Underpoweredtech

Kooziejr

That isn't what people are talking about when they say that, count the numbers: in a sustained period of time ap cycles most of its dmg in 1 minute on average. You take 1 minute of time on pryo the output is about the same maybe a little lower, how and when they do dmg is different, that's all. l2parse. So no pyro isn't "underpowered" you get greater survivability so you can hit the numbers of ap on a flat curve over vise versa all things equal. Ap will spike higher but fall flat every 24 secs (if I made a chart it would literally look like a zig-zag) evening completely out at around 96 seconds. The only question is survivablity good enough for 96 seconds and we won't know that until they fix the bugs and bolster.

Like I said, nothing to do with this phantom 1 minute random number that you invented. Thank you for clarifying. Parsing for noobs - L2PVP

Edited by Kooziejr

I enjoy playing pyro but it dies in comparison to ap for me. You are getting exactly or slightly more dps than in ap. Additionally bugged kolto overload makes me mad. Also with this amount of sorcs with stun bubble "gawd... pre 2.0 again? xD) you cannot do anything. I tried to race dps with hatred sin. I've done 2k dps where he made almost 3k. PFT is sh*t atm too... There's too many root/slow breakers and 15% less dmg from it also makes it kinda weak. The best is that tank's firestorm makes more dmg than stacked pft hahaha and it's casted 2x faster. I'm not saying that this tree is useless or underpowered but definitely it's not ok in comparison to other dot/aoe specs (excluding maras - guys i feel sorry for you).

On average I 've made more dmg in regs with ST with dps gear than Pyro. When there is support, the dmg is almost as AP. With bad teams is not possible to stand on its own like AP with most attacks >15m.

Edited by Aetideus

On average I 've made more dmg in regs with ST with dps gear than Pyro. When there is support, the dmg is almost as AP. With bad teams is not possible to stand on its own like AP with most attacks >15m.

I can confirm getting more damage from tank spec in dps gear than pyro at times, which should never happen. I am an aggressive tank, however.

Pyro is underpowered due to its kolto being bugged and flamethrower not being as effective as intended. It's a decent pve spec, sure, but that is irrelevant in THE PVP FORUM. Also, not having stun resistance or aoe resistance is a huge hinderance as those things are more beneficial to the spec that must remain still and whose "big attack" [flamethrower] can only truly be stopped via stun.

Edited by AxeDragoneth

I can confirm getting more damage from tank spec in dps gear than pyro at times, which should never happen. I am an aggressive tank, however.

Pyro is underpowered due to its kolto being bugged and flamethrower not being as effective as intended. It's a decent pve spec, sure, but that is irrelevant in THE PVP FORUM. Also, not having stun resistance or aoe resistance is a huge hinderance as those things are more beneficial to the spec that must remain still and whose "big attack" [flamethrower] can only truly be stopped via stun.

I don't think it needs stun reduction because low cd on Kolto will cause it to have 2 cc breakers on very low cooldowns (approximately 1 every 30-40 seconds). I think this is fair. However, I am definitely agree with the AoE dmg reduction.

Like I said, nothing to do with this phantom 1 minute random number that you invented. Thank you for clarifying. Parsing for noobs - L2PVP

1 minute is the time it takes achieve the min of 2.5k dmg throughout a average wz, it is not made up. another fact that pyro is going to do the same dps as ap is lost on you. You are going to use them in completely different situations. Learn how to pryo, only a "noob" is calling it underpowered. learn how 2 math and keep slaying undergeared people in solo regs, you're so awesome.

Edited by KrackShotz

1 minute is the time it takes achieve the min of 2.5k dmg throughout a average wz, it is not made up. another fact that pyro is going to do the same dps as ap is lost on you. You are going to use them in completely different situations. Learn how to pryo, only a "noob" is calling it underpowered. learn how 2 math and keep slaying undergeared people in solo regs, you're so awesome.

I have played pyro in ranked 4s....its underpowered son regardless of the wins. and the 1 minute thing is something you have just made up and that's why you seem to be mad.

Edited by Kooziejr

I have played pyro in ranked 4s....its underpowered son regardless of the wins. and the 1 minute thing is something you have just made up and that's why you seem to be mad.

Besides the bugs how is it underpowered when it outputs the exact same total dmg as ap? That literally makes no logical sense. Maths-r-hard i know.

Edited by KrackShotz

Besides the bugs how is it underpowered when it outputs the exact same total dmg as ap? That literally makes no logical sense. Maths-r-hard i know.

I haven't played it in ranked but some damage is easier to heal through than others and no one in ranked with half a brain is going to eat more than one tick of flamethrower.

Pyro is fluff dmg in 4s lol

And there are far better fluff specs out there that can live longer.

Pyro is a predictable fluff damage spec as it is right now, and not even one that can live very long once its shield is gone or put out enough pressure to matter. You could almost leave a Pyro alone the entire match, keeping an eye on your positioning, and be fine. The same cannot be said for AP. You need to focus AP down or you're globaled. Massive imbalance between the two dps specs in pvp. And if it isn't obvious, I'm talking about arenas.

Kooz: You're right about the stun reduction not being needed provided Automated Defenses gets fixed since it will make Automated Suit actually worth taking.

Edited by AxeDragoneth

Pyro may be underpowered in 4s, I don't know, but one thing that is pretty stupid to do is compare it's damage to AP. It's pretty much the general consensus that AP's damage/burst is too high at the moment, so it'll probably be toned down at some point.

But the main reason it doesn't make sense to compare them is that just because Pyro performs worse than AP, that doesn't mean it's underpowered. It's a bit like saying Deception is underpowered because it's worse than Hatred. That's not necessarily the case because Hatred is simply OP so of course Deception is worse than it. Deception/Pyro may be fine but they are worse than their OP counterparts. (not saying this is the case, just giving an analogy)

Whether Pyro is UP or not doesn't have anything to do with AP. It's to do with the overall balance.

I have made almost the same dmg when there was support. Due to the adrenal bug is more squishy than AP.

The game-play is different and in some cases it may perform better e.g. against stealths. The root on shockstrike and the break utility are awesome.

Edited by Aetideus

Pyro may be underpowered in 4s, I don't know, but one thing that is pretty stupid to do is compare it's damage to AP. It's pretty much the general consensus that AP's damage/burst is too high at the moment, so it'll probably be toned down at some point.

But the main reason it doesn't make sense to compare them is that just because Pyro performs worse than AP, that doesn't mean it's underpowered. It's a bit like saying Deception is underpowered because it's worse than Hatred. That's not necessarily the case because Hatred is simply OP so of course Deception is worse than it. Deception/Pyro may be fine but they are worse than their OP counterparts. (not saying this is the case, just giving an analogy)

Whether Pyro is UP or not doesn't have anything to do with AP. It's to do with the overall balance.

This is a fair point.

But when nearly every other spec was buffed, pyro/plasmatech was left behind in the dust. And I don't see BW handing out huge nerfs to bring everything else to pyro's level. Rather, I'd see them buffing pyro to bring it up to part with the other specs. Pyro/Assault does worse today than it did prior to 3.0, and even then the damage wasn't ideal though it was agreeable. So overall, I believe pyro is underpowered.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan