vengeance pvp stats

Raansu

So right now I have acc at 95%, crit at 20% and crit multiplier at 73% with a bonus damage of 1054 and force bonus damage of 1568.

Question is should I stay at 95% acc or lower it and get some more power or crit?

You'll want to stick to accuracy. Anyone telling you otherwise is disgregarding the factors that come into play.

-Taunts can miss. Do you use them? Then this matters. You dont? Start to.

- You will get the same amount of damage done, some hits would've been higher - but "all" abilities will be hits (as in, you can reliably call out that you'll hit 100% anything else other than inquisitors/consulars - I should not have to tell you how important this is for PvP)

People saying go full surge are the people competing for biggest hit at the end of the warzone. They can never and wont ever be as effective as a competent DPS that gears 4% accuracy (1% from companion bonus)

You'll want to stick to accuracy. Anyone telling you otherwise is disgregarding the factors that come into play.

-Taunts can miss. Do you use them? Then this matters. You dont? Start to.

- You will get the same amount of damage done, some hits would've been higher - but "all" abilities will be hits (as in, you can reliably call out that you'll hit 100% anything else other than inquisitors/consulars - I should not have to tell you how important this is for PvP)

People saying go full surge are the people competing for biggest hit at the end of the warzone. They can never and wont ever be as effective as a competent DPS that gears 4% accuracy (1% from companion bonus)

This is excellent advice from an intelligent person. My stats are 95% accuracy, which is sufficient for PvP I have a 24% crit rating (29% w/ Smuggler Buff) 73% Surge (Anything over 70% is fine) and then I throw the rest into power (which ends up being quite a lot!) In a long warzone it's not difficult to do over 1 million damage. You just have to make sure that you mind your rotation. Make sure you use Vigilant Thrust/Vengeful Slam at every possible opportunity when a target is burning. It spreads your burns and I've seen it crit for 8k in an AOE. It's a top notch ability. Use it always.

On the subject of Augments I recommend Strength. Strength not only increases your damage but it also increases your critical hit chance. The difference in power may make you get in bigger individual hits but the difference in crit can mean more damage in the long run.

Edited by Marqhill
Typo

This is excellent advice from an intelligent person. My stats are 95% accuracy, which is sufficient for PvP I have a 24% crit rating (29% w/ Smuggler Buff) 73% Surge (Anything over 10% is fine) and then I throw the rest into power (which ends up being quite a lot!) In a long warzone it's not difficult to do over 1 million damage. You just have to make sure that you mind your rotation. Make sure you use Vigilant Thrust/Vengeful Slam at every possible opportunity when a target is burning. It spreads your burns and I've seen it crit for 8k in an AOE. It's a top notch ability. Use it always.

On the subject of Augments I recommend Strength. Strength not only increases your damage but it also increases your critical hit chance. The difference in power may make you get in bigger individual hits but the difference in crit can mean more damage in the long run.

First off, I am curious to know if any of you have ever reached tier 1 in ranked PVP, which I doubt. Second, you don't want to run strength augments. You will get enough crit from your gear, and although strength increases crit by a small amount, crit runs into heavy diminishing returns, so essentially you will be getting less crit from your strength augments then intended. And with the "taunts missing," I still come out of almost every solo ranked match with at least 20k protection, which is more than enough. But if you are just playing the game for fun and doing regular warzones, then it really doesn't matter what you run.

Edited by ARockLobzta

First off, I am curious to know if any of you have ever reached tier 1 in ranked PVP, which I doubt. Second, you don't want to run strength augments. You will get enough crit from your gear, and although strength increases crit by a small amount, crit runs into heavy diminishing returns, so essentially you will be getting less crit from your strength augments then intended. And with the "taunts missing," I still come out of almost every solo ranked match with at least 20k protection, which is more than enough. But if you are just playing the game for fun and doing regular warzones, then it really doesn't matter what you run.

Crit rating and main stat have completely separate diminishing returns. So, running main stat augments doesn't affect crit DR at all. Secondly, crit rating DR doesn't see any heavy downturn until 300 crit rating. However, PVP stat budgets don't support going that high for Vigilance, but 150-200 crit rating is fine. I prefer a little lower for better burst chance, but 150-200 works just as well for overall numbers. Third, Vigilance relies heavily on white damage attacks. 94% accuracy is mostly fine, but I really notice misses on OHS, MS, Leap, Dispatch, etc. Plus the fact that the soft cap diminishing returns on Surge starts around 70% or so doesn't really persuade me to run low accuracy.

1. Mentioning tier 1 PvP as it matters when its dependant on:

1.1) Which faction you play.

1.2) What time of day you play.

1.3) What class you play (hello power class jug/guard)

1.4) What server you play on...

More than enough? Who decides that? Your dead teammate? You cant justify going so deep into surge on a class that exclusively relies on white damage - especially one without a strong auto-crit ability, your results aside you'd do better with accuraccy.

(Ps. If you want to do the pointless and not relevant thing of referencing to tier 1 PvP let me assure you I've had that on plenty of chars.)

+ What the above poster said (- his comment on crit, see: http://i.imgur.com/IzcyPPw.jpg )

Edited by AdamLKvist

Thanks for the input guys. I've been swapping enhancements back and forth and messing with ,ore surge and 90% acc and less surge and 95% acc. I'm definitely preferring the 95% acc and the loss of surge hasn't really impacted as much. My crits are still well over 10k. I'm running one crit enhancement to keep my crit at 20% and switched to mainstat. I had power augments but eh, my melee and force bonus damage pretty much stayed the same between the two and I'm probably going to keep the one crit enhancement. The extra 50 power and drop to 19% crit is pretty negligible imo.