Vanguard is removing the ONLY ability that does weapon damage for this class, at least in Shield Tech.

If they actually do this, then I suggest Jugg tanks to be only limited to weapon dmg, except for one minor ability, such as Strike/Vicious Strike changed over to kinetic damage. Weapon damage because they are purely melee, and PT's are purely mid-range.

Thanks for taking away our one small pot when those times mattered.

This is a rant, this is a complaint. The reason why I am mentioning this is because I don't believe BioWare has a clue as to what it just did, or rather, is about to do.

Removing Unload/Full Auto from the Powertec/Vanguard is removing the ONLY ability that does weapon damage for this class, at least in Shield Tech.

If they actually do this, then I suggest Jugg tanks to be only limited to weapon dmg, except for one minor ability, such as Strike/Vicious Strike changed over to kinetic damage. Weapon damage because they are purely melee, and PT's are purely mid-range.

Thanks for taking away our one small pot when those times mattered.

Rail Shot/High Impact Bolt still does weapon damage, and until 2 months ago Full Auto was useless for tanks anyway

Rail Shot/High Impact Bolt still does weapon damage, and until 2 months ago Full Auto was useless for tanks anyway

RS does do weapon damage, I stand corrected, but still not available for those sins with Shroud. Gotta love facing an enemy that has 5s of invulnerability why you bend over for him and grab your ankles....

what are you complaining about? the damage nerf? pt tank damage was too much anyways. "style"? well I guess I can live without those blaster animations as well... this change makes our rotation a lot less of a pain in the *** ("umm will I need to move in next 20 seconds or can I maybe start channeling unload?")

RS does do weapon damage, I stand corrected, but still not available for those sins with Shroud. Gotta love facing an enemy that has 5s of invulnerability why you bend over for him and grab your ankles....

Not that I play one, but imagine being a Sorc. At least you get Rapid Shots. :p

Railshot in AP can be fired now without the need of a bleed or target being incapacitated, if you were using Unload(which is crap dmg) againts shroud your dead meat againts a good assassin, because in fact ur standing still and letting the sin do whatever he wants to you and he`s on top of you. I prefer to use a railshot and spam Rapid shots while kitting the sin(this is also the time to pop HO and negate him free reign on your backside) and prepare to blow him up as a follow up as heat levels at this point will be low to 0. Edited by iDraxter