Am I playing Engineer Sniper Right in PvP

PiRunner

So I have seen a few guides up for 3.0 PvE dps but haven't seen any for PvP. So I spent some time dicking around with the rotation to see how I can translate it. Here is my current set up

Utilities:

Ballistic Dampeners (Because it is necessary for survival)

Reestablish range (Because I like to have as much control of my and my opponents position as possible)

Cover Screen (More survivability out of cover, because other utilities at this tier seem useless)

Seek Cover (because I love to move around and I hate slows, plus its a neat little sustained dash if used right)

Pillbox Sniper (Because entrench is the skill I want the most out of, because stuns kick my butt)

Hold Your Ground (More defensive utilities which help control the area. i'v been debating taking Debilitating shots or Siege bunker instead)

Series of Snares Really good control, especially for how much engineer relies on SoS

Rotation:

I built this to do my best to keep people as locked into place as possible, and to keep SoS, all the probes, and EMP on cooldown and a constant Electrified Railgun

Frag Grenade-Explosive Probe-[interrogation Probe-SoS-Plasma probe-EMP]-Frag-(*Filler*)-SoS-Plasma

Repeat

Frag grenade refreshes Rail turret, so that's 100% uptime. The skills between [ ] all slow the target. its a 30% slow then an 80%, which is pretty slow. I can than center plasma probe very easily for maximum plasma damage, plus another 70% slow. This means they either blow a cooldown to break slows or I get a lot of free damage. Furthermore, it makes it really easy to apply EMP. The filler skill is situational. I usually put corrosive dart for the marked damage debuff, but I also use the healing debuff here on healers. Almost always this rotation breaks down for me, because I'm a scrub, and I take a few seconds to re-orientate myself. However, I think I am doing alright, Just wanted to get second opinions to be absolutely sure I was designing myself around the right philosophy for pvp.

In PvP Electrified Railgun shouldn't really be something to be too concerned about. It hits fast, but very little ticks, and they can be very easily be re-applied.

Don't open with Frag Grenade. There's really no point to it. As for your slow rotation, I can theoretically see it working, but most classes have some sort of speed boost/movement impairing effect thing so it won't work all the time. One minor tweak I'd suggest is swapping Shock Charge and Sabotage Charge. Since the spec doesn't have a ton of burst, you want to try and feel as "bursty" as you can. As for the rest, if you can get that Sabotage stun off, then great!

My only other reccommendation to you is to pay attention to how the opposing person plays. If they are adjusting to the Saboteur play style, you may want to toss plasma probe early so they waste their speed boost to get out of fire, then reapply it later when they are vulnerable

In all honesty I don't personally put much thought into rotations for engineering. Yes we have a rotation as such now with 3.0 but lets face it...in pvp OS and PP are still very situational. So engineering for me is still very reactive depending on what is going on in the warzone/arena at the time.

We are not a marksman sniper and shouldn't be played as such with a rigid rotation.

Don't just read up on rotations and think aye brilliant that's all I need to know, there's more to it than a rotation....especially when our rotation is extremely situational :)

In all honesty I don't personally put much thought into rotations for engineering. Yes we have a rotation as such now with 3.0 but lets face it...in pvp OS and PP are still very situational. So engineering for me is still very reactive depending on what is going on in the warzone/arena at the time.

We are not a marksman sniper and shouldn't be played as such with a rigid rotation.

Don't just read up on rotations and think aye brilliant that's all I need to know, there's more to it than a rotation....especially when our rotation is extremely situational :)

Very true. Although its good to have some sort of plan in mind when facing different classes. Having at least one rotation will provide some sort of starting ground, then you adjust as you see fit.

yeah, while this rotation seems to maximize DPS, I still end up saying F-all and hitting anything not on cooldown.

haha yeah kinda do the same.

beside 2-4 "opener" abilities everything else is situational and/or depends on the targets class or lag/abilitie delay :D