The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Regen Animation: Saber leviate.

Fevee

Restricted to Warriors, Knights, Inquisitors, and Consulars.

You levitate your weapon(s) casually in front of you, regenerating health and energy as you focus.

(Everyone with a single blade could easily have the same animation, but those with dual sabers or a saberstaff might need an animation of their own.)

I think there need to be some new regen toys/animations/whatever you call them. On top of that, I'd like them to be something more casual like this saber levitate animation. Instead of a machine dropping from the sky to get a soda from for example, something like this is pretty alignment-neutral without being too flashy.

That, in 15 seconds? Sounds improbable.

15 seconds is a long time when you're sitting there doing nothing.

I don't think the initial scene where you construct it is more than 15 seconds long, in terms of the 'actually constructing it' portion.

But still, I think disassembling the lightsaber and putting it back together in 15 seconds means the animation will have to happen in a fast-forward state. Plus, they'd have to design a take-apart animation for absolutely every saber hilt in the game. Plus, if they player is interrupted while in the middle of the animation, I'm supposed to accept that the weapon instantly put itself back together?

Simply levitating the saber is a much simpler means when it comes to programming.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like this idea. It could be done as a gadget like the carbonite chamber one. Would work much better than the red-glow pacing my (full light side) sith sorcerer does.

And when interrupted, it could just vanish and be back to normal (also like the carbonite chamber does and the other animations do).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The cutscene when your consular creates his saber takes only about 8-10 secs.. it's probable

Yes, and he didn't get attacked while he did so. Plus, like I said: They'd have to design a take-apart animation for absolutely every saber hilt in the game.

• 2 months later...

If they won't pay mind to the big ideas like fixing the name system or custom instances, can't they spare someone to scratch off a few of the small ideas given by the community?

What would be wrong with a floating saber while one regenerates health and energy? If you're worried that a vibrosword or electrostaff would clip through people's bodies, perhaps the animation could be limited to lightsabers. "Required weapon not equipped". It gives us that when troopers and smugglers try to regen without the right weapon, so it shouldn't be too hard to say "Weapon needed="Lightsaber" or "Saberstaff"".

• 1 year later...
Restricted to Warriors, Knights, Inquisitors, and Consulars.

You levitate your weapon(s) casually in front of you, regenerating health and energy as you focus.

(Everyone with a single blade could easily have the same animation, but those with dual sabers or a saberstaff might need an animation of their own.)

Reminds me old good Jedi Knight II / Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy games and "taunt" (or flourish?) option :>

@UP

Hehe, sorry didn't read 2nd page, Alec :)

Edited by tummiswtor

• 4 weeks later...
I would love to see this. Although I don't see a issue for having a non-force using class do this. Sure it breaks the illusion and makes no sense in the game's context but I can see it being goof for roleplay depending on the backstory someone made for the class. Like my Smuggler is the son of a sith lord and thus has some knowledge of the dark side, just not enough to use anything beyond the basic skills to win a fight. After all, using the legacy powers break the immersion just as much.