Gold Sellers vs Cartel Coins

Lordkoon

Dear Bioware ,

If you could not handle or cared to handle gold sellers before, I suggest you do now.

Just typing 'buy swtor credits' in Google and clicking the first 3 links for comparison the average price for 1 mil is 4 $.

Most Cartel Hypercrates cost between 4 and 5.2(?) cartel coins and to buy them you need to either have previous cc and buy less than 5500 or spend 39.99$ and buy the 5500 cc offer. However all hypercrates end up on the GTN for an average price of 5-6 mil. That means spending 20-25 $ on credit sellers is less than spending 39.99$ on cartel coins and you still get the desired hypercrate.

I fear this has a negative effect on cartel coins sales and thus can theoretically reduce a bit of the revenue of our favourite game. Other way is people starting to sell hypercrates for 9-10 mil on the GTN but that's not gonna happen.

Please deal with the fleet gold spammers.

edit: I just forgot to mention they even send ingame mail with 1 credit attached and a spam message like the ones they repeat in fleet daily. Reported at least a dozen.

Edited by Lordkoon

Hello! You must be new to MMOs - RMTs (aka Real Money Traders) and spammers are rife in nearly every game throughout the genre. You can google any game's currency and find it for sale via an RMT.

It is extremely difficult for companies to shut these sites and RMTs down - mostly due to the fact that they operate out of the game's home country's jurisdiction. As such, just as Oddball stated, the companies will ban the accounts of the players who use these services as they are pretty much the one's responsible for keeping the RMTs in business.

Edited by TravelersWay

Hello! You must be new to MMOs - RMTs (aka Real Money Traders) and spammers are rife in nearly every game throughout the genre. You can google any game's currency and find it for sale via an RMT.

It is extremely difficult for companies to shut these sites and RMTs down - mostly due to the fact that they operate out of the game's home country's jurisdiction. As such, just as Oddball stated, the companies will ban the accounts of the players who use these services as they are pretty much the one's responsible for keeping the RMTs in business.

Hello, yes 12 years of MMOs and I still feel new to them.

I never said take actions against the websites , rather than the sellers ingame. Back when the game launched and 9 months after that swtor had a very strong (sometimes extreme) system that detects bot activity, auto clickers and trade of large amount of credits between characters. Actions were taken accordingly. I can list you quite a lot of MMOs that don't have ingame advertisement of gold sellers anymore, yet the said still operate under those games.

Talking about extreme measures, I gave my brother 200k gold in wow a while ago and the next day I was perma-banned for gold selling. Had to contact customer support to lift that ban up.

The problem is right now it is more profitable to buy credits to get things (cartel packs in particular) from the cartel market via GTN than buy cartel coins and risk the wrath of (for example) RNG gods .

The problem is right now it is more profitable to buy credits to get things (cartel packs in particular) from the cartel market via GTN than buy cartel coins and risk the wrath of (for example) RNG gods .

It is also much more profitable to steal a ferrari than to buy one.

But doing that comes with certain risks, just like buying credits from credit sellers does.

If people want to win the darwin award by going to credit seller sites and risk having their credit card information stolen and worse, then that's fine with me.

But doing that comes with certain risks, just like buying credits from credit sellers does.

If people want to win the darwin award by going to credit seller sites and risk having their credit card information stolen and worse, then that's fine with me.

This^^ right here is probly the biggest reason I have never used any gold seller what so ever ,,, Its just plain too risky ,,, Like stated before if you want to risk it then more power to yah, but personally I wouldn't go near those sites with a 10 foot pole...

I get what you are saying and I think you are right, but how is it actually against the law? It is against the TOS, which the players sign up for and bans are appropriate, but it doesn't violate any laws so BW/EA couldn't do anything to the actual sites.

I kind of wish we could just sell cartel coins directly for in-game credits via the GTN or some other mechanism. That alone would make it considerably easier to set consistent values for items from the CM that are for sale and would have the pleasant side effect of making credit-selling by third parties in SWTOR less profitable.

If you wanna use the credit sellers because it's much more feasible than spending CC or just playing the game, then you are simply a lazy cheater of hell.

Want to play a MMO and get rich in 1 week? Go to MU Online (most cheated game ever).

Stop QQ and go play, I guarantee that with dedication and effort you get what you want. But it has to be hard work and dedication!

• 1 year later...

Not exactly a "darwin award" seeing as anybody with sense would use paypal. How would a site steal your details if you use that?

:eek: In which Bizaroworld are Hypercrates 5-6million? And how can I get there? Cheapest they've been on my server is 21million!

I have no idea what hypercrates are currently going for as I prefer to buy individual items from the GTN (usually there's only one thing per pack I'm interested in, if that), but the original post is nearly two years old.

:eek: In which Bizaroworld are Hypercrates 5-6million? And how can I get there? Cheapest they've been on my server is 21million!

Before 4.0 was released, hypercrates would frequently go for 5-7million a piece and packs around 200k-ish. I picked up 70-ish of them, stashed them in a bank alt, and sold them for 21-25million a few months later.

But yes, this thread is over a year old. That's why you see a difference in pricing.

Edited by dr_mike