Cartel Collections at 100% - something to recognise your loyal customers.

EnkiduNineEight

Presently when one visits their collections by each shipment and the packs available under the shipment you have a number to the left showing how complete your collection is for items in that shipment.

My suggestion would be, that if you acquire 100% for a pack, all items in that pack automatically unlock for every member of your legacy.

Well less desirable to the player, alternatively if they unlock the 100% for the whole shipment and not just a pack, you could then unlock the whole shipment for the legacy.

As these items can not be summoned and sold, and achieving 100% in a category usually represents a significant amount of income received by EA/BioWare (no matter if the player earned the 100% by buying packs with CC or buying them from the cartel market, most all of them were purchased with CC's at some point) and it seems fair to give the player a reward for contributing as much as they do to the bottom line of the financials of the game. I would estimate that anyone who achieves a 100% completion rating for a pack (Not an entire shipment, just a pack) likely represents at least $200 dollars of purchased CC's.

Players could still choose to unlock individual items with CC's if they do not have 100%, but would have incentive actually to purchase more items to obtain 100% if they knew they would receive an automatic legacy unlock for all items.

In the long run, its a very small reward to those people who are contributing the most to the financial health of the game.

As someone who has spent WAY TOO MUCH actual cash on cartel coins, I am 100% in favor of this idea. As a matter of fact, I think it would be cool if the only way to unlock dye packs in your collection was to obtain 100% on 3 packs for each dye you want to unlock. I know Black/Black would be my first. I buy lots of those things every time they go on sale.

I know Black/Black would be my first. I buy lots of those things every time they go on sale.

I think you answered your own question. ;)

I buy the black/black off the GTN, I have never and will never pay actual money for it... but thank you for doing so. :)

Dye's aren't part of collections and so would not be covered by this idea. I do not agree and would not support that 'consumables' be unlocked to a legacy and allowed to be generated at will. I believe some things should remain available only through the gtn as 'luxury' items.

This idea covers only those items that are part of obtaining 100% achievement for a Cartel Pack or a Cartel Shipment.

As someone who spends a lot of money on the CM and tends to buy things to complete collections even if I don't like the items, I fully support this idea :D

That was my thought as well. I've spent a significant amount of 'real' money buying packs, and then time and money trying to find rare pieces I missed from prior packs, in order to have a complete set of not jus one set of gear, but unlocking a whole shipment. It seems a small 'thank you' to the consumer to then allow the player to use those items on any of their characters considering the financial investment in represents. As I mentioned above, even a player who doesn't spend any CC's on packs but gets 100% represents a player who did spend on the cartel packs, so its a decent amount of cash already earned.

I'm still a little twisted that they added the collections after they had added the first cartel packs and as such, there are many things I would have complete sets of, but tossed out of my inventory because I didn't have room for them.

They could even add a unique item(armour set, mount, etc.) to a pack or wave that only unlocks when you have 100% completion and is not obtainable through any other means.

EQ2 had an in-game collectible system that rewarded you like that, with a unique reward.

It's not entirely the same of course, but it would add incentive, and potentially boost CM sales, either directly or indirectly.

• 3 months later...

I want them to give a title when you get 100% of each cartel collection. That would be something that you could 'show' off so to speak but lots of these ideas sound great.

I too spend more money than I should on CC mostly because of all the cool housing items but now I've gotten the completionist bug and nearly got all my packs at 100%. So I'd very much like to see some reward for that achievement.

Edited by Sazigirl