fira weapons has less max damage points

DarkJediMage

i used same mods in my kalig double bladed light saber and fira eleectrostaff. the fira electrostaff had 10 max damage points less than the double bladed light saber has. please fix and balance out the fira weapons.

note bioware - you are really ruining the game when the new gear and/or weapons are imbalanced like this.

You think this is bad? Try looking at how superior 192 ops drops implants are to 198 commendation gear. Or compare the recently updated 178 implants to 198 commendation gear. Why spend ultimate comms when I can just wear 178s that I get from Rishi and Yavin and be better equipped?

You think this is bad? Try looking at how superior 192 ops drops implants are to 198 commendation gear. Or compare the recently updated 178 implants to 198 commendation gear. Why spend ultimate comms when I can just wear 178s that I get from Rishi and Yavin and be better equipped?

ikr. i have seen that swtor post on the ultimate comms. it really kills the incentive/motivation to do the lvl 60 endgame.

Edited by DarkJediMage

Its that way with all Vibroswords and electrostaffs in exchange you get +12 minimum damage I think it balances out but I also like to run my marauder with 2 Gamorrean Axes and haven't bothered augmenting 2 lightsabers to try the difference :p Edited by VIncentBlaze

This actually stems back to the fact the Vibrostaves (like the Fira wapons) do less max damage, but greater min damage; in comparison to saberstaves, which do less min damage, and greater max damage. (I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head right now, sorry). It is possibly due to the fact that Vibrostaves are kinetic damage, whereas saberstaves are energy damage. Why this is so, I don't know.

Edit: I did not read far enough down... Just realized someone else already said most of what I said...

Edited by Schultzlego

Comm gear is SUPPOSED to be the *******st gear possible.

Vibroswords have a higher min damage, and a lower max damage than a lightsaber. This is not a bug. Stop wasting the developer's time.

I am not wasting anyone's time. it is does not make any sense to have a damage spec like this. it does less damage why even bother developing a weapon like this? it is a waste.

Edited by DarkJediMage

Comm gear is SUPPOSED to be the *******st gear possible.

Not to the extent that it currently is. Last xpac, commendation gear was almost on par with operations drops. Sometimes, the only thing that made ops drops better was set bonuses. Now, a 192 implant picked up from Ravagers puts 198 commendation implant to absolute shame. There's currently no reason for sorc healers to spend any commendations on implants. "Inferior" gear is better.

I am not wasting anyone's time. it is does not make any sense to have a damage spec like this. it does less damage why even bother developing a weapon like this? it is a waste.

If the difference in min-damage is the same as the difference in max-damage then the average damage is the same, you just have lower variance.

Edited by Mornyr

no offense your math is correct. but i am a maxer. average damage means nothing if it doesn't have a high max damage.

My point was that you're not doing more overall damage with higher max damage. If you only care about having your hardest possible hit be as hard as possible, that's one thing, but if you care about overall DPS then this shouldn't really be an issue.

Does less damage? It does MORE damage from having a higher minimum!

The entire point of this is that one weapon has "wild" damage, the other has consistent damage. With the electrostaff, you never ever have to worry about getting a hit as low as possible on the saberstaff. The tradeoff is, you will never ever get as hard a hit as is possible either. In case this is too hard for you to understand, think of it this way: imagine one weapon does 5 damage every time, while another does 1-10. The median (average) damage is going to be the same on these two weapons, but have different play styles. Welcome to MMO's.

The entire point of this is that one weapon has "wild" damage, the other has consistent damage. With the electrostaff, you never ever have to worry about getting a hit as low as possible on the saberstaff. The tradeoff is, you will never ever get as hard a hit as is possible either. In case this is too hard for you to understand, think of it this way: imagine one weapon does 5 damage every time, while another does 1-10. The median (average) damage is going to be the same on these two weapons, but have different play styles. Welcome to MMO's.

thanks. i get it now.

Edited by DarkJediMage