How to save world pvp ?

Lampwrecker

You can not save something that does not exist, you know... :csw_yoda:

haha so true : )

But let me jump in with my evergreen suggestion: we need risk vs reward aka some kind of player loot and reward system till open world pvp.

All the open world themepark schemes what we have out there (in other games) are fails. Like zerging wihout risk and reward. And all the open world pvp schemes what has some kind of loot system are shine and alive.

I do know that I'm sounding like an absolute madman sho shoiuld be carefully gua5rded back into his chamber with white walls and lots of doctors being located in the same building ...

... but to me the only way to save OWPvP is - to eliminate ganking. And steamrolling, too.

Because in my opinion, people who fear being ganked are not showing up there, and people who fear to be steamrolled won't show up there, either.

Which leaved OWPvP to be in the hands of a few hardcore PvP players who come every now and then to these forums and whine about OWPvP not existing, or at least being on life support or something like that.

But, since people LOVE to exploit EVERY possibility to get dominance over otherrs, OWPvP will remain the same.

This is my personal opinion.

For which I'll be attacked.

All the open world themepark schemes what we have out there (in other games) are fails. Like zerging wihout risk and reward. And all the open world pvp schemes what has some kind of loot system are shine and alive.

This has to do with the type of games being made and their target audience. Most games that have a harsher WPvP system are likely designed with a hardcore PvP target audience in mind. Hence, those systems shine and are successful in those games.

Whereas with games with less harsh WPvP systems (or none like in this game lol), are likely targeted at a less hardcore PvP audience. Hence, those systems do not shine in the eyes of the hardcore PvPers and it is left to die (sound familiar?).

I like the idea of a pvp planet. Maybe they can throw in a small story line about a planet that the republic and sith are fighting over. Have PVE style quests as dailies but have some that are pvp quests like kill 10 opposing faction as well. As you complete quests you get warzone comms and maybe a new open world pvp comm for unique rewards. Maybe a small pve or pvp buff for anyone in game on the side that has control of that planet.

Maybe also have a vendor even that sells say a stim just a little better than what the crafted ones do that are bound once picked up and you can only own 1 at a time. So you can't stock up on them and if your faction doesn't own the planet you can't buy a new one. Maybe it just gives an extra 20 to the star above and beyond what the normal buff does. This may kill the stim market so maybe better yet have it be an adrenal that lasts 20 mins rather than the 10 or 30 secs a standard adrenal lasts lol. Or a supplementary buff so a buff that works with stims and adrenals so it doesn't take away from either market say a special stim that can work with other stims and adrenals that say gives a small boost similar to the buff you get from nightmare pilgrim even.

I like the idea of a pvp planet. Maybe they can throw in a small story line about a planet that the republic and sith are fighting over. Have PVE style quests as dailies but have some that are pvp quests like kill 10 opposing faction as well. As you complete quests you get warzone comms and maybe a new open world pvp comm for unique rewards. Maybe a small pve or pvp buff for anyone in game on the side that has control of that planet.

Maybe also have a vendor even that sells say a stim just a little better than what the crafted ones do that are bound once picked up and you can only own 1 at a time. So you can't stock up on them and if your faction doesn't own the planet you can't buy a new one. Maybe it just gives an extra 20 to the star above and beyond what the normal buff does. This may kill the stim market so maybe better yet have it be an adrenal that lasts 20 mins rather than the 10 or 30 secs a standard adrenal lasts lol. Or a supplementary buff so a buff that works with stims and adrenals so it doesn't take away from either market say a special stim that can work with other stims and adrenals that say gives a small boost similar to the buff you get from nightmare pilgrim even.

This was pretty much Ilum, and it didn't work for this game.

Last time I did massive owpvp I literally had 1 FPS

If they want this game to be great and have more players and have a long run they need to fix things like this and make the game fun. If the game is not fun people wont play it forget about paying to play it. I switched from another game more might if they make it more fun. I am trying to help.

What a joke, get over it.

OWpvp does not exist. Nor will it ever as a long term mechanic in this game.

Nothing developers do will promote it over warzones. The carrot of comms and gear make it far better than owpvp. OWPVP is a community driven system. The best games for it had people playing for pride and utilizing complex social tools to do so. In a game that puts no emphasis on socializing, guild loyalty and e-pride you will never see more than gimmicky play dates on a random shared planet.