Madness Sorc/ Sage need more burst

blackopsranger

So it comes to my attention that given the buffs to lightning sorcs you need to give madness sorcs burst abilities to match or better damage reduction such as 30% armor increase. In 1 on 1 matches a madness sorc will always lose because you cant hit hard enough.

Are you seriously asking for a BUFF to sorcs? You sir, are off your rocker.

well the old madness was about doing damage thru DOTs and overloading the enemy with so much damage he couldnt stand it, now the madness is such a joke, 1 more DOT than lightning and its a time cast unless u build up ur buff to instant cast (which takes like 2 force lightnings) and its buffs only happen if he gets a move off and are on such a short timer that the madness sorc will die before reaping the benefits from the buffs. and the healing the madness sorc did thru its DOTs is a joke, they turned one of the most balanced dueling classes into a "must have support" classes. lol the Healer sorc stands a better chance now in combat which is funny.

It takes one full channel of Lightning to proc an instant Demo.

Madness/Balance could use a tuning because its sustained damage is below many burst specs. This spec is the only one in the game that has no abilities given a surge boost. [<-- I was wrong here, there are other specs as pointed out below. Hangs Jawa head in shame. :jawa_frown: But we learn from our fails more than our successes, so :jawa_smile: .

However, such a retuning must come with a change (at least in PvP) for Pestilence. Personally, I really wish DoT spreading was a PvE thing only. It was neither requested nor needed for the DoT specs.

Edited by Master-Nala

Madness/Balance could use a tuning because its sustained damage is below many burst specs. This spec is the only one in the game that has no abilities given a surge boost.

However, such a retuning must come with a change (at least in PvP) for Pestilence. Personally, I really wish DoT spreading was a PvE thing only. It was neither requested nor needed for the DoT specs.

DoT spread was the route they chose to go to counter the increased AoE heals (or the other way around, who really knows). If you remove the DoT spread from PvP you would either need to really reduce the AoE heals of all the healers or bring Smash/Pyro (old AP) back to it's former glory for their AoE cleaves.

Madness/Balance could use a tuning because its sustained damage is below many burst specs. This spec is the only one in the game that has no abilities given a surge boost.

Vengeance jugs, lethality ops and virulence snipers would like a word with you.

Edited by nzologic

i find it funny. u look at what all these players who are against the sorc/sage getting refined or improved. Its clear they are here only to share their knowledge of using a sorc alt once in a while then have the nerve to tell a person who only plays a sorc how to use the class properly.

Its clear you guys are just not wanting the sorc/sage to return back to what it use to be. But for the ones who stated do this and that as a sorc need tot commit more than a few hours a week to that class. I only run a sorc so my knowledge of the class far exceeds ur since its the only one i play.

The buffs of the sorc dont last very long and they dont have a ton of hit on the run abilities as u claim they do. You also claim that range doesnt matter when it clearly does, if me and u can hit each other at the same max range then it doesnt matter about where i run to or how far i hit u cuz u can hit me just as far. also u stated armor doesn't matter against force? well look at the foce users damage reduction. falls into the same category so one again no bonus for the sorc.

the Sorc/sage has nothing that literally makes it different from the other classes while the other have something about them that makes them unique. u claim the force barrier abilities we have? oh cool, i stop moving and cant be hit/effected for a small time... u cna sit there and count down while healing so as soon as it pops u unload on me cuz if i use the barrier, any move cancels it out.

Edited by BothaMercBandit

i find it funny. u look at what all these players who are against the sorc/sage getting refined or improved. Its clear they are here only to share their knowledge of using a sorc alt once in a while then have the nerve to tell a person who only plays a sorc how to use the class properly.

Its clear you guys are just not wanting the sorc/sage to return back to what it use to be. But for the ones who stated do this and that as a sorc need tot commit more than a few hours a week to that class. I only run a sorc so my knowledge of the class far exceeds ur since its the only one i play.

The buffs of the sorc dont last very long and they dont have a ton of hit on the run abilities as u claim they do. You also claim that range doesnt matter when it clearly does, if me and u can hit each other at the same max range then it doesnt matter about where i run to or how far i hit u cuz u can hit me just as far. also u stated armor doesn't matter against force? well look at the foce users damage reduction. falls into the same category so one again no bonus for the sorc.

the Sorc/sage has nothing that literally makes it different from the other classes while the other have something about them that makes them unique. u claim the force barrier abilities we have? oh cool, i stop moving and cant be hit/effected for a small time... u cna sit there and count down while healing so as soon as it pops u unload on me cuz if i use the barrier, any move cancels it out.

I'm pretty sure Nala is more knowledgeable about sorc than anyone else in this thread by far. Aside from that, all I have to say is

#MadCuzBad

if u use demolish then u are stuck with only 2 real Dots left to cast cuz demolish and the 3rd Dot share the same cooldown. so ur wrong. plz invest more time into the sorc before suggesting rotations

I cant even take you seriously

that 3rd DOT you refer to is Crushing darkness and was meant to be replaced by Demolish in madness spec, why would you even mention it in rotation?

DoT spread was the route they chose to go to counter the increased AoE heals (or the other way around, who really knows). If you remove the DoT spread from PvP you would either need to really reduce the AoE heals of all the healers or bring Smash/Pyro (old AP) back to it's former glory for their AoE cleaves.

Aoe damage and dot spread counter aoe heals a little more than the other way around, imo.

Please tell us about your experiences in 4s on your sorc. Because until I learn otherwise, I'm going to assume that I have lot more experience playing sorc in ranked than you, and maybe even in regs. Only playing 1 class doesn't mean you're super good at that class... It just means you probably have a very myopic perspective on class balance.

Edited by Kakisback

I've been playing a Sage since the first day of early access.

Respectfully, but your posts aren't showing a deep understanding of the class. Madness needs slight tweaks at most and needs slight nerfs in response.

Madness only has one casted ability in its standard rotation: Force Leech. Everything else is instant or channeled with no CD. Now, because of Force Lightning's place in the rotation, it's actually true that Lightning is more mobile than Madness now which is a bit of madness in itself.

Dude, Sorc/Sage are one of the most effective classes atm. Most ranked teams are going to be bringing at least one with them (most likely a healer but Sorc DPS is no stranger to a good ranked team). Just because you can't win on a Sorc doesn't mean they aren't strong. Did you even watch the video I linked?

honestly, madness doesn't need much, maybe a small bump in dot damage to compete with the burst, but if you give them dots and burst... game over.

If anything, what the class needs, as a whole, better survivability skills whether thats active or passive or talented. Granted, that's pretty much what mercs/mando's need as well.

As a sage/sorc, if you are having problems with survivability against anything except an AP PT, you might just be bad.

I always read in these posts "you bad this, you bad that, you bad there, you bad here, you bad overthere, you bad everywhere !"

It's just coming out of my ears now !

Looks to me as if there was something to hide - behind all of that "u r bad" stuff.

Cool story:

Balance Sage was my launch toon and played him til 1.6 or so. I shelved him in protest that insta-lift was removed as it was INTERGAL to buying time to heal in 1v1 situations. Now with that ability back in the mix, and the short CDs on just about everything, this spec is in a good spot. I wish FiB/DF would burst a bit harder, but with the Quake/Storm Buff, I cant complain.

You need to learn how to kite and root/slow the snot out of people in 1v1 situations then spam quake if no one is paying attention to you....