The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[PvE] DPS of Vanguard / Powertech

Aaryn

Simple question, whats about the state of the damage oriented Vanguard / Powertech specs?

At the moment i play a sentinel, can deal only damage. With a Vanguard i can also help out as a tank but my main role within the raid would be still dps.

Can you still give me a overall DPS value with at least 186+ Gear? ^_^

Simple question, whats about the state of the damage oriented Vanguard / Powertech specs?

At the moment i play a sentinel, can deal only damage. With a Vanguard i can also help out as a tank but my main role within the raid would be still dps.

Can you still give me a overall DPS value with at least 186+ Gear? ^_^

How to kill revan:

http://i.imgur.com/87S3Mzx.jpg

:p

Anyway, you can't go wrong as a vanguard/powertech DPS. Not only do you perform competitive DPS on a dummy, you get a ton of buffs in a raid, and the lest nerfs due to mechanics.

In addition, sonic rebounder and hold the line are both incredible for overcoming annoying mechanics in almost all the new content, so take advantage of this!

The only class that does better in raids is an IO Merc/Assault Commando, and thats cause they pull >5k dps in crappy gear.

I was actually curious about that myself, because my Trooper's been sitting at level 10 for about five days now while I try to decide on an AC. Most of the raid videos I see on YouTube involving Troopers are of Commando DPS, which makes me think that's the way to go, but I'm not wild about the assault cannon. So I reckon on Vanguard, but then remember how undesirable melee DPS is in end-game raiding, and wind up not making a decision at all and just PVPing on my Jug.

Is AP better than Pyro in PvE DPS? I ask because I don't really enjoy DoT classes so much, but I love the way AP plays.

I'd say pyro has a higher ceiling but they should be fairly close single target. Kwerty would have better knowledge.

Edited by DethlaHadyn

Is AP better than Pyro in PvE DPS? I ask because I don't really enjoy DoT classes so much, but I love the way AP plays.

Excuse the brief reply and typos, im on a tablet

Pyro definately has the higher potential DPS, but at a cost.

First off, the obvious problem of the 3 second channel alongside more melee dependancy - Flaming fist is an incredibly high source of damage for Pyro while Rocket Punch is barely better than mag blast and almost entirely used for the sole purpose of the cheaper cost + armor debuff. E.g. my raid group typically has a guardian DPS so I sit back @ 12 meters and let him handle the armor debuff, as that way I dodge more mechanics

After that, there is also a very heavy reliance on someone providing the elemental debuff. Without any outside debuffs, the specs are tied. Add in the range damage debuff and AP takes the lead. Pyro Needs that elemental debuff to get the 2-300dps lead it is capable of

End result, I use both cause I like both (Blame scorch and its sweet animation), but both specs are 100% viable in SM, with AP being stronger in some HM fights entirely because of AoE damage reduction