Is SoR a joke?

Jandi

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, really. I finish Yavin and I'm sitting at lvl58. I'm supposed to grind dailies for the last level and a half? While sitting at 1k comms with literally nothing worth using them on.

This is all you can come up with? An afternoons worth of content? Other MMO's release more content as free content patches. Hell, WoW's daily areas have more content than this.

Odd...I got my Vanguard up to 60 this weekend and I never got beyond the second part of Rishi. I did every side quest I could and killed everything I saw...did you do the same? I also had the 3 FPs to complete on my VG, so that was certainly a huge boost...but I didn't even finish Rishi to hit 60...even did Foraged Alliances Part 1 without an XP buff.

One question...were you on a stealth toon? I can't tell you the high number of stealth toons I passed (in stealth) while leveling. The amount of XP they bypassed was shocking.

Edited by TUXs

Odd...I got my Vanguard up to 60 this weekend and I never got beyond the second part of Rishi. I did every side quest I could and killed everything I saw...did you do the same? I also had the 3 FPs to complete on my VG, so that was certainly a huge boost...but I didn't even finish Rishi to hit 60...even did Foraged Alliances Part 1 without an XP buff.

As I said later in the thread, yes I had done all the Forged Alliance stuff prior. Basically I was at 55 with nothing banked, no weeklys or anything. Just headed straight to Rishi and did it all in one sitting without repeating the Rishi dailies.

Also, "killed everything" is kinda hard when there are so many people everywhere on Red Eclipse that you have to camp missions mobs as well.

Edited by Jandi

There was definitely not enough quests to level from 55-60 in the quest chain which is pretty odd. Luckily my guardian had guild xp and plenty of 25% experience boosts and legacy experience boosts so i was level 59 5/6 by the time I left Rishi. And yes it only took an afternoon lol

There was definitely not enough quests to level from 55-60 in the quest chain which is pretty odd. Luckily my guardian had guild xp and plenty of 25% experience boosts and legacy experience boosts so i was level 59 5/6 by the time I left Rishi. And yes it only took an afternoon lol

I had full rested, guild and whatever legacy gave. Didn't use xp boosts though, wasn't aware you had to -.-

Well... I just did another set of dailies the next day and I was 60.

The point >>*<<

You missed it. But according to these clowns, you're a terrible player as well LOL

Edited by Jandi

Did you do all the bonus quests? Not arguing with you, just curious.

Yes, on launch day I did every single quest. I am also in a +10% guild. On my first toon, during all of the back and forth I generally avoided killing mobs that were NOT specifically part of the quest, because that's typically not the best way to gain leveling xp in this game (finishing quests is).

As of now, I have 9 level 60 characters. 2 of which did not get to 60 prior to finishing Yavin. My first one, and a subsequent one that both had completely finished the forged alliances quest line. Knowing about the xp issues, on the second one, I used xp boosts, and generally killed any gold mob I encountered (and the champions on Rishi), literally every time I crossed their path. I consider all of that extraneous mob killing to be "grinding" but it's necessary nonetheless.

The Champions on Rishi, are particularly good xp, for the effort, but not everyone (or every class/companion) combo can kill them efficiently (say, without using heroic moment).

I'll state my viewpoint differently: If you add up the xp you get for completing the quests, along with the kill xp those quests require, it is not enough to get from 55-60. If you don't have rest xp and +10% guild xp, the gap is even worse. It's really that simple.

1) Bioware appears to have made this a long-term decision -- while some characters who've done everything and already hit 55 prior to SoR release might have to do some extra legwork to hit 60, there's so much extra XP out there at higher levels that any character that finishes class story and a decent amount of side content on the planets, runs Makeb, runs the Oricon storyline, etc, and then does the Forged Alliances sequence solo or in groups, THEN starts the actual SoR content, is going to have trouble NOT hitting 60 BEFORE they get to Yavin 4.

2) I am going to go out on a limb and guess that OP wasn't running any dailies before hand and so wasn't in the habit. Even one day of Oricon and CZ dailies generates a significant amount of XP. It's not like one more day of dailies is a massive game-breaking burden.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

1) Bioware appears to have made this a long-term decision -- while some characters who've done everything and already hit 55 prior to SoR release might have to do some extra legwork to hit 60, there's so much extra XP out there at higher levels that any character that finishes class story, runs Makeb, runs the Oricon storyline, etc, and then does the Forged Alliances sequence solo or in groups, THEN starts the actual SoR content, is going to have trouble NOT hitting 60 BEFORE they get to Yavin 4.

2) I am going to go out on a limb and guess that OP wasn't running any dailies before hand and so wasn't in the habit. Even one day of Oricon and CZ dailies generates a significant amount of XP.

I am aware of this, and that is not the point.

The point is that I *shouldn't* have to. It's not about ragequitting or antyhing, but I shouldn't HAVE TO.

E: Also worth mentioning, is that I have 11 chars at 55, leveling and killing stuff is NOT the issue here, it's that a PAID expansion is so light on content that you need to *grind* (whatever you choose to) to hit the new cap tjat is appalling.

Edited by Jandi

Personally, I don't understand the rush.

I've only run the SoR content on one character, because I hear that the opening cutscene interaction is broken for most Imprerial classes. I'm waiting patiently for an announce on whether it's going to be fixed or not.

So, I have multiple other characters approaching 60 without touching SoR, and it doesn't bother me a bit -- nothing wrong with being over-leveled a bit, and I still need the credits for other things.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

I had full rested, guild and whatever legacy gave. Didn't use xp boosts though, wasn't aware you had to -.-

You shouldn't have to. (not saying I didn't ... because I did use the XP boosts)

Obviously, there is something afoot... yours was not the first post. Not sure what the common denominator was/is.

Unfortunately, you will have to do FPs and dailies (although I recommend Yavin as opposed to Rishi) to get you the rest of the way.

I do agree that the amount of content didn't seem (to me) to really be worth it for the expansion cost.

No, really. I finish Yavin and I'm sitting at lvl58. I'm supposed to grind dailies for the last level and a half? While sitting at 1k comms with literally nothing worth using them on.

This is all you can come up with? An afternoons worth of content? Other MMO's release more content as free content patches. Hell, WoW's daily areas have more content than this.

Started Makeb at 52.5 ... started the Forged-A at 57...

I am aware of this, and that is not the point.

The point is that I *shouldn't* have to. It's not about ragequitting or antyhing, but I shouldn't HAVE TO.

I understand what you're running into, but I believe that the xp gains were tuned to include the Forged Alliances storyline.

Remember, anyone that ran those flashpoints pre-3.0 were capped at level 55 and did not gain any xp.

After 3.0 dropped, any future players that level a toon and ran FA at 55 would gain enough xp to allow them to hit 60 by the time they finish SoR, without running any dailies or additional content, or xp boosts.

Edited by Khevar

Yeah, there are many issues with SoR but being left with 1/2 or 1/4 of the xp bar to 60 is the last of them if none at all.

Yeah. Maybe in the next expanion they'll just raise the level cap and tell you to go grind Yavin, that would be SO awesome!

In the past 1.5 hours you've complained about the lack of ability to get to 60, you could have gotten to 60.

Dailies

Pvp

FP

TFP

Yes this expansion is piss poor in its size, but there is absolutely no way anyone should have any problem getting to 60 with the available content.

You shouldn't have to. (not saying I didn't ... because I did use the XP boosts)

Obviously, there is something afoot... yours was not the first post. Not sure what the common denominator was/is.

Unfortunately, you will have to do FPs and dailies (although I recommend Yavin as opposed to Rishi) to get you the rest of the way.

I do agree that the amount of content didn't seem (to me) to really be worth it for the expansion cost.

And, again, I don't have a problem actuall doing that.

I have a problem with paying money for an expansion this light on content that you have to do old content OR repeat new content just to even reach max level. What's worse is all those comms are WASTED because I'm sitting at 1k and there is literally nothing worth using them on prior to 60, and you can't buy lvl60 stuff till you hit 60.

And, again, I don't have a problem actuall doing that.

I have a problem with paying money for an expansion this light on content that you have to do old content OR repeat new content just to even reach max level. What's worse is all those comms are WASTED because I'm sitting at 1k and there is literally nothing worth using them on prior to 60, and you can't buy lvl60 stuff till you hit 60.

Buy mods for your other characters with those commendations.

It sounds like you're conflating too things here -- amount of XP available, and amount of content. While more content might have given more XP, it would probably be far more productive to comment on the lack of content, instead of griping about something as inconsequential as the XP amount.

Question (has some mild spoilage) -- when given the choice between bringing the coalition together, or not, which did you choose? I wonder if the quest sequence for bringing the coalition together provides more quests than the alternative... has anyone done both?

Edited by Max_Killjoy

To the OP, I'm thinking you skipped some content somewhere. I have run through two characters so far since 3.0 released and I had no problem getting to 60 with story content. Hit 50, do Mekab, Black Hole, Section X, and CZ-198, and this will got you to 55. If it doesn't you hit Oricron. At 55, do the Alliance story line and you hit 60 easy. Between the droid operations, Rishi, and yavin 4 I burned through levels before I burned through content.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.