TESO is officially going f2p.

Sindariel

Good.

Zenimax, much like Bioware, just refused to see the writing on the wall. Sub-based games are not the way to go.

I bought it at launch, tried it, didn't really like it but since it's going B2P, I might give it a second chance.

Edited by TheNahash

I will try it again. However, it had the same kinda poopy issues that Ilum had on SWTOR (to a lesser degree). Once so many people packed into an area the server choked hard, insane skill lag.

If they can't fix that (pvp the games main selling point if you ask me), then I still won't give them a dime.

Edited by Jnaathra

Will give it another shot.

I bought the Imperial Edition in store on a recommend from a friend but I think I lasted a week and half before shelving it and taking it off my pc.

It wasn't a terrible game, imho, just a very bland and boring one. Not worth a sub, but now it's B2P I will give it another go. :)

Regardless of what people think of the game the model they are using looks good.

You get the basic game and then buy the content dlcs. So this means they have to be seen as value for money or no one will purchase them which should keep the quality up. You pay 20 bucks and get shadow of revan and you will really think about where you want the next purchase.

Im sure we will also see cosmetic stuff as well but with any 'luck' they will avoid the lock box lottery filled with cosmetic crap as favored by BW. Hell they want to sell me the next chapter for my gunslinger I'd be far happier to purchase that than a box that has a piece a gift a space xp boost and a piece of wrist armor nobody wants and maybe a slot machine!

Regardless of what people think of the game the model they are using looks good.

You get the basic game and then buy the content dlcs. So this means they have to be seen as value for money or no one will purchase them which should keep the quality up. You pay 20 bucks and get shadow of revan and you will really think about where you want the next purchase.

Im sure we will also see cosmetic stuff as well but with any 'luck' they will avoid the lock box lottery filled with cosmetic crap as favored by BW. Hell they want to sell me the next chapter for my gunslinger I'd be far happier to purchase that than a box that has a piece a gift a space xp boost and a piece of wrist armor nobody wants and maybe a slot machine!

so far, its pretty much point for point copy of Secret World's b2p model - it genuinely looks like they look at various subscription optional games on the market and learned from them (and that includes SWTOR). if they continue to go with that, all the cosmetic stuff will be sold on individual basis.

I do love what they are doing with the horses (which is sort of hybrid of their own system and scaling skill that TOR and WoW have) I greatly prefer imperial white horse to all the other options - visually speaking, but in game bought horses (some of them anyways) came with 10 extra ability points if you will.

so far, its pretty much point for point copy of Secret World's b2p model - it genuinely looks like they look at various subscription optional games on the market and learned from them (and that includes SWTOR). if they continue to go with that, all the cosmetic stuff will be sold on individual basis.

I do love what they are doing with the horses (which is sort of hybrid of their own system and scaling skill that TOR and WoW have) I greatly prefer imperial white horse to all the other options - visually speaking, but in game bought horses (some of them anyways) came with 10 extra ability points if you will.

I didn't really like it when I played the Beta. Not sure I could get into it. I have all the other games just didn't get into it.

Yeah, me and my friends quit ESO once the news broke. Also, unless you subscribe, you're shafted from many zones of the game. It's sad, I was hoping on that crime system to be implemented in the game, and it never really has yet.

It's ok, though. I was burned out from how bland the game was. I hate games that give you so very few options, especially when it came to gear.

Yeah, me and my friends quit ESO once the news broke. Also, unless you subscribe, you're shafted from many zones of the game. It's sad, I was hoping on that crime system to be implemented in the game, and it never really has yet.

It's ok, though. I was burned out from how bland the game was. I hate games that give you so very few options, especially when it came to gear.

from what I understood - currently existing game is available to all, and only new zones (SWTOR equivalent would be section x and expansion content) has to be purchased separately OR requires subscription for acess without paying for modules individually. or did I misread their explanation somehow?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.