The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Advice on Ammo/Heat Management

Viraxis

I am having big time heat/ammo management on my Vanguard playing Tactics. I think things will get better once I get 6 piece set bonus and such, but I was wondering if people could provide any tips. I don't seem to have the problem playing Plamatech nearly as much, but I am really wanting to run with Tactics. I also don't have the issue in PvP.

This toon is just starting out to raid so I only have augment 186s with no set bonus at the moment. I know that the last thing you need to happen is to let the resource pool get too low as the regen is less efficient. I want to keep my DPS up but I am wondering if it is as simple as throwing in an autoattack in the rotation at key points to prevent ammo from depleting too fast.

Thoughts, tricks, ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I am having big time heat/ammo management on my Vanguard playing Tactics. I think things will get better once I get 6 piece set bonus and such, but I was wondering if people could provide any tips. I don't seem to have the problem playing Plamatech nearly as much, but I am really wanting to run with Tactics. I also don't have the issue in PvP.

This toon is just starting out to raid so I only have augment 186s with no set bonus at the moment. I know that the last thing you need to happen is to let the resource pool get too low as the regen is less efficient. I want to keep my DPS up but I am wondering if it is as simple as throwing in an autoattack in the rotation at key points to prevent ammo from depleting too fast.

Thoughts, tricks, ideas?

Thanks in advance.

The only set bonus for rotational purposes you'll want is the 4-piece, which makes resources slightly easier to utilize. Other than that...

It is pretty much just throwing in auto-attack at key points in the rotation to prevent ammo depleting too fast.

To make it easier, for now just prioritize:

Assault Plastique on cooldown

Stockstrike on Cooldown

Cell Burst @ 4 lodes

High Impact Bolt when above conditions are unable to be done

Tactical Surge to proc High Impact Bolt

With practice, you'll start getting the feel of when you can also mix in extra Tactical Surge's instead of Hammer Shots, but when just starting off to avoid overheating try to keep to a system where you don't use more than 2 Tactical Surges between High Impact Bolt, and take 1 away from that if you have a stockstrike there.

Edited by TACeMossie