Another thread about chosing a class ;)

Lothni

Hello,

I'm here to ask for your help with choosing a class. I have returned to this game after some time and I'm kinda

confused with how the game now looks. I have leveled one class (Marauder) to level 50 after Makeb was released, so

I have some knowledge about game mechanics. But...

My knowledge ends when it comes to 3.0. Therefore I'd like to ask for your help with choosing a class. As mentioned above i have played DPS and to be honest I didn't liked it at all. I'd like to do something more then smashing enemies in the face. So i decided to be a healer.

After a sith with a lightsaber I thought it would be nice to try something different. My choice is Commando or Scoundrel. Commando would be easier because i know how his playstyle looks. As for Scoundrel I'm very interested in this class but I honestly have no idea how to play him.

I would like to know how is regular leveling with the two mentioned before? Do I have to choose healing discipline to be a decent healer pre-55/60 lvl? Is Scoundrel playstyle so difficult as it looks on gameplays? How is the storyline for both?

Thanks for any advices :)

You have to pick which Advanced Class you want and after you've made that choice, you are stuck with it. But as with class trees, you can change your discipline if you want to do so.

I haven't leveled either of them after 3.0. As for the story: Do you want to be an elite military operative or the captain of your own smuggler vessel?

Becoming the Major of Havoc squad is pretty epic. Commando also carries a - BFG - :cool:

I run gunnery spec with heal companion out and just pwn. Good single target burst , enough aoe, and lot's of stuns make it a face roll once you get the rotation down.

Edited by Geesith

I've leveled every class, and if there was an option not to be a DPS I took it. I have to say that for me, Scoundrel/Operative heals was the most difficult spec to level. Pre-3.0 Scoundrels were the most mobile of the three healers, and had some good supplementary off-DPS to make things go faster than just relying on your DPS companion to kill everything.

In 3.0 this just isn't the case. Scoundrels no longer have Fly-by, and were made less mobile overall.

However, leveling my Commando and Merc healers was very enjoyable. They have incredible (and controllable) burst heals when needed, and still have crazy off-DPS: Pulse Cannon, Mortar Volley, and let's certainly not forget Hail of Bolts.

Heavy armor and lots of mobility are an enormous help while leveling as well.

One of the biggest advantages for leveling that the Trooper has always had is that all of its companions use Aim, so gearing them is incredibly easy. You just give them your hand-me-downs and they'll be tearing through enemies.

Edited by UTlNNl

I have both scoundrel (lvl 60) and commando (lvl 55 atm). Mainly, I'm a dps guy, barely use heal/tank spec, but i've tried few times as a healer on PvE terms (in Flashpoints). Scoundrel and commando has their pros and cons. Scoundrel is more mobile and can be evasive due to its stealth skills, whereas commando is tougher (because of its survivability skill and heavy armor). From what i've seen, both are equally good for healer/dps, you just need to stick, and have some time to getting used to it ;)

As the storyline, imo *i dont like both :eek::D lol but i think scoundrel is slightly better than commando (coz you smuggle stuff, and there are few surprises along the way). Commando storyline is quite boring (imo), you just being told to do the missions, and that's it. But hey, maybe you'd thinking "it's cool to be a decent trooper and doing deeds for republic" :D

hope this helps ;)

notes:

*After going through agent storyline, other classes storyline looks pretty flat lolz :p