Hotwireds "I know what I'm talking about" rework of Commando/Merc Utilities + Talents

Gyronamics

I do 16 HM but I'm a healer, my hps goes up during those raid dmg situations even though have 5% less pushback resistance than you. I'm simply trying to understand your perspective. I have a sorc who's obsessed with his parses and 2 mercs in my group an none of them have ever even mentioned anything about significant dps loss due to pushback, but if you can't provide any proof toward this claim I'll go on thinking as I do. No need to get all elitist about it :rolleyes: (Content experience doesn't matters, numbers are numbers.)

Um, the reason your HPS goes up during raid damage phases is because of AoE healing. (Also, HoTs for Scoundrel and Trauma Probe for Commando suddenly getting to do effective healing.) With a very few exceptions, burn phases with lots of raid damage don't suddenly result in DPS getting to switch to AoE mode (with the resulting meter-padding).

The point of this thread was for someone to get emotionally trapped into not backing off when they get an answer they didn't like. As a result the thread rambles on for many posts continually being bumped at no use to man or beast.

huh? Is this directed at me or you, cuz I said I was satisfied with your answer 3 posts ago.

Or maybe it was to put out some considerably better ideas since similar threads are full of mudslinging and really really trash suggestions and grow with increased mudslinging.

I'd go with this one, but you don't seem think community view matters :confused:

Um, the reason your HPS goes up during raid damage phases is because of AoE healing. (Also, HoTs for Scoundrel and Trauma Probe for Commando suddenly getting to do effective healing.) With a very few exceptions, burn phases with lots of raid damage don't suddenly result in DPS getting to switch to AoE mode (with the resulting meter-padding).

LOL... You don't say. Thanks, but I'm not retarded. I was stating that is the reason I wouldn't personally experience this supposed drop in performance due to constant raid dmg and why I was asking for specifics.

Edited by TezMoney

I'm getting this feeling that I'm discussing pushback in raids with someone who doesn't do the same content and I'm being dragged around like a fool.

The bottom line is it's a negative influence and the class would be better off without it. A DPS loss because you take damage as opposed to mechanics, moving or controls is not enjoyable. Many people are not aware of mechanics so I wouldn't expect everyone to care.

Pushback has little weight in how well(or not) mercs perform in PVP and come to that the reason why sorcs are ripping up PVP has nothing to do with it either.

There is no point of view to change. Mine is it that it should not be so and that removing it is nothing but positive. You can try and convince me that pushback resistant mercs would ruin pvp if you like.

HO is on a 30s CD or in my case 25s because I kept old PVP set bonuses. It then lasts for 6s or 10s with utility spec.

That is a gigantic level of CC and physics immunity.

Then change it to a 60 second cool down. I am tired of being killed in the first 30 seconds of a WZ because I am stun locked and cannot do anything. As far as PVE goes, who cares? You can PVE in your sleep. All you need to do is learn what ability to use and when and just walk through the OP. As long as you have good enough gear that is.

I didn't reply to you about PVE, I quoted and put a reply to you under it.

No one would want HO put on a 60s CD with the same 10s duration. Its our only movement boost.

However the change to Chaff Flare is exactly the anti-focus change needed to prevent instagibbing while taking a utility which heals and extends Energy Shield and another utility which allows earlier and more effective use of Kolto Overload plus an unlock on HO when it does that. Those are the kind of things you'd take for competitive games.

Edited by Gyronamics

hello

biggest problem - merc not have @oh sheet@ safe abilities. and anti-control abilites.

merc can`t do anything in focus - and because of this merc always 1target,

not phantom huge merc dps - maybe i ask big secret, all classes near top very close to each other with dps

like 4500-5000

BUT other classes can do this job under fire.

merc cant. (exept all ather forget about him like on Koozie videos). point. game over. (hi can on raid. or on papperdol on ship)

same with hiling, merc nearly imposible heal group under pressing. exept all ather forget about him. (

like healer - operative can @oh sheet@ vanish, flash, roll

sorc can @oh sheet@ bauble, shield, RUN, stels etc.

merc? crappy 25%DR and die

because of this no place merc in ranked pvp

1.make shield 40% 8 sec dura, 40 sec CD and immune to all control under it (merc) and shield can be castable

under CC like stun, blind, mes and choke tipe ablities (stan breaker), now this shield of nathing with 120! sec CD just jank.

2. electro-net mast be not dispelable - now slow effect dispelable

3. TM mast be instant cast but 2 sec CD (it not effected on dps but give us mobility)

3. jet boost must kik MUCH more and knock target down , (it now laughable, it kick 3 times less then dps jump, and grapple)

4. and very good idea sap like oper have @Rocket Punch immobilises the target for 4 seconds. The target has its damage reduced by 50% for 4s. or ae sap from Chaff Flare,

just compare merc anti-cc, @oh sheet@ and mobility abilities with assassins or with sorc, or oper

and again look on parse - dps THE SAME merc killed not because dps,

but because :

MERC=FRAG

the Defenses have 2 sides

active - like assasins with pre- conter- abilites

passive - like powertech tank shield absorb

but in pvp (not pve)

dps and healer chars need defenses too

glass canon can success if they have vanish hide roll or cover etc.

we alredy have active defence healer and dps, so

LETS make merc be passive dps

give him passive on 30 lvl - Exosceleton

it rise shield, absob and defenences on 100% chanse to defence and shield 50%

CC abilites work 70% less on effect and time

and merc become sidge tank, and siedge healer

with passibe defence.

I made this suggestion in another thread:

Tripwire ( Tanglebomb for Mercs ): When activating Hold the Line, up to 4 enemies in a 5 meter radius will be knock down for 2 seconds.

Nothing too overpowered, but a good enough peel for ourselves when we get opened up on or leaped to by multiple targets.

Both Decoy and Degauss should be rolled into the passive abilities of Diversion instead of being split into two separate disciplines. Also, a 5 stack of Charged Barrier should reset the cooldown of Diversion. Again, nothing too overpowered, but helps us stay alive just a little bit longer and not be instant fodder material in arenas.

I made this suggestion in another thread:

Tripwire ( Tanglebomb for Mercs ): When activating Hold the Line, up to 4 enemies in a 5 meter radius will be knock down for 2 seconds.

Nothing too overpowered, but a good enough peel for ourselves when we get opened up on or leaped to by multiple targets.

Yeah, this is a cool idea