Just admit it already, we tried to tell you, GSF...bad idea to only...

Suromir

...be PvP. You'd get many more sales for GSF items/paints/etc if you added some PvE to it...

Admit it, we TRIED to tell you making it PvP ONLY was a BAD IDEA...too limiting in interested parties...

Let's see some PvE...maybe even HM's...OP's..etc.

course you'd have to fix the bugs first..but..yah.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GSF hate is so last season.

I think you need to learn reading comprehension if you took away "GSF hate" from my post....

I like GSF..and want more to do it...but making it PvP only already severely limited those that would be interested in it (like it or not SWTOR is a PVE focused game)

They dubbed it "Super Secrest Space Project" and spent all that time and money developing it...to have it basically flop because it failed to garner really wide-spread appeal...and a HUGE portion of why...is the PvP only focus.

But again you appear to not understand simple english comprehension if you took my post as "GSF Hate"

I think you need to learn reading comprehension if you took away "GSF hate" from my post....

I like GSF..and want more to do it...but making it PvP only already severely limited those that would be interested in it (like it or not SWTOR is a PVE focused game)

They dubbed it "Super Secrest Space Project" and spent all that time and money developing it...to have it basically flop because it failed to garner really wide-spread appeal...and a HUGE portion of why...is the PvP only focus.

But again you appear to not understand simple english comprehension if you took my post as "GSF Hate"

Unrustle your jimmies, I was only teasing.

Truth be told I agree with some of your assertions, GSF does not even vaguely resemble what people were (by and large) looking for from the long awaited Super Secret Space Project and does seem to have been left to wither on the vine somewhat.

That said I believe as a whole the project was bit a waste of time and the money would have been better spent on other things and at this point I think BW/EA feels the same, so I dont think we'll see any real changes to it unless there is a dramatic change in the development strategy for the game.

Edited by jedip_enguin

Admit it, we TRIED to tell you making it PvP ONLY was a BAD IDEA...too limiting in interested parties...

1. Who's "we". It certainly doesn't include "me". :)

2. Why is it a "bad idea". Or is that just something you pulled out of your butt?

3. How do you know it's "too limiting", except in your own opinion.

4. For all you know, BW gets hundreds of emails a day asking them not to change anything.

Me thinks thou hast a high opinion of thyself. :D

Edited by JediQuaker

Yup, GSF was doomed, who wants to play a PvP game where:

1) You have no chance to "learn your class aka ship" except while being farmed by experienced players

2) There is no progression, so that all players, brand new and vet play together

It's just lame, it is obvious they either had no clue or simply don't care about the quality of their product.

1) You have no chance to "learn your class aka ship" except while being farmed by experienced players

2) There is no progression, so that all players, brand new and vet play together

It's just lame, it is obvious they either had no clue or simply don't care about the quality of their product.

You don't have fun flying in getting 1 shot over and over? Sound like a blast to me!

There's no real way to learn it without PvE. Jumping in and getting destroyed by PvP vets doesn't do anything to improve your flying or targeting skills. This is something I played once when it came out and am very unlikely to bother with again.

1) in any PvP atmosphere it is like that, so don't blame it on GSF. in ground PvP it's the same.

2) there is progression for new players. it's called upgrades (tho the problem is the new players don't know what they should be upgrading) This can be easily fixed if they ask in the servers GSF channels.

GSF is a good idea, and done well, the problem is people want everything handed to them, and walk in the door expecting to instantly be good at it, when in reality it takes a lot of matches to become good. Experience has a price in time and getting farmed. you'll get better after a few matches, and start seeing more and more improvement the more you play it.

1) in any PvP atmosphere it is like that, so don't blame it on GSF. in ground PvP it's the same.

2) there is progression for new players. it's called upgrades (tho the problem is the new players don't know what they should be upgrading) This can be easily fixed if they ask in the servers GSF channels.

GSF is a good idea, and done well, the problem is people want everything handed to them, and walk in the door expecting to instantly be good at it, when in reality it takes a lot of matches to become good. Experience has a price in time and getting farmed. you'll get better after a few matches, and start seeing more and more improvement the more you play it.

It's people like you that keep spouting this nonsense to put a stop on good ideas to make gsf appeal to more users. More users more money more game for you to play. Less users longer times for gsf ques to pop no updates for it. It's really that simple.

Actually though my biggest beef is that it isn't tied to legacy. Starting a new character is starting with the same crapass fighter. Tie it to legacy so that it's treated almost like a separate character whose missions can be accessed across the legacy within the bounds of the faction

There's no real way to learn it without PvE. Jumping in and getting destroyed by PvP vets doesn't do anything to improve your flying or targeting skills. This is something I played once when it came out and am very unlikely to bother with again.

Weird. So if there is no way to learn it without PVE, how did all those people become vets?

:rak_02: It is a mystery.

I wish they'd go back and redo PVE space combat -- I love the 3rd-person view, but it should never have been a rail shooter.

I completely forgot about this. It would probably solve the lack of use for both mini-games if they mixed the two. Have PvE run on the same system as GSF. Even though they'd be separate, at least you could practice the controls before entering PvP. That was the only thing I didn't like with GSF is that the tutorial is a one-time-only deal.

EDIT: I can't relate, though, to completely new players. I moved to GSF from X-Wing: Alliance, so my knowledge of Star Wars space combat is a little more broad.

Edited by BDragonSith

I completely forgot about this. It would probably solve the lack of use for both mini-games if they mixed the two. Have PvE run on the same system as GSF. Even though they'd be separate, at least you could practice the controls before entering PvP. That was the only thing I didn't like with GSF is that the tutorial is a one-time-only deal.

EDIT: I can't relate, though, to completely new players. I moved to GSF from X-Wing: Alliance, so my knowledge of Star Wars space combat is a little more broad.

Bioware should just rip off the controls and feel of Wing Commander: Prophecy if they're going first-person.

I would still prefer the third-person setup from the original SWTOR PvE space combat... GSF is very "numb" and "disconnected" feeling.

you win the thread....exactly on target

They're asking for an alternate method. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Actually, my reading comprehension is fine. Yours is below average, apparently. I responded to one post, making a slight joke and pointing out something that really should be fairly obvious - hence the joke. Your assertion is nowhere in the text that I quoted, and it is only inferred in other posts in this thread. If this was an SAT question, you would fail.

Not to mention, in this thread alone there have been at least three conflicting requests for changes to GSF so far. I suppose you want an alternate method, that's why you assumed everyone wants the same thing. But your problems are not universal.

Actually, my reading comprehension is fine. Yours is below average, apparently. I responded to one post, making a slight joke and pointing out something that really should be fairly obvious - hence the joke. Your assertion is nowhere in the text that I quoted, and it is only inferred in other posts in this thread. If this was an SAT question, you would fail.

Not to mention, in this thread alone there have been at least three conflicting requests for changes to GSF so far. I suppose you want an alternate method, that's why you assumed everyone wants the same thing. But your problems are not universal.

Oh so you're upset that I made a joke at your expense for making a joke at someone else's expense. Gotcha.

Incidentally, while I'm certain that you have SAT's that need grading, I would think it wise to consider that overtime the people who started playing GSF when it came out are now at a level way beyond the beginner. This effect would continue until the gsf itself becomes very top heavy with elites and nothing to offer in terms of elite styled content vs the beginner content. Thus, as s beginner you would have a very hard time next those who started out in a more equal setting. It seems clear that some type of scaled experience whether it be pve or a more tiers approach to PvP would be vastly beneficial towards the current state of gsf. Thereby we need alternatives to the current learning curve which due to the nature of the set up of gsf is not friendly to newcomes and becomes even more so over time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.