Guardian PvP

PremianJ

Well there isn't much to work with here. I guess you're asking which skill tree is best for PVP. The answer to that question is any discipline. I have played all 3 disciplines and frankly I have had excellent experiences with all 3. The best all around discipline is vigilance. It has the easiest rotation and I have managed to maintain the highest level of DPS with that skill tree. On the other hand the focus Guardian does the most burst. Being able to hit someone for over 20k damage in 2 hits is solid any way you cut it. Now the defense Guardian is an amazing PvP tank. I would recommend it whether you're using FPS gear or tank gear. Just make sure that you have a shield if you're doing DPS gear. Anyway. I hope this helps.

What type of Jedi Guardian does best in PvP?

The Jedi Guardian that does best is the one that sits in a meditative stance in the starting area.

Jedi should be beyond violence. Ignore the Imperials in the warzone and contemplate life, the Force, and tranquility itself.

It's better that way.

;)

Well there isn't much to work with here. I guess you're asking which skill tree is best for PVP. The answer to that question is any discipline. I have played all 3 disciplines and frankly I have had excellent experiences with all 3. The best all around discipline is vigilance. It has the easiest rotation and I have managed to maintain the highest level of DPS with that skill tree. On the other hand the focus Guardian does the most burst. Being able to hit someone for over 20k damage in 2 hits is solid any way you cut it. Now the defense Guardian is an amazing PvP tank. I would recommend it whether you're using FPS gear or tank gear. Just make sure that you have a shield if you're doing DPS gear. Anyway. I hope this helps.

Only Vigilance and Defense are good PvP trees. Yes, you can be a good Focus, but not as good Defense or Vigilance.

Only Vigilance and Defense are good PvP trees. Yes, you can be a good Focus, but not as good Defense or Vigilance.

Unless you are doing ranked... In which case vigilance gets kited for days, and focus/rage globals things lol. Just too many roots/slows to be kited easily on a focus guardian, whereas vigilance has half as many and one less jump (which can be used while rooted!). All the retaliation procs are beautiful against many defensive cooldowns as well. The only issue is you will never be able to hit the same numbers as a same geared/skilled vigilance guardian except in arenas where you will normally destroy their damage. You will however probably get a ton more solo kills and death blows in 8s due to the much higher burst potential.

Vigilance it's more sustained overall and has dot spread (which is pointless fluff in ranked, but oddly useful in 8s). It's worse at switching targets with the lack of ranged attacks, that 10m jump, and the longer cooldowns, but that's not too big of a deal in 8s, compared to hard switches in ranked (vigilance in a pressure comp is pointless with how tiny your dots are, so you are most likely switching). Vigilance is all about sustained single target damage, and it does it amazingly well, but guard switches just shut them down and make them waste time switching since they don't have abilities that support fast switches. Vigilance also has a much higher reliance on RNG, which can sometimes be annoying, but less so in regs.

In other words, both honestly work, but are better for completely different things. I prefer vigilance for 8s and focus/rage for 4s.

I love playing guardian pvp, great defensive with decent damage.

As a tank you are a bit of god to healers being able to friendly leap, aoe slow, 2 hard stuns, aoe mez, self healing, couple of decent hits for damage.

Vigilance is sustainable damage with a 4 sec immunity to everything after leap which in pvp is a god send but burst isn't amazing but tick damage being aoe to everyone does bring in good overall damage.

Focus is the burst spec, you can jump in and hit people like a battering ram, you don't get the immunity but you have another short leap within 10meters that can be used on anyone (even people in cover) and breaks roots so its not too bad. Also gather strength goes off more when in focus so that extra 25% hit comes more often and I have used my little leap then hit people for 12-15k after the leap has hit for 5-9k so in a couple of seconds you can shock a healer.

I love playing guardian pvp, great defensive with decent damage.

As a tank you are a bit of god to healers being able to friendly leap, aoe slow, 2 hard stuns, aoe mez, self healing, couple of decent hits for damage.

Vigilance is sustainable damage with a 4 sec immunity to everything after leap which in pvp is a god send but burst isn't amazing but tick damage being aoe to everyone does bring in good overall damage.

Focus is the burst spec, you can jump in and hit people like a battering ram, you don't get the immunity but you have another short leap within 10meters that can be used on anyone (even people in cover) and breaks roots so its not too bad. Also gather strength goes off more when in focus so that extra 25% hit comes more often and I have used my little leap then hit people for 12-15k after the leap has hit for 5-9k so in a couple of seconds you can shock a healer.

But pooled hatred/gather strength gives you 5% per movement impairment. And is consumed by a rage spending skill. How do you get exactly the skill off that you want, with all stacks. Slows/roots happen frequently, but so do your rage spending attacks.

I see, 3 shockwaved raging bursts and smashes don't consume rage. Nor does force scream after a leap and the leap itself. But obliterate consumes rage and I think you would want the buff on furious strike. You would delay furious strike if you are going to wait for 5 stacks.

Isn't it more that it's consumed by 2 stacks than 5? Or is there any trick?

But pooled hatred/gather strength gives you 5% per movement impairment. And is consumed by a rage spending skill. How do you get exactly the skill off that you want, with all stacks. Slows/roots happen frequently, but so do your rage spending attacks.

I see, 3 shockwaved raging bursts and smashes don't consume rage. Nor does force scream after a leap and the leap itself. But obliterate consumes rage and I think you would want the buff on furious strike. You would delay furious strike if you are going to wait for 5 stacks.

Isn't it more that it's consumed by 2 stacks than 5? Or is there any trick?

To be fair, if you wait to be slowed 5 times for all stacks to build up you will be kited to death, I very rarely get all 5, I normally get a hit with 2-3. I did wait and build it up then got a 15.5k hit but it isn't worth waiting because it is only 15 sec proc so just use it if it fits in with the rotation, still get 12k-13k hit, focus is stomping people at the moment =]

Edited by Zadtro

Another post asking where the win button is. Well, you're in luck, the class is OP so just derp with it like most everyone else and you are fine.

Wat?

There's 18 dps disciplines. Hatred Sin, Madness and Lightning Sorcs, and...um...middle-tree PT (forgetting the name) are currently considered better than either dps Juggernaut discipline. If Rage and Vengeance are 5th and 6th, that leaves Juggernauts in a good place, but hardly derp OP.

I would not heed these words. After playing both specs, they're equally valid in PvP. But they do fill different roles. Vengeance is meant to lead the charge, bait people into wasting CC while Unstoppable, and puts up sustained damage. Rage is meant to come in after the openers, and burst people dead from 50%; it doesn't do as well as a charge leader because it has no inherent CC resistance.

There's 18 dps disciplines. Hatred Sin, Madness and Lightning Sorcs, and...um...middle-tree PT (forgetting the name) are currently considered better than either dps Juggernaut discipline. If Rage and Vengeance are 5th and 6th, that leaves Juggernauts in a good place, but hardly derp OP.

I would not heed these words. After playing both specs, they're equally valid in PvP. But they do fill different roles. Vengeance is meant to lead the charge, bait people into wasting CC while Unstoppable, and puts up sustained damage. Rage is meant to come in after the openers, and burst people dead from 50%; it doesn't do as well as a charge leader because it has no inherent CC resistance.

Couldn't say it any better myself. Choose your role but both are viable indeed =]

Tanking is defo viable for defending players and both dps discs are in a good place.

Edited by Zadtro
Typo