WHY even bother with Advanced augments for PVP for a Microscopic small and unrelavant

Rheemus

If you want the best damage/heal you can get out of you stats then it is worth it. The choice is yours use some creds that will most probably just lie around used on nothing (for me at least) or use em for a little boost.

I don't think he's arguing that being fully auged isn't the best option... but prior to 3.0, when augments were separate from bolster, you got a much bigger return (relatively speaking) for your investment. IMO augs shouldn't be included in bolster at all.

So spend nothing, or spend 2.84 million credits to gain 308 power and lose 168 endurance.

It's not a lot of money, seriously..

If you'd rather use the bolster crap by all means.

But for me, there isn't even a discussion here. Buy proper augments.

That's 28.4 million credits to gear each of them out to gain 308 power and lose 168 endurance!

So spend nothing, or spend 2.84 million credits to gain 308 power and lose 168 endurance.

That's also over the entire life of this expansion. You'll go through at least 3 more gear tiers, 2 years of game play, and thousand WZ's before you need to re-aug. If you look at the life time of the investment it isn't much at all, certainly compared to what you spend in swapping out modifications.

Edited by TezMoney

Min max min max min max..that is all I hear but NOBODY ever explains it. Because there is no such thing. Minimum what ? Maximum what ? Get your pvp gear, augment it...that is all you can do. Go for main stat is all I see people doing...minmax my axx

There is just no argueing with this level of dumb..

He's not dumb, he's arguing that the cost does not reflect the benefit. It's a valid point.

Augments cost money, money means grind. grind can be boring. Hours of boring fora few extra stat points might not be worth it.

Edited by vennian

Min max min max min max..that is all I hear but NOBODY ever explains it. Because there is no such thing. Minimum what ? Maximum what ? Get your pvp gear, augment it...that is all you can do. Go for main stat is all I see people doing...minmax my axx

What you minimize and what you maximize depends on your AC, spec, and even personal tastes. Augments are just one part, most of the min maxing is done though enhancements for the 3rd tier stats (acc, alac, surg, shield, absorb).

Edited by TezMoney

WHY even augment at all then for PVP ? if Health goes DOWN by equiping Advanced augments (over the prototype blue quality which is in bolster in 3.0) for what LESS HP and microscopic more power ????????? that in the randoness of PVP is completely not going to give you any advantage whatsoever

Why bother doing the same with pve gear, just to go hit a dummy on your ship all by yourself for a parse score? Ok, officially it's to do Ops...but really you run an op once a week. So actually it's to get high score for pretending to pretend fight. lol

WHY even augment at all then for PVP ? if Health goes DOWN by equiping Advanced augments (over the prototype blue quality which is in bolster in 3.0) for what LESS HP and microscopic more power ????????? that in the randoness of PVP is completely not going to give you any advantage whatsoever

Sush!!! Don't hate on my crafters bro...

Thing is a lot of DPS/healers don't want to stack endurance. They want to maximize their out out. For some 2.8m is a lot of credits. To others not so much. I augmented my gear one at a time and didn't really notice a big drop in credits. Every time I earned 100k I allowed myself another augment so my credits didn't drop much. The extra power or mainstat you get from switching to purple mainstat/power augments is worth it in my opinion. My goal is not to win by absorbing more damage thru higher health pool; it is to win by reducing my opponents health pool faster than he can mine. That's what min/maxing does. It's the same reason I spend 2k ranked comms and 800 unranked comms for 1 ranked enhancement. It's becusse I like the stats better. One ranked enhancement takes longer to grind out than credits for an augment.

I totally agree with this and here is why: in regs or in ranked, taking out a healer is a lot easier with extra mainstat/power (depends on your preference, I go mainstat cause yoloswag4jesus). Augment for endurance if you want but when your entire team dies from their healer ourdoing yours, that extra 1-3k health is absolutely meaningless. My two cents

Thing is a lot of DPS/healers don't want to stack endurance. They want to maximize their out out. For some 2.8m is a lot of credits. To others not so much. I augmented my gear one at a time and didn't really notice a big drop in credits. Every time I earned 100k I allowed myself another augment so my credits didn't drop much. The extra power or mainstat you get from switching to purple mainstat/power augments is worth it in my opinion. My goal is not to win by absorbing more damage thru higher health pool; it is to win by reducing my opponents health pool faster than he can mine. That's what min/maxing does. It's the same reason I spend 2k ranked comms and 800 unranked comms for 1 ranked enhancement. It's becusse I like the stats better. One ranked enhancement takes longer to grind out than credits for an augment.

I totally agree with this and here is why: in regs or in ranked, taking out a healer is a lot easier with extra mainstat/power (depends on your preference, I go mainstat cause yoloswag4jesus). Augment for endurance if you want but when your entire team dies from their healer ourdoing yours, that extra 1-3k health is absolutely meaningless. My two cents