Marauder to Mercenary

Darthmalzar

I am a seasoned WoW PvP vet who got to 2k S1 on my hunter and deserve much credit PvP wise on my DK (Malzar - Blackhand US) so if anything I am an above average PvPer.

Now lets get one thing straight, I hate PvE. I only want to PvP. The story in this game is AMAZING but still monotonous questing keeps me away from it.

So I went marauder because I thought it would be the most powerful melee DPS class. I was very right in my judgement. They really do dish out the DPS in single target. However, I did not anticipate the fact that they might as well be wearing toilet paper for armor because a draft from an open window will kill you in a few seconds. The class plays more like a rogue with no back doors and terrible CC. Not my thing really.

"Hur durr QQ MOAR you a noob you didnt get to 50 hurr durr"

Don't care. I want to have fun leveling in PvP so I switched to Mercenary. FIRST WARZONE WITH MERCENARY: Top Damage, Top Medals, Least Deaths and a whole lot more fun than I had in all my games as a mara put together (I even got 3 MVP votes). I don't really care much for what else anyone will say about it leveling a marauder in PvP is about the hardest and most boring thing ive done in an MMO.

is that some sort of problem in this game? I believe melee in WoW was OP as hell.... others would say different. Classes are supposed to be balanced, clearly they arent. I know this is a game thats just starting.

What I merely ment to say was: Mercenary is more fun in my opinion

2k Rating in WoW was nothing. Now pls dont tell me it was in 2v2 brackets? Then you really dont have any right to say that u r a good pvpler.

"Most powerful melee class" proves that you seem to think of classes > skill.

And pls people stop comparing ToR classes to wow classes. There are similarities in some abilities but the classes themselves are completely different.

Are you going to tell us when you go to the toilet as well?

What drives people to continue to post in a forum for a class they apparently hate?

Oh, I know, a sense of self esteem so low that trying to get a single person on the internet to empathize with them is the highlight of their day. :p

I knew there would be one of you trying to bait me.... and its going to work.

First off 2k rating Season 1 was a big deal. And I played Hunter/Lock/Druid I worked hard at it no matter what you may think of skill.

Second if you read my post I never said I was "good." I am above average and very well versed in PvP

Lastly powerful was meant in terms of damage output as was clear by context.

es tee eff u.

2k Rating in WoW was nothing. Now pls dont tell me it was in 2v2 brackets? Then you really dont have any right to say that u r a good pvpler.

"Most powerful melee class" proves that you seem to think of classes > skill.

And pls people stop comparing ToR classes to wow classes. There are similarities in some abilities but the classes themselves are completely different.

Actually hunters back in vanilla/season 1 required skill to be good at so please, before you bang out "ZOMG WOOOWWAAAH"

Know the facts before you speak.

you like merc more? thats fine

you dont want to pvp level with a marauder? thats fine

but dont act like they are a sub par class, because they definitely arent, our survivability is fine, our damage is fine, if this wasnt the case there is no way i could consistently end up top damage and one of the fewest deaths in damn near every single warzone i play ... i cant play against a full group of baddies every single game, it just doesnt happen

and yes, we are a rogue w/o stealth or CC ... so play it like a rouge w/o stealth or CC and not like a DK, youll do much better that way

Oh yeah - we are like rogues: we carry 2 blades, do ****tons of dmg, stunlock every...wait, WHAT?

STOP COMPARING TOR CLASSES TO WOW CLASSES Z****

stop nerd raging over comparisons

there is nothing wrong with comparing 2 similar things

or do you rage at consumer reviews when they compare fords to chevys? brawny to bounty? solo to dixie? dominoes to pizza hut?

"Hur durr QQ MOAR you a noob"

Also i don't know what you are talking about that wow pvp stuff that should automaticaly grant you respect or something. I always thought wow was a noob kids game :D

Sorry i'm pretty sure a lot of people played this game even if I didn't but wow when you see the majority of the people that brag about that or that achievement and how stupid and full of themselves they look , i don't think very highly of wow vets :)

tell me you are a daoc pvp veteran and the story's gonna be different .

So I went marauder because I thought it would be the most powerful melee DPS class. I was very right in my judgement. They really do dish out the DPS in single target. However, I did not anticipate the fact that they might as well be wearing toilet paper for armor because a draft from an open window will kill you in a few seconds. The class plays more like a rogue with no back doors and terrible CC. Not my thing really.

I think that comparison is spot on. Take a Combat Rogue from WoW, remove stealth, CC and powerful CDs, add shadowstep and wuala, you got Marauder.

Edited by Sznur

"Hur durr QQ MOAR you a noob"

i don't think very highly of wow vets :)

tell me you are a daoc pvp veteran and the story's gonna be different .

If this game wasn't WoW with Star Wars paint your thoughts would matter more, its not the same exact thing but my experience with and understanding of WoW PvP mechanics really helps a lot more than you would ever realize if you did not play it yourself. And also this is just as much serious a PvP game as WoW so why would I need better of "your" Credentials

ANYWAYS

So far in my trek with the Mercenary I have dominated in the areas I care to; Mobility, Damage, Kills, and overall effectiveness. I am doing much better with this class from my experience with the Marauder. I realize its a low level thing but as I said before im leveling via PvP. I am having a lot more fun so I win.

Side Note: Mercenary might be OP as hell I will admit. I am just peeling peoples faces off in Warzones.

Lol try sniper.

Anyway, maurauder pvp is weak sauce.

---------------------------

Every class can outdo maurauder in every area if played right.

Its not so much as skill as it is the way its set up. You have a class with no stealth and weak defense made to rush in their and do crap damage.

If maurauders could successfully and without extreme effort, 1v1 a person. The class would be alright. But as is, everyone knows that once a dual saber punk comes up all you have to do is cc him and you automatically win because he can do NOTHING about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

PVE maurauders is ok. But pv you might as well re-roll another class.(any class).

ya my lvl 13 powertech gets top dps, kills, whatever without trying, same with my lvl 13 merc, but my 25 marauder cannot do that easily. Now that is fine that marauder isnt easymode BUT, when a dps/heal class and a dps/tank class can out dps, kill, ( insert whatever you come up with here) better than a full dps class then something is wrong. I wouldnt reply if all three were equal. BW seriously made some classes way to overpowered for how easy it is to play the class and rotate their skills. Its almost a joke how much damage BH's do with the CC's and heavy armor given to them.

I knew there would be one of you trying to bait me.... and its going to work.

First off 2k rating Season 1 was a big deal. And I played Hunter/Lock/Druid I worked hard at it no matter what you may think of skill.

Second if you read my post I never said I was "good." I am above average and very well versed in PvP

Lastly powerful was meant in terms of damage output as was clear by context.

es tee eff u.

I don't know why people think that "i r soopur WoW peeveepee playor" means something in a game that's now WoW.

I don't know why people think that "i r soopur WoW peeveepee playor" means something in a game that's now WoW.

You clearly have not played WoW PvP and TOR PvP. It is disgustingly similar in many ways. The tactics, the jukes, the positioning and the way you set up your targets. Maybe its just the way it works in every MMO but ive played WoW PvP heavily and I find myself right at home.

TOR = WoW with Star Wars paint and a splash of BioWare.