The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Country Flags

SWentz

We have may faction flags, but it be awesome to have real world country flags! I know many people will slate this idea "Its not star wars" "Its not the lore" But you ask for ideas and the thought of many Scottish flags all over my guild ship would be awesome :-D

I am not on board with that but maybe create a free in game player tittle that shows off your country of origin could be cool.

Like say myself I am from Canada maybe Frozen Canuck as a tittle

On the SWTOR site or forums could have a list so you can look and figure what each tittle is. Not sure how they could pull it off but I think that could be a cleaver way to throw in some country pride if that's what your looking for.

That's an other good idea, I must admit it's something on my server that people always are talking about (Where there from) and many are so proud of there countries, I still like the flag idea to tho :-P It was an idea but I think both won't ever happen :-(

how would this make sense? The original Star Wars was set "A Long Time Ago" and "In a Galaxy Far Far Away"

SWTOR is thousands of years prior to that.....

So what sense would it make to have flags from Earth's real countries...that didn't even exist anywhere close to this time-frame...in SWTOR? Hell let's pretend SWTOR takes place in OUR current time....just in another Galaxy...how would they even make sense then?

No real-world things in SW please...thanks....

Well if you want to argue, Non-Canon of course, Alien Exodus book was axed but was going to tell a somewhat prequel to how the "Human Race" got to this Far far away galaxy (Funny that, Human sounds very earth like don't you think?) which could have tied 3 movies (THX-1138, American Graffiti, and Willow) into the Star wars universe! We don't know of yet if this game will be canon or not, devs are pretty hush hush when asked! No1 knows in the future if earth will even make it into the movies (They gotta explain humans one day) And you know what, this post was an idea, a bit of fun and you just ranted on over flags, really? Maybe a few days away from your desk may relax you a bit, gaming is not a lifestyle, its just fun! Life day, i always thought it reminded me of Christmas, but this is Star Wars, NO WAY would they ever add anything to do with Earth in that.. would they?

Dont judge other peoples ideas because you never thought of them yourself, and please take a step outside, may cheer you up! :D

how would this make sense? The original Star Wars was set "A Long Time Ago" and "In a Galaxy Far Far Away"

SWTOR is thousands of years prior to that.....

So what sense would it make to have flags from Earth's real countries...that didn't even exist anywhere close to this time-frame...in SWTOR? Hell let's pretend SWTOR takes place in OUR current time....just in another Galaxy...how would they even make sense then?

No real-world things in SW please...thanks....

Wholeheartedly agree. No to RL crap coming into SW, lest I start seeing Coke and Pepsi advertisements all over fleet to pad BW's wallet. Keep star wars, star wars!

Wholeheartedly agree. No to RL crap coming into SW, lest I start seeing Coke and Pepsi advertisements all over fleet to pad BW's wallet. Keep star wars, star wars!

Keep SW, SW, Kinda hard aint it when throughout the whole game, movies and books, earth words are used all over! Hot chocolate for starters is Luke Skywalkers fav drink (God forbid eh?) They even smoke cigars, i mean what were they thinking? I'll leave my ideas to myself next time, cant be arsed with people ranting on over someones ideas because they sit at home to much the forums become there life! If i did not agree with someones idea i'd just say nothing, being a troll just aint me :D

Keep SW, SW, Kinda hard aint it when throughout the whole game, movies and books, earth words are used all over! Hot chocolate for starters is Luke Skywalkers fav drink (God forbid eh?) They even smoke cigars, i mean what were they thinking? I'll leave my ideas to myself next time, cant be arsed with people ranting on over someones ideas because they sit at home to much the forums become there life! If i did not agree with someones idea i'd just say nothing, being a troll just aint me :D

If you submit an idea on a public forum mate you've got to be prepared for other people shooting it down.

If you submit an idea on a public forum mate you've got to be prepared for other people shooting it down.

There's a difference with shooting down & doing your research. You cant completely disagree with an "Idea" and say its not "Star Wars" When throughout the SW Galaxy "Earth" & "Earth like" references are referenced throughout! I'll check all your posts, make sure you keep to just "Star Wars" i will scrutinize :p

There's a difference with shooting down & doing your research. You cant completely disagree with an "Idea" and say its not "Star Wars" When throughout the SW Galaxy "Earth" & "Earth like" references are referenced throughout! I'll check all your posts, make sure you keep to just "Star Wars" i will scrutinize :p

Whatever floats your boat mate.

Regardless of all the other "real world" references already in the game, there is still no reason to welcome any more.

Planetary flags would be fine.

Species flags would be fine.

Minor faction flags would be fine.

But a german, french, british or US flag would just be a piece of colored cloth without any meaning in this world.... as such the idea is as good as wookiee (read: horrible).

Regardless of all the other "real world" references already in the game, there is still no reason to welcome any more.

Planetary flags would be fine.

Species flags would be fine.

Minor faction flags would be fine.

But a german, french, british or US flag would just be a piece of colored cloth without any meaning in this world.... as such the idea is as good as wookiee (read: horrible).

Oi, you ain't seen a female wookiee on Nuts Magazine, sexy, not horrible :-P Ok I get it bad idea lol.

You should lead all of your posts with "I am a sensitive little girl, and here are my thoughts.."

Can't handle people disagreeing with you? Tough.

And I'm sorry, what messed up universe wouldn't have hot chocolate and cigars?

You should lead all of your posts with "I am a sensitive little girl, and here are my thoughts.."

Can't handle people disagreeing with you? Tough.

And I'm sorry, what messed up universe wouldn't have hot chocolate and cigars?

Little girl? really? American? us in Scotland address people with respect! takes time i guess. We dont ***** at peoples ideas! Like i said in the post i expected people slating the idea, but come on, really?.... some people got way to emotional, to even post on this there Pro-No's... BetterTogether behavior, glad i keep away from the forums

of course earth-like words are used and referenced...it's so people can UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT....

saying "I'll see you in hell" in Star Wars isn't even close to the same ballpark (hell the the same damn planet) as having a Canadian Flag.....

Cause Star War's woulda been so popular if ALL the dialogue was in some made-up language right? Use common sense man....

Little girl? really? American? us in Scotland address people with respect! takes time i guess. We dont ***** at peoples ideas! Like i said in the post i expected people slating the idea, but come on, really?.... some people got way to emotional, to even post on this there Pro-No's... BetterTogether behavior, glad i keep away from the forums

Immediately assuming he's American because you found what he said offensive...shows it's own level of stupidity, arrogance, and is just as offensive.

but keep on your high-horse, kid.

• 2 weeks later...

I oppose because neither these countries, nor these flags exist in SW canon. In fact, 'countries' don't really even exist. Planets have unified governments. And they don't seem to have flags as we understand them, more like standards and symbols.

So no. A real-world country is not like a beverage or an object, you can't just transfer it over into a highly-fictional setting and say it's OK. It really ruins immersion.