SWTOR is a great single player game

Reevax

I am a soloist by nature and decided that in swtor would I group group and group.

I have not had any problem finding groups in flashpoints but heroics have been spotty. At times, I have not had a problem and then others could not find a group for love or money. It seems that I can sit at the starting point of a heroic and spam lfg and watch chat and /who listings with no sucess. LOL, I have sat at the beginning of a heroic trying to find a group and then when I have moved on seen a lfg in chat for that heroic that is then a fifteen minute fighting march away. My dps can solo much of the heroic content but my healer can't.

Get into a good guild!!!!!! I took over one character on my wifes account (the healer) and have the grouping problems. Yesterday, when I logged on to my account and the character who is in a guild, after the greetings, I was asked if I needed any help with group content. There were people there who would do that content with me if I could not find a group. If any guild member needed help or a body to run group content, I would be there for them. So a guild with people who want to help each other is a good part of the answer.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have came to the conclusion people who have issue finding groups r not trying. I have not had any issues at all. If u want to be anti social and expect to que for groups well your playing the wrong mmo

you do realize that the people who are trying to group..spamming in the chats, by definition then are not anti social. Just because you as an individual have not had problems, does not mean there isn't one.

Also, define trying? Grouping should not be a chore in a MMO that requires extensive work to do.

Edited by xRydisx

The cycle of activity of the querulous player:

+while not having something better to do

+begin

- Oh, I found a new game, looks great!

- Oh, there are so many people trying to get inside, the queue is killing this game!

- Oh, due to the new servers population has spread around, <company> rocks!

- Oh, the game is empty! I can walk like for 5 long minutes without finding another

player.

- Oh, I've been playing for 5 days this game and you <company> already ruined it.

- Oh, you <company> obviously don't listen to customers, I'm posting QQ and leaving.

+if no one cares

- Open qq, nerdrage post on another subforum.

+else

- Point out how much you hate this game.

- Keep posting on the forums until someone points out you said you were leaving but

you're still around.

endif;

end;

endwhile;

Repeat for infinite loop.

Edited by ozirizo

That doesn't seem right at all. I'm going to do some testing when I can. It should be reasonably easy to find the answer

The general chat is planetwide, across instances. Not across servers.

I was riding the Jawa-balloon all by my self and feeling lonely while talking in general to 5 others who were riding it on another instance.

As for LFD-tool... no thank you. But perhaps a serverwide LFG chat channel.

Personally I feel if people start using the LFG status, it will all work out.

Here's what you do. Open social window (default 'o'). Go to the tab 'who'.

In the searchfield type LFG and hit enter.

Now you have a list of everyone on your server that is looking for a group. (that have bothered to set their LFG status.).

Sort by level and look for people in the levelrange of the FP you want to do.

Personally I hated the LFD in WoW. Sure it was simpler. But nothing makes me want to do a dungeon as much as getting a "Hey, we're looking for a tank for <dungeon>, are you interested?".

I realize that having a game doing your social interaction for you got you used to the "instafriend that you'll forget five minutes after" button. But looks like you won't have this option in this game. Welcome to the world of MMORPGs. And I mean real ones, which means not wow.

Now, after the customary snarky (but true) remark. Here's a bit of advice for you:

1: Get a guild.

2: Spamming the chat isn't always the way to go, if it's so aggravating for you, just go about your business, until someone will inevitably look for members for the same instance five minute safter. This game has plenty to do without sitting there to wait for a group.

3: Get a guild.

Corollary: Funny that you'd talk about this being a single player game,when you actually want it to require LESS social interaction. Press a button, get a group. May as well be NPCs, because it wouldn't make a difference.

In all your guy's anti LFD arguements you always use terms like get a guild, well someone will do it in 5 minutes, or start your own group.

The people that want LFD are on servers that do not have groups every 5 minutes for fp's and after trying for groups for an hour to two hours give up.

In your mind you can form a group easy.... in our experience only a week into the game we cant get groups.... thats only going to worsen for us.

LFD will not hurt you at all. You say get a guild get friends well guess what if you run with guild/friends already then you have no need for the LFD and are set. Those of us that dont we need it to form groups on less active servers because people are spread to thin on shards/planets.