Who will be the next SWTOR sith Emperor?

ilifus

So i think we all do agree that the crazed Emperor will fall soon and when he does, there must be a new one..

1. My first guess is Darth Malgus, he is not dead for sure, he is a survivor. Also there must be a reason that he is main face in all the game trailers, plus we love him. Think both reps and imps forces will weaken the crazed Emperor, but he will be to powerful after all and just before he kill them plus all existing life, Darth Malgus will come from nowhere, stronger than ever, finishing the crazed Emperor and this time rightfully earning to become the new one. The drama can be full if Grand Master Shan is there thought..

2. My second guess is Darth Marr. Well the guy is already calling the shots anyway. He is strong, respected, he has a lot of experience, he survive all the wars, famous among the imps and he is verry wise. He is the Emperor we imps deserve, but i don't see how the Empire will fall under his command, so that is why he is my second guess. Never the less he may deliver the final blow, killing the crazed Emperor and taking his rightful place as the new one.

Edit: 3. My last guess is Darth Jadus. He is perfect for the job. He was second in power to only the Emperor himself. His fate remains undisclosed, but he is alive and planing something for sure. I found him verry cool thought..

Those are my thoughts. What's yours?

Edited by ilifus

Wish Jedi Knight could've become the Emperor as Scourge proposed. Would be epic. :cool:

I doubt Malgus is alive though. Marr have said that he doesn't want the throne. If they coninue with storylines Darth Nox should try to become one, but for obvious reasons he will fail.

Maybe some Dark Council member( Ravage, Mortis ) will turn out to be immensly powerful and will seize the throne, but I doubt it. They are not that epic.

Perhaps there will not be Emperor at all. They are building a new Empire after all( from Marr's words ).

Maybe, they will feature charcaters from Kotor 2. Nihilus or Traya( especially if she is the entity from Warrior's storyline ) could make a new usurping villain.

Nox is in the best position, and not through her own means.

Marr wants a strong empire, but is dying. He feels his life Essence slowly fading and knows he will die soon, he just wishes for a strong empire under a single leader. His death will create a power vacuum, a huge one, and he knows it.

But he has been grooming Nox to take over. His fleet has been under their joint command, along with hers, for some time now. Unless her ghosts are expunged she cannot die, and she takes a very frontline approach in imperial affairs, strengthening the whole at every turn.

She's the perfect leader if she can build a power base, but she won't be able to do it in time so he's basically been doing it for her through making Beniko the leader of intelligence, having the Wrath be her ally, and basically making his sphere of military strategy loyal to her almost as strongly as they're loyal to him.

Marr is a strategic genius, when it comes to power plays.

Marr wants a strong empire, but is dying. He feels his life Essence slowly fading and knows he will die soon, he just wishes for a strong empire under a single leader. His death will create a power vacuum, a huge one, and he knows it.

But he has been grooming Nox to take over. His fleet has been under their joint command, along with hers, for some time now. Unless her ghosts are expunged she cannot die, and she takes a very frontline approach in imperial affairs, strengthening the whole at every turn.

She's the perfect leader if she can build a power base, but she won't be able to do it in time so he's basically been doing it for her through making Beniko the leader of intelligence, having the Wrath be her ally, and basically making his sphere of military strategy loyal to her almost as strongly as they're loyal to him.

This, it's almost obvious that Nox will at the very least be the new de facto leader of the Empire and Marr clearly sees Nox as the best choice.

My sorc and my jugg are allies?

I mean, obviously they're allies, but I've not seen any interaction or them really having knowledge of each other in game. At least, not through the Inquisitor endgame stories.

Edited by October

I don't think Nox will be Emperor, cause after all you play with him. :)

It will be stupid thought..

Also if there is no Emperor - there is no Empire!

Not necessarily.

For much of the Sith Empire's existence it has been lead in the Emperor's absence. He doesn't care about the day to day politics of the Empire, which is why he set up the Dark Council.

I feel as if appointed Darth Nox as Emperor wouldn't work from a game mechanics point of view... I mean the Sith Emperor running around performing random quests for NPCs? As if being a DC member wasn't jarring enough.

However from an in-lore perspective Nox is surely to inexperienced, and too lacking in support, to lead an Empire. My thoughts are that the position of Emperor will be abolished or at least allowed to fade into obscurity...

Edited by Beniboybling

There is a great flaw in that theory.... that is assuming NOX is darksided, or chose to retain the ghosts at the end of inquisitor class story...

My assassin alowed the ghosts to go free for instance....

Honestly any sith in the dark council is a candidate... i would say even the empires wrath is a candidate... a serious one actualy... it is all a matter of perspective.

From techincal terms, no player character will become emperor that is for certain. At least until SWTOR is up and running. given that there will be a continuity to Old republic stuff, and assuming that this particular one matter at all... i cant see us know for sure until then.

Edited by Spartanik

There is a great flaw in that theory.... that is assuming NOX is darksided, or chose to retain the ghosts at the end of inquisitor class story...

My assassin alowed the ghosts to go free for instance....

Honestly any sith in the dark council is a candidate... i would say even the empires wrath is a candidate... a serious one... it is all a matter of perspective.

Light side Imperius is just as right for the job, she might not be invincible but she's forged many more alliances and accumulated a larger power base to make up for it.

Light side Imperius is just as right for the job, she might not be invincible but she's forged many more alliances and accumulated a larger power base to make up for it.

Sure, just like most of the dark council members she/he is no diferent in that aspect.... and let us not forget wrath.

There is more to Marr's genius people don't realize. He makes the Emperor's Wrath the Empire's Wrath. Making him the number one general and executioner of the empire. Even with a new Emperor he essentially has in his own right/way just as much "Freedom" and "Power." this is brilliant on his part because of Sith's natural tendency for in-fighting. How do you prevent the Wrath for challenging the new Emperor in order to reach the top? Simple. Give him essentially just as much power as the new Emperor making the idea of challenging the new one less interesting.

This creates a stable empire as a whole.

Not necessarily.

For much of the Sith Empire's existence it has been lead in the Emperor's absence. He doesn't care about the day to day politics of the Empire, which is why he set up the Dark Council.

I don't agree cause Empire = dictatorship and the dictator is the Emperor. He may not care about day to day politics but he knows everything cause the dark council is working for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Just one thing...an Empire doesn't need an Emperor. The Athenian Empire did not have one and the Roman Empire was an Empire before Julius Caesar took control. In these two cases Empires grew under the auspices of an elected governement (even though such electors were limited by sex and class).

Marr wants an Empire under a strong single leader but it would not be outside the realm of possibility that it would end up as an oligarchy, if even just temporarily.