The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sarlacc Trash Can

Vitas

One of the memorable decorations for your home in Star Wars Galaxies was the Sarlacc Trash Can. There were two variations of it: the standard version, and the Deluxe Sarlacc Trash Can. The deluxe version was obviously slightly bigger, but you could also deposit junk items into it.

Just something that would be great to add to our strongholds, what about adding Sarlacc Trash Cans into the game, possibly as both special vendor and Cartel Market-exclusive items?

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Sarlacc_Trash_Can

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Deluxe_Sarlacc_Trash_Can

Despite Star Wars Galaxies being set thousands of years after Star Wars: The Old Republic, I can't see why an item like this would be just restricted to that era, as versions of it could've existed in the past. It would also definitely be great as something small to remember SWG by and for those who used to play it, that now play SWTOR.

There could also be rewards for feeding it junk items for a period of time, like you could in Star Wars Galaxies. If you fed it specific kind of loot items, it could give the player a special reward item.

Edited by Vitas

I have no interest in corny stuff like that. Items like this would only continue to turn SWTOR into a parody of Star Wars.

There were some questionable stuff in SWG which I would agree made the game feel a bit of a parody, but I don't think this would contribute to that feeling.

Some characters in Star Wars lore I recall seeing had kept baby Sarlaccs in like jars and vases until it grew to a large enough size. There was one Jawa that kept a baby Sarlacc (unknowingly what it was) and kept in a bottle of water.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fortune,_Fate,_and_the_Natural_History_of_the_Sarlacc

I kinda like the idea of this or something similar that we can feed junk loot we get and we could get reward with stuff like NATs or jawa junk that we can cash in for mats maybe even a chance to win say 5 cartel coins over time that could add up. And this would only be available for subscribers to win cartel coins but mon subs could win other loot like mats. Even allow us to win mats that normally drop in ops as well.

Maybe also if we feed it say a cartel item from the cartel market we get say 10 cartel coins. I don't know how many arm guards and belts I get that take up room I just trash them because the GTN is flooded with them lol

I think this would be a good use of cartel junk items with this people would feel less ripped off with all those junk items like arm guards. Toss in the junk cartel items and get a few cartel coins. May even increase cartel pack sales because people won't feel so bad when they get that junk. Which could be a good thing for bioware.

Edited by Vanisher

I have no interest in corny stuff like that. Items like this would only continue to turn SWTOR into a parody of Star Wars.

fair enouh but we already have the PBJ dance, sleigh speeders and some silly regeneration toys. Its starting to cheese up a big, at least the sarlacc is a starwars thing and not just a fade item from social media

Lol if we fed them garbage cartel items, the servers would explode from the sheer amount of craptastic cybernetic gear thrown into them.

Hmm, .. - well first off, I am a wearer of that 'Craptastic Cybernetic gear' ! - But only as a reflection of my RealLife ; i'm a Right arm amputee, so all 8 of my Characters have a Right Cybernetic hand , those little details ya know..

However i am with you on the 'Craptastic' - perhaps we could have a Cybernetic Armour Set as a CC only full Set .

But Proper Cool, as in 5 fingers on a hand (this is a world of re-gen and starships right?) so lets ditch the 3 fingered claws and bizarre 'Chicken wings' on the back of the Chest piece . Move on up to some seriously Sci-Fi glimmering Glamtastic Cybernetic strutting gear that deflects light as well as it does sabre glances.

yup, there's room , .. but like at the Top end of the GTN not the bottom ; thats the knack of design here! :rak_03:

I like the Sarlacc idea especially if we can fed it junk and other items and depending what you feed you get a chance for an item or just NATs so you always get something. I think being able to recycle the arms guards and gloves and other items that the GTN is flooded with and we can get cartel coins even just 5 in exchange for a crattel item would be cool. Would make me buy more cartel packs knowing that the crap I get maybe after 10 crappy packs with enough crappy armour cashed in I may get enough to get a new cartel pack. Lol I think bioware this would help make you more cash in the long run.

I like the Sarlacc idea especially if we can fed it junk and other items and depending what you feed you get a chance for an item or just NATs so you always get something. I think being able to recycle the arms guards and gloves and other items that the GTN is flooded with and we can get cartel coins even just 5 in exchange for a crattel item would be cool. Would make me buy more cartel packs knowing that the crap I get maybe after 10 crappy packs with enough crappy armour cashed in I may get enough to get a new cartel pack. Lol I think bioware this would help make you more cash in the long run.

Yes, it could definitely help reduce the influx of certain armor that doesn't sell on the GTN by possibly feeding it to the Sarlacc trash can. There could be some cartel reward in the form of coins, or alternatively some other unique loot.

I like this as a cartel item and a way to recycle junk cartel items for cartel coins even if say it works out as say 24 crates worth of crap nets you a free pack worth of cartel coins. I think it would be a nice reward and thank you from bioware for us buying cartel packs.

Because of the customers everyone working in this game has a job.

Edited by Vanisher

• 2 weeks later...
I like this as a cartel item and a way to recycle junk cartel items for cartel coins even if say it works out as say 24 crates worth of crap nets you a free pack worth of cartel coins. I think it would be a nice reward and thank you from bioware for us buying cartel packs.

Because of the customers everyone working in this game has a job.

It could definitely provide with some more incentive and reward for buying additional cartel packs.

I think it would be a really cool idea, especially if after you fed it enough garbage, it would spit out something quasi-useful.

Although, the way things have gone recently, it would probably spit out something really awesome, then a sect of players would take to the forums complaining that it's hurting the economy, we get a "working as intended" yellow post, then the nerf bat, and then mass hysteria.

On second thought ...