The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Removing Full Auto from Vanguard/Powertech

Danw

I just wanted to say that there was no reason for this at all, if they where going to do this then they needed to remove all healing abilities from commando dps as well.

I wonder why i play this game and if the Dev's even play the game.

I just wanted to say that there was no reason for this at all, if they where going to do this then they needed to remove all healing abilities from commando dps as well.

I don't see the correlation. Full Auto/Unload on Vanguards/Powertechs was never used in PvP, and almost never used in PvE. Heals on Commandos/Mercenaries are a key part of surviving arenas in PvP and off-heals in PvE.

I don't see the correlation. Full Auto/Unload on Vanguards/Powertechs was never used in PvP, and almost never used in PvE. Heals on Commandos/Mercenaries are a key part of surviving arenas in PvP and off-heals in PvE.

I think this is one of those times where "Never" and "Hardly" ever used is somewhat a big difference.

If this stands, we PowerTecs lose EVERYTHING that damages a sin with Shroud on. Yes, it sucked having to pop Unload, but at least it was something. Now we have good ol Rapid Shots.

Edited by xMaranathax

So now that my PT is going to lose Unload and my Blazing bolts shares a cooldown with Unload for my Merc I have absolutely NO reason to have unload at all why not just completey remove the ability from the game...I swear all bio does to pvp is unbalance than nerf than unbalance then nerf, and you all kno this is true because people have been complaining about classes being OP from launch...People are mad about PT's massive burst I've never once heard anyone say "damn that unload is so OP its too bad I cant just LOS him before he finishes the channel"

So now that my PT is going to lose Unload and my Blazing bolts shares a cooldown with Unload for my Merc I have absolutely NO reason to have unload at all why not just completey remove the ability from the game...I swear all bio does to pvp is unbalance than nerf than unbalance then nerf, and you all kno this is true because people have been complaining about classes being OP from launch...People are mad about PT's massive burst I've never once heard anyone say "damn that unload is so OP its too bad I cant just LOS him before he finishes the channel"

Ever played Innovative Ordinance? Because IO is about 1k-1.5k dps higher than Arsenal, and that uses Unload almost on cooldown.

It's both a slight dps nerf as well as a utility nerf, as without it, vg's have it a little more difficult to keep the same dps uptime on bosses. From a balance perspective, this nerf puts VG's closer to the other melee classes as well as Biowares intention that the VG class should be optimally played at a 4-10 m range. That you could stand back together with your ranged dps pals every now and then and take little to no dps penalty was not a part of that intention, especially when at the same time, the sent waiting beside you just stood there waving his light sticks in the air trying to scare the boss away.

Also, you might have missed it, but commando off-healing got severely nerfed in 3.0. I main commando during ops and back during DF/DP NiM I sometimes would switch to heals mid fight if something went wrong, but come 3.0 this is no longer possible since dps commandos no longer have a spammable heal ability. We still have heals, but they're all on long enough cooldowns to be anything but an extra medpack.