Can i solo the old Flashpoint at level 60?

Redlotusx

I asked a guildmate if the "The Battle of Ilum" and "The False Emperor" where soloable at level 60 and he said yes. Then afterward i asked him about "Kaon Under Siege" and "The Lost Island" and he said he didn't know, so that why i am here asking around. I know it sound stupid since they are the last normal flashpoint you see in the game before the tactical flashpoint, but i gotta know if they are soloable at level 60. Edited by Redlotusx

You could solo all the 50 SM FP and below at 55 in good gear, I did it many times. You could solo the easy 50 HM at 55 in good gear, I did it many times.

So yes you can solo those FP at 60. You resist pretty much everything. I solo both of them this week with as a DPS spec mando and DPS comp. My gear is full 186 and my comp is 192 MH and OH and 168 green quest gear.

Edited by Warrgames

Are you sure some people i have been asking in general chat said you needed 2 player for Lost Island.

I solo Lost Island SM today on my mando. Yes I am sure.

I'm sure you could solo HM at 60. As I said: You resist pretty much everything.

Edited by Warrgames

I tried HM Lost Island the other day on my Jug. tank with Quinn and did fine until the last boss. I got perma-stunned by the burning rakghouls. Any strategies around that?

DPS spec with a healing comp is the best way to handle that. The faster you get him down the few flamer running around. The last boss in LI was a DPS check boss. The longer he is alive the harder he gets.

Force push and AoE stun helps

Edited by Warrgames

Are you sure some people i have been asking in general chat said you needed 2 player for Lost Island.

at 55 it was pretty hard to solo, for some classes impossible, especially the last boss.

Edited by Citruzz

The only tricky part is the third boss; you have to guess where he'll jump while clicking the panels. Alternately, use a ranged DPS comp on that fight and just let them kill him up there.

I asked a guildmate if the "The Battle of Ilum" and "The False Emperor" where soloable at level 60 and he said yes. Then afterward i asked him about "Kaon Under Siege" and "The Lost Island" and he said he didn't know, so that why i am here asking around. I know it sound stupid since they are the last normal flashpoint you see in the game before the tactical flashpoint, but i gotta know if they are soloable at level 60.

I was at 55 so dont see why you couldnt at 60

The only tricky part is the third boss; you have to guess where he'll jump while clicking the panels. Alternately, use a ranged DPS comp on that fight and just let them kill him up there.

If you move fast enough, you can channel the one he is on before he jumps.

I tried LI HM few days ago with my best geared Shadow.

First try: get knocked off platform :o

Second try: hit enrage and survive with 10% HP left

Enrage at Sav-Rak and bonus, maybe I should quit playing because apparently I'm really bad at this game.

Only real problems I'm having is the last boss. I can survive long enough to kill the other champion and get him down to ~30%. Tharan survives at the beginning but dies instantly when adds spawn.

Edited by Halinalle

Soloed HM Lost Island as Concealment Operative with Ensign Temple. Here are few tips:

1) In general, even if you "resist almost everything", it's still wise to respect the mechanics - don't stand in energy and lava at droid boss, keep moving in appropriate phases at bonus boss etc. Particularly important is move out of bad stuff at Lorrick and hug Sav-Rak when he smashes - bad RNG is bad.

2) At Sav-Rak, the first pipe jumps become guessing game because he switches pipes faster than the channel (9 seconds) can finish. That means, you should always start channeling a pipe the boss is NOT on. Later he seems to stay longer on a pipe, so you can go and channel the one he's on.

3) At Lorrick, I set my companion on passive for the first part of the fight to ensure she doesn't die in the circles. As soon as we enter phase 2 ("We are evolution perfected!") I "activate" her again and together we burn Lorrick through phase 2 & 3 without issues.

it's still wise to respect the mechanics - don't stand in energy and lava at droid boss

I didn't know those should be avoided. I only dropped to something like 50% once and my healer companion isn't even geared properly (unoptimized 172s + level 53-54 earpiece/implants).

Best part: as "worst tank class" aka Shadow

:cool:

Edited by Halinalle

Does anyone know if Colicoid Wargame can be solo'ed yet? I was under the impression it was still impossible or very very hard.

EDITED

Edited by Xemak
Worded incorrectly: just woke up

I didn't know those should be avoided.

"Wise", not necessarily "mandatory"; it depends on your gear, class and companion (as I wrote, I did a 2x DPS run). I also noted that it's more important by Sav-Rak and Lorrick than by the first boss.

I did them both today, didn't even know they were in the game until late last year (doesn't appear in any finder queues that I'm aware of, isn't in the fleet joined instance section), tried at 55 and struggled with the big mega HP boss around the middle of the first flashpoint, but now at 60 in the rishi 55 blues cakewalked through it.

It was surprisingly good, quality wise it really outshines the new content imo, and most planetary locations they've done. For me it was actually the best part of the expansion so far, getting to see that content. The story was interesting, and would have made a great intro to the Revan story, revisiting elements from KotOR to slowly discover what shadowy figure is behind and manipulating all these things, before it all makes obvious sense (still, forged alliances as it stands is pretty good, it's just everything after which I found a bit anti-climatic and poorly done visually).

edit: An important part of the first one is to have a dps companion who you can manually tell to target the mobs that stunlock you. Drop a dot on them before they reach you if possible too.

Edited by Nerfington

Does anyone know if Colicoid Wargame can be solo'ed yet? I was under the impression it was still impossible or very very hard.

You can solo up until the point where you need 3 or 4 people to do the gate puzzle. Basically just the gun part. Easiest is to run out, mount a gun and run back to spawn area to group up the adds and aoe them. It's a timed encounter, so the more time it takes for the adds to get to you, the less mobs you actually have to down. Repeat for the second set of guns.

You can't just dps him when Sav-Rak is on the pillars, he's immune to damage until you burn him. The hard part is burning him since he moves. If you are at 60 though and he enrages, you should be able to survive quite a bit of time to burn him down though.

I solo'd 3 of the 50 HM FP yesterday to finish up the speeder quest and get it out of my mission log. Kaon was fairly simple with the Behemoth Rakghoul being the toughest fight until I took him to a barrel. Also, the mandatory encounters were a pain and I would be stunned, but thankfully, HK (geared out in 186 crafted) was a beast. For the most part, I never hit below 80% health as a DPS Guardian.

I tried solo-ing HM False Emperor at 59 - it was a breeze until Malgus, who knocked me off a ledge when he was about 5% health. Of course, it wouldn't have come to that if not for the fact that I was a healer with a tank companion. Eventually some guildies showed up and we took out the bonus boss and Malgus.

You can't just dps him when Sav-Rak is on the pillars, he's immune to damage until you burn him. The hard part is burning him since he moves. If you are at 60 though and he enrages, you should be able to survive quite a bit of time to burn him down though.

Actually I noticed when I did this with a 60 DPS sorceror that I was still doing damage to him while he stood up top, just about maybe 20% of normal. After that I simply kept shooting as he went through his tower cycles and just burned him down.

I'm sure this would not be an option with a melee character of course. But you could simply wait till he finishes his 3 tower jump cycle and hops back down.

Edited by Taramayne