The Wrath and his Loyalty

SotmrShadowsong

Why would *anyone* who is not mindwashed serve the Emperor after his plans are revealed ?

Honor, for exampe. People can be all kind of idiots, especially in fiction.

But guess it won't work for sith warrior. No matter how lightsided/honorably stupid, you alredy dispatched 2 of your masters.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honor, for exampe. People can be all kind of idiots, especially in fiction.

But guess it won't work for sith warrior. No matter how lightsided/honorably stupid, you alredy dispatched 2 of your masters.

The warrior isn't that stupid, though.

And you'd be a pretty bad LS Sith to side with the guy that wants to kill everything in the galaxy, you included.

I was disappointed that I couldn't stay loyal to the Emperor, and I'm a little off-put that Marr seems to be seeking some kind of mutual respect between the both of us. However, now that the Wrath is aware of the Emperor's plans, he would definitely seek some sort of restitution in exchange for his continued loyalty. Perhaps the same type of immortality that Scourge and the Emperor both have.

I was disappointed that I couldn't stay loyal to the Emperor

You can serve the Emperor by encouraging mobs to kill you and thus becoming food for his ascendence.

"I want to stay loyal to the Emperor" is akin to saying "Hannibal is a cool guy I want to be his next meal."

Edited by Sorelus

Why would *anyone* who is not mindwashed serve the Emperor after his plans are revealed ?

My wrath is a cultist who revers ther emprah as a dark god, and wants all life in the galaxy to be wiped out. She is also plagued by a deep unshakable anger which prevents her from simple things like a quiet mind or a good night's sleep. The only time she even comes close is when meditating and focusing her anger through herself. : ' )

I was disappointed that I couldn't stay loyal to the Emperor, and I'm a little off-put that Marr seems to be seeking some kind of mutual respect between the both of us. However, now that the Wrath is aware of the Emperor's plans, he would definitely seek some sort of restitution in exchange for his continued loyalty. Perhaps the same type of immortality that Scourge and the Emperor both have.

Just let the Imperial Guard kill you on Yavin 4. That's you staying loyal:p

My wrath is a cultist who revers ther emprah as a dark god, and wants all life in the galaxy to be wiped out. She is also plagued by a deep unshakable anger which prevents her from simple things like a quiet mind or a good night's sleep. The only time she even comes close is when meditating and focusing her anger through herself. : ' )

So you ARE playing a mindwashed psychopath. Q.E.D.

Your Wrath =/= Bioware's loosely defined Wrath.

• 2 weeks later...
Forget the emperor, I'm still annoyed we couldn't join Malgus. I hope I'm not the only one hoping he'll come in and help us kill the emperor, then take his rightful place on the throne

Marr will b*tch slap his punk a*s and tell his revolting (see what I did there?) self to go jump down a reactor core.

Marr > Malgus

Well while my Wrath does have a connection to the Emperor and would have died to Protect him. Wrath is there to not just Protect the Emperor but also the Empire. Defeat the Empires enemies. Foreign and domestic, my wrath will have a very interesting confrontation with the Emperor since he is loyal but his loyalty is shifting to Darth Marr who i personally Idealize on multiple levels. I mean If i didn't have a sith inquisitor that i wanted to be Emperor. I would vote for Marr. In the changing tides my Wrath will and would choose the Empire over the Emperor. But there would be much conflict in him and maybe even some doubt either to help the Emperor or not.

• 4 months later...
I actually feel quite strongly about this. To start with I will say everything I write down is from my own interpretation and experience of the Wrath's storyline.

Personally, my Wrath would stay loyal to the Emperor, even knowing what he plans to do. I mean first of all, Wrath is a Sith. This is an organization which, despite rules to the contrary, revels in death be it enemies of the Empire or fellow Sith. Throughout the story the character displays (if you followed the dark side) a total disregard for the sanctity of life, be it his/ her own or other peoples. Hoth springs to mind when you combat the Jedi Master at the end, fighting him despite the fact the cave is coming down, something the Jedi Master alludes to during the fight. In terms of other peoples life, the fact he/ she has mercilessly slaughtered hundreds, even thousands of enemies indicates the point I was also making.

The Wrath owes his position to the Emperor. He gave him back something worth more than life to him, he gave him a chance at vengeance, which probably has a higher value to the Wrath. The Emperor is the embodiment of power, about the only thing the Wrath seems to respect or even strive for and what he is planning, is lets be honest, something many Sith themselves would quite happily attempt to do. The Emperor is the only one worthy of that loyalty, the same way in which the Dread Masters towed the line until his disappearance. Before the events of Shadow of Revan, the Wrath was free to run riot and follow his passion of murder and chaos, turning on the Emperor surely nullifies his position in the Empire, his rank losing all distinction and legitimacy if the Emperor is an enemy.

Maybe I thought about it too much or maybe I have drawn the wrong conclusions, but personally, I would side with the Emperor, regardless, causing that much death and destruction the Emperor plans is just too good an idea to get in the way of.

NOTE: I understand in terms of gameplay why we had to turn on him, I am just saying from a logical/ story standpoint from my Wrath's viewpoint.

This is how I play my wrath and to everyone telling you you can't play him as a psychopath, they are so far from the truth, you can on multiple occasions be asked why would you kill this or that person, and you responses would include "I didn't like the way the look, is that a problem?" "I felt like it" etc. and you have 3 companions that agree with that, a Dark 5 Warrior is clearly meant to be ******* insane grim reaper incarnate, if you can you want to kill as many as you want, who cares about Sith teachings?

From the small amount of info in EU about Darth Nihilus he even wanted to destroy Sith relics (well raze the planet/monument, kinda forgot this) where Exar Kun wanted to stop him, why would you care about Sith Teachings? why would you care about Sith? you're stronger than them, **** everyone! :D

And to people telling you that a suicidal fanatic wouldn't survive in chap 1 :rolleyes: how many throughout the story keeping calling Wrath a grunt and can be easily killed only to be proven time and time again that he's much stronger than they perceive him, do you think Baras actually thought you would succeed in killing tremel? or any suicidal task he gave you, yet you do, and he used you for that, and all that time all that battle hatred, fear, and anger you became his demise, an ultimate weapon of destruction, Warrior isn't a leader, he's a one man army.

A light side warrior is a noble warrior better than Darth Marr in that he doesn't glorify battle, but wants peace, ends the cycle of hatred and fear by sparing Baras so instead of Retribution he finds Redemption

Neutral or not dark 5 is just your typical Sith play, use people, protect the empire, means to an end.. boring

Dark 5, death incarnate (I actually like this playstyle because you get to hurt the Empire along with hurting the Republic) and I hate the Empire more so it was a pleasure playing him Dark 5 (kill everyone)

But to me my warrior wouldn't serve the Emperor, he wants to kill him because he doesn't like feeling indebted and certainly not to someone who thinks he's a God, not to save the world and not to destroy it, but he would relish such a challenge, so in my head RP if it was an OP my wrath would help kill the Emperor and then kill everyone else in the OP :p

Oh and you get to play like that in Kotor2 and JK: JA 2 (remember killing all Jedi and Sith a like)

A final edit: Didn't Scourge say that every life that dies was just strengthening him? to me it would make sense that the Emperor would make Wrath Immortal to help him kill all life (and then trying to dispose of him) it would make for a pretty good Story in Kotfe if they made it possible to do that for a short while but in the end you have to kill the Emperor.

Edited by Azareya

• 4 weeks later...

With my Wrath I headcanoned it to she was loyal right up until the Emperor was brought back on Yavin and told her he was going to save her for last. She had been betrayed by everyone up until the point where she became the Wrath. She thought the Emperor was above such petty things and would gladly serve as his will.

She rationalized that Servant One was right and that Marr and Vorwian where just trying to play power games to become emperor themselves. Once Yavin happened though, she pretty much accepted the truth and dedicated her life to killing her former master.