Petition to get rid of credit sink with moving armor mods

stevmed

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its 420k to put augments in 10 pieces. that is just the install cost

Augments SHOULD be the most expensive to handle. Why? Because they are intended for top tier equipment adds to eek out that extra top end stats and performance. Usable and available to level capped players....those with the most resources at their disposal. Such content should NEVER be free in an MMO.

TL;DR diminishing returns and min/maxing should always be expensive, never free.

Edited by Andryah

The cost to remove mods from armor should be ZERO for subscribers.

As a subscriber, I say absolutely not. Just because we are subscribers, does not mean we should get everything for free. And to the individuals that seem to think they should be reimbursed because of the "time" it takes to farm mats, that is just crazy. This is a MMO, by definition it is all a time sink.

Augments SHOULD be the most expensive to handle. Why? Because they are intended for top tier equipment adds to eek out that extra top end stats and performance. Usable and available to level capped players....those with the most resources at their disposal. Such content should NEVER be free in an MMO.

TL;DR diminishing returns and min/maxing should always be expensive, never free.

and that is not at all true...mk-1 augments are calling you delusional. there was never any intention for them to be used by level capped individuals.

Edited by ivanhedgehog

adding an augment kit is 42k of credit sink per item. the money paid to the station does not go to a player. they could just add a 2% tax to any character with over 5 million once a month...would work fine.

customizing characters builds attachment to that character. that builds attachment to the game. genericharacters dont help to keep people playing and definately dont build cartel coin sales. the current system works against the population and profits of the game.

Isn't there enough taxes IRL:eek:

and that is not at all true...mk-1 augments are calling you delusional. there was never any intention for them to be used by level capped individuals.

MK-1 (really, all sub-cap level) augments are a complete waste of time and you know it.

But let's accept your statement as fact... MK-1 augments are not expensive to make/install/replace, except for low level players with no credits (which are simply not going to apply them anyway).

Suck it up... you pay a premium to put those high level augments into your high level gear so that you can squeeze out every ounce of stats and performance for end game. There is a price for min/maxing.. and there should be.

Edited by Andryah

May i make another observation is that this credit sink from removing mods is murder to the F2P and Prefered players who can only have 200k and 350k and those players buy a lot of cartel market items. This amount of credits discourages them from doing new armor sets and looks because of the credit limitations those players have.

MK-1 (really, all sub-cap level) augments are a complete waste of time and you know it.

But let's accept your statement as fact... MK-1 augments are not expensive to make/install/replace, except for low level players with no credits (which are simply not going to apply them anyway).

Suck it up... you pay a premium to put those high level augments into your high level gear so that you can squeeze out every ounce of stats and performance for end game. There is a price for min/maxing.. and there should be.

there is NO difference between the intent of mk 1 augments and mk 10. they both have the same job, just to different degrees. you are not on the design team,you have no idea what the intent of augments was. using augments is NOT min/maxing, balancing stats is. augments can be used to help min/max but anyone can use them.

May i make another observation is that this credit sink from removing mods is murder to the F2P and Prefered players who can only have 200k and 350k and those players buy a lot of cartel market items. This amount of credits discourages them from doing new armor sets and looks because of the credit limitations those players have.

Agreed, but they have access to credit escrows.. so I do not feel sorry for them. They can sub if they want to, nobody stops them.

there is NO difference between the intent of mk 1 augments and mk 10. they both have the same job, just to different degrees. you are not on the design team,you have no idea what the intent of augments was. using augments is NOT min/maxing, balancing stats is. augments can be used to help min/max but anyone can use them.

Your digging in of heels here is hilarious. Design team intent is not relevant to the discussion. There are many design intentions in this game that are completely silly now days (no matter how good they looked on paper). But ....sure.. go ahead.. put all those low level augment kits on your armor as you level up. :rolleyes: And, don't forget to complain about it while you do it.. that surely makes it sweeter for you.

The cost to pull augments is fine, even though it is expensive. Don't like it, don't do it. Simple as that.

Honestly.. anyone complaining about the cost to pull mods or augments simply does not know how to play the game then. Why? Because credits are the easiest resource in the game to acquire. Free training forever = a free 1M credit+ subsidy for your other needs/wants in the game.

Edited by Andryah

Petitions don't work well around here.

Also, MMOs need credit sinks to control inflation. On my slicer, I'll create 1mil new credits in about an hour and a half, doing slicing missions and riding in circles on yavin, collecting slicing boxes.

Without credit sinks, GTN costs would skyrocket and make it all but impossible for any new players or non-level capped players to buy anything off the GTN.

Ok yes credit sinks are needed but here is the question how often do you guys actually move around you mods because of the prices? I know for myself I practically never move mods I just wear the sets you buy with comms. So for myself the price makes me not want to use it so the credit sink does not exist and i'm not taking credits out of the economy because it costs too much.

How many other players are like myself? If you are not realistically how many times do you move mods maybe one or two armor pieces a week which is nothing in the grand scheme as a credit sink. That is about 72k a week gone.

Ok yes credit sinks are needed but here is the question how often do you guys actually move around you mods because of the prices? I know for myself I practically never move mods I just wear the sets you buy with comms. So for myself the price makes me not want to use it so the credit sink does not exist and i'm not taking credits out of the economy because it costs too much.

How many other players are like myself? If you are not realistically how many times do you move mods maybe one or two armor pieces a week which is nothing in the grand scheme as a credit sink. That is about 72k a week gone.

That's certainly an interesting way of looking at it. I, on the other hand, can get pretty ADD with my sets across 11 toons. There are only a few I've stuck with from 1-60. I'd be interested to see the metrics on this.

Well, like I said, I expect most folks would welcome a reduction in mod extraction costs, just like most likely welcomed the removal of training costs, despite their protestations to the contrary.

However, the concerns of inflation are real IMO....remove too many credit sinks and it will likely cause a credit glut that will inflate prices. They are already inflated at present in my eyes based on the easy flow of credits in this game (for most anyway, especially after the 12XP event).

I support a reduction or removal of cost for subs only, but I don't feel it is necessary. And, I have said it before, I STRONGLY support the return of the Cartel gambling event as a regular game feature....IMO it was a fantastic credit sink. At least on my server it appeared to have a real impact on prices on the GTN (observationally speaking, which is hardly conclusive), and that is saying something.

I think it was a great credit sink that players were more than happy to participate in, and needs to return and become a permanent part of the game.

The best way to deal with mod extraction costs for the folks that are likely most effected (those that experiment with appearance) is to add a paperdoll appearance feature to the game, allowing a player to set his or her appearance apart from equipped armor.

Then frequent mod removal would not be necessary.

Edited by LordArtemis

Petitions don't work well around here.

Also, MMOs need credit sinks to control inflation. On my slicer, I'll create 1mil new credits in about an hour and a half, doing slicing missions and riding in circles on yavin, collecting slicing boxes.

Without credit sinks, GTN costs would skyrocket and make it all but impossible for any new players or non-level capped players to buy anything off the GTN.

if this is a needed credit sink, it doesnt work. people just dont change their look once set up..credit sink becomes inactive.

players loose connection to their characters and drift off to other more responsive games..we all lose.

Edited by ivanhedgehog

The part that gets me, not sure if it has been stated or not but.. If I have MK9 kit installed in an armor piece and want to upgrade it to a MK10 it costs 42,000 crds. If I put a Mk10 in an armor piece that has not kit at all it costs 42,000. Why is upgrading same as putting one in fresh, just seems odd to me.

if this is a needed credit sink, it doesnt work. people just dont change their look once set up..credit sink becomes inactive.

players loose connection to their characters and drift off to other more responsive games..we all lose.

Maybe if you only use crafted armorings/hilts/barrels/mods/enhancements.

How do you plan to remove 198 pieces without paying so you could then put them in to armor pieces that your character uses. I'd say it works as intended.

Um, if we had an appearance tab system, this thread wouldn't exist...

If we had it then players would just cry about something else. You do realize that this credit sink must exist?

Edited by Halinalle

If we had it then players would just cry about something else. You do realize that this credit sink must exist?

Slippery-slope arguments are for preschoolers, I suggest you head there now and you may win an argument.

And you do realize there are an infinite amount of ways for a game to sink credits, so no, it does not need to exist.

Slippery-slope arguments are for preschoolers, I suggest you head there now and you may win an argument.

And you do realize there are an infinite amount of ways for a game to sink credits, so no, it does not need to exist.

They have to limit amount of credits injected to economy, especially from endgame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

Edited by Halinalle

They have to limit amount of credits injected to economy, especially from endgame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

That is true but tell me on a weekly or biweekly amount how much do you spend into moving mods as i said earlier maybe two to three pieces a week with new tiers of gear? That's about 72k to 100k that is nothing in grand scheme. People want total new looks of gear and would like the option to change frequently which this current system does not allow.

Another thing is mod moving is only very large when new gear tiers come out. When a month or sp passes noone will be moving mods and will have optimised their gear especially with the ravengers hack to easy end game gear. During this very long period no one moves mods and it is not a credit sink just a hinderance to people who want to make their characters look cool.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.