Electro Net "Greys Out" Force Barrier.

Visue

Sage Force Barrier cannot be activated when the Electro Net debuff is applied. It took me a while to figure out why my Force Barrier was occasionally greyed out, but I've narrowed it down to this ability.

I assume this is a bug and not working as intended. Electro Net is supposed to prevent "high mobility actions and escapes," while Force Barrier "can be used while controlled" and grants "immunity to all control, damage, and negative effects while channeled." One ability is a root, and one is a central class-defining defensive cooldown. Wouldn't make a lot of sense for the one to override the other.

So far as I know, Electro Net is the only ability that does this. If this is intended, I'd like to know.

Thank you.

Edited by Visue

Sage Force Barrier cannot be activated when the Electro Net debuff is applied.

I assume this is a bug and not working as intended. Electro Net is supposed to prevent "high mobility actions and escapes," while Force Barrier "can be used while controlled" and grants "immunity to all control, damage, and negative effects while channeled."

So far as I know, Electro Net is the only ability that does this. If this is intended, I'd like to know.

Thank you.

It is intended. Electronet also prevents leaps, escapes (stealth, phasewalk, etc.), and any movement buffs.

You can use your CC breaker if you REALLY need to use barrier but otherwise you have to wait for net to end.

It is intended. Electronet also prevents leaps, escapes (stealth, phasewalk, etc.), and any movement buffs.

You can use your CC breaker if you REALLY need to use barrier but otherwise you have to wait for net to end.

Thanks. That doesn't make sense, but I'm not here to complain.

They should fix the tooltip though, at the very least. It took me several weeks to figure out why my main defensive cooldown occasionally stopped being available in PvP. The explicit language in the tooltip is inaccurate.

Edited by Visue

They should fix the tooltip though, at the very least. It took me several weeks to figure out why my main defensive cooldown occasionally stopped being available in PvP. The explicit language in the tooltip is inaccurate.

It says it on the tooltip for electronet, not barrier specifically but barrier is considered an escape and net prevents escapes.

It says it on the tooltip for electronet, not barrier specifically but barrier is considered an escape and net prevents escapes.

I meant on the Force Barrier tooltip. Never leveled a commando, and that a main defensive cooldown is an "escape" (and hence, unusable in certain circumstances) is far from obvious. This is especially true when the Force Barrier tooltip explicitly states the opposite ("granting immunity to all control, damage, and negative effects while channeled . . . can be used while controlled.")

Are there any other abilities that do the same thing?

Edited by Visue

I brought this up to the attention of the Devs after it first came out. They said this (paraphrased):

"Working as intended. Electro-net is a hindrance and not a control. Therefore, it will stop the Sage/Sorc from using their Force Barrier."

They also stated they failed to reflect this in the tooltip and would make the change. I see they failed to even do that. What do you expect from the arsehats that develop this game?

I told them that was bovine excrement. They went and made up a 'new' definition for Electro-net to stop the use of the FB. It's their way of f'n over the Sage/Sorcs again.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

The developers have done a good job with class balance in this game. This is an odd choice, and not one I'm sure I agree with. Still, I'm sure they have their reasons.

I'd like to see this reflected in the tooltip though. You shouldn't have to do research to figure out what's causing you to be unable to use one of your abilities.