TESO is officially going f2p.

Sindariel

My biggest issue with ESO was the extreme lack of solo daily content at endgame, don't get me wrong I like to group in MMO's and my main focus in swtor is raiding however what they done in ESO was make every quest and the entire map a H4 and have absolutely no solo content past VR10.

Also the balancing between classes/builds/weapon/armor types means unless you stick to strict cookie cutter builds (i.e. dress and a stick) then you can pretty much say goodbye to raiding at endgame. At least in swtor you can pick any discipline and while some are stronger than others you're not going to be a dead weight based on your discipline choice.

Yup... I called it at launch.

I said "6 months to a year"...

Guess I was right.

I remember that post, you did say that...

And yes, you were right...

I might give it a try, if I can try it out for free... if it is worth playing, I'll sub... I'm happy to support a good game...

If it isn't worth subbing, then I won't stay...

That's funny, because everyone still refers to GW2 as "F2P" and not "B2P".

Definitional issue, some people divide all MMOs into two categories: Subscription Games and Non-Subscription Games, and often shorthand Non-Subscription Games as F2P for the sake of that distinction.

Others get more in-depth/specific and include classifications like B2P, etc.

Edited by DarthDymond

I would also expect shortly we'll be hearing the same about Wildstar...you know...the TOR Killer? :rolleyes:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I heard they are gearing up WS to launch in China. Their salvation plan is not F2P but rather suckering the Asians into playing their boring grindy game.

I came to see if there was gloating... and I was not disappointed.

that said.... I'm actualy kinda happy that they are not only going with buy to play model, but also going with Secret world rather then SWTOR subscription/non subscription model.

was actualy trying to decide last few days if I should resub to ESO for a bit. now? I won't need to unless I decide I want to after playing on March 17.

well the guy who thoght takeing TES which has by far the most rabid anti multi player fan base ever and makeing an mmo from it was an idiot. seriously for every elderscrolls fan who boght the game there was prably 5 more sacrificeing goats to dedra in order to bring doom the mmo that was tainting TES.

well the guy who thoght takeing TES which has by far the most rabid anti multi player fan base ever and makeing an mmo from it was an idiot. seriously for every elderscrolls fan who boght the game there was prably 5 more sacrificeing goats to dedra in order to bring doom the mmo that was tainting TES.

I honestly think that is the most accurate description of the ESO community I have ever seen.

Gawd ,WS is just so freaking horrible....

Agreed. I tried to get into it but it just took so long to level up. Not to mention how confusing it was to figure out which quests I needed to go on. And the graphics could have been done better...

Interesting story idea and gaming concepts that could have been executed better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.