Petition to restore Undying Rage / Guarded by the Force

Chicato

Good day fellow Marauder & Sentinel users!

This thread is/was created not to complain about which class is more overpowered than another, or to say the Marauder/Sentinel is currently worse off than any other class in the game, because in reality.. it's not. It was derived more so to suggest a way with the opinions of others to help improve the flow of the Marauder/Sentinel class possibly by restoring UR/GbtF to its old way (Cutting health by 50% immediately when the ability is used, rather than after the 4 seconds of 99% damage reduction expires).

With this class being my main since launch, I've never seen an ability (on any class, really) fall so far from arguably best in the game, to a basic hard death wish defensive that only really has it's time to shine in the occasional 1v1.

Fact of the matter is: Unless a player can manage to stack the Undying Rage / Guarded by the Force ability with their Intimidating Shout / Awe / Force Camouflage OR time their medpac (disregarding stuns) at JUST the right second of expiration the odds of a Marauder/Sentinel surviving the post cool down UR/GbtF are slim to none. Which, in my opinion.. is not how a hard defensive like Undying Rage / Guarded by the Force is supposed to work (that is, having to stack it with your other softer defensive cool downs to actually see its functionality).

Keep in mind this change to the cool down / class was applied to help lessen the insurmountable waves of damage back when the term "Smash Monkey" was a common term of endearment.

Hope you enjoyed the read & look forward to your thoughts.

Good luck on the battlefield!

(Cutting health by 50% immediately when the ability is used, rather than after the 4 seconds of 99% damage reduction expires)

Edit: Never mind, that change was prior to me starting my Marauder as my second "main" character.

Edited by Alssaran

As much as I think it would be fine considering the way that enraged defense and force barrier currently work, the dev's have repeatedly disagreed with that thought and I do not think any amount of forum posting is going to change that. The best we can hope for is some kind of complete rework of the ability.

My biggest concern is that petitions are just useless and that we don't have anything to make devs listen to us or change things by working with us to make it faster.

We are customers and have no weight in the decisions ? Kinda weird, because we are paying for a service.

Edited by DarkNecroCrusher

My biggest concern is that petitions are just useless and that we don't have anything to make devs listen to us or change things by working with us to make it faster.

We are customers and have no weight in the decisions ? Kinda weird, because we are paying for a service.

Exactly my thoughts.

So because you think devs wont listen you wont sign the petition, thus perpetuating less of a reason for devs to read and listen because less signed the petition. Just sign it if you agree.

/SIGN (caps intended)

There is already a big petition for a whole rework or buff of the sent/mara.

18 pages, no dev, no answer, no consideration.

My opinion about the sense of UR.

What it is right now:

It's duration is 4-6 seconds and in its current state you will get killed afterwards. In most cases you are stunned or otherwise incapitated and furthermore the ability delay lag will make it almost impossible to take your heal pot the right time after you lost 50% of your health. And after all UR is on a 2 min CD and the pot on 3 so in fact, the best use of UR is every 3 min, what makes UR in fact a 3 min DCD.

What it should be:

1. In this duration you are immune against every CC and get a +XX damage buff. You will probably still die at the end but probably take someone with you. After all 4-6 seconds are just 2-3 GCDs, it's not like you are going to do so much in 2-3 GCDs

Or 2. Immunity against CC (that's really a must), lose health immediately and get a XX% damage done self heal in this 2-3 GCDs. Where XX should be around 100 because of similar abilities other classes = force leech which can be used frequently and UR is on a 2 min CD and takes your health away. In most cases you won't do more than 15k damage in 3 GCDs so it's in fact like the heal of a pot.

another suggestion: while having 30 fury you automatically are immune to movement impairing things. That would mean you can stay on target but will do less damage because you can't hit berserk ...

I don't know any other class which is in more need of a movement skill than a marauder. Every other melee class has such a thing and even ranged. Assassin got root break immunity on a 15 sec force speed, total immunity 12 sec deception on a 2 min CD, force cloak with purge, phase walk, purge on force shroud. I would say they have kinda total immunity.

Operative have evasion purge, cloaking screen purge, root break on countermeasures mostly on rather low CDs and of course they can break and roll out or stealth.

Juggernaut has endure pain .....

PT has HO and 2 stun breaks...

Sniper got roll and root break and immunity out of cover....

Merc got HO

Sorc got force speed break and immunity,....

Marauder got .... Nothing