Oh No!!! Another 3.0 Combat Sentinel Guide? Yep! :)

Bahadori

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afternoon all!

I wanted to let you all know, if you have not already seen, that my Analysis of the Alacrity build released earlier this month on the forums by Psy-Ops has been updated, reposted, and supersedes my prior one which I messed up a bit (Doh!) If you would like to view this post please click the following link found here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=824875 Furthermore, I've updated the guide with the following...

- Updated Stat Images for my current in game build

- Sections detailing both Alacrity and Surge item level 198 build stat numbers

- Sections detailing both Alacrity and Surge item level 198 build breakdowns (What pieces you should get to min/max)

- Parsing analysis and example for the Alacrity build

• 3 weeks later...

Hayete, have you tried replacing your Alacrity Stat with Crit to see if it makes a difference in our overall dps? I only ask because of our last point in our Discipline, Sever.

I PvP alot with Brazen taken, so fury generation is never an issue. Ive noticed I have Berserk up the majority of the time in PvP, Either the charges havent been used up, or my Fury is at full stacks waiting on me to use it. I have it tied in with my Gore/DB usage so everytime I use DB, The macro attempts to use Berserk if its up.

I was just curious if oyu had tried it, given 100% uptime on a target.

Hayete, have you tried replacing your Alacrity Stat with Crit to see if it makes a difference in our overall dps? I only ask because of our last point in our Discipline, Sever.

I PvP alot with Brazen taken, so fury generation is never an issue. Ive noticed I have Berserk up the majority of the time in PvP, Either the charges havent been used up, or my Fury is at full stacks waiting on me to use it. I have it tied in with my Gore/DB usage so everytime I use DB, The macro attempts to use Berserk if its up.

I was just curious if oyu had tried it, given 100% uptime on a target.

My old Power/Surge build (Actually is annotated on the guide) I used 2 Enhancements and 1 Mod (Rating of 321). That was just under 25% Crit (I think it was 24.81%). Is that what you're asking or a much higher Crit rating? My Alacrity rating at the moment in just over 500.Where you asking about having Crit that high?

I want to try a gear build with 14 Alacrity Augments+as much Alacrity in mods&enhancements possible, just for fun :D What I enjoy most about Combat is the speed+the ataru strikes. Zen+Supercharged Celerity+all alacrity then spamming Cyclone Slash on 8 targets should feel satisfying :) Has anyone tried it yet? Edited by jauvtus

My old Power/Surge build (Actually is annotated on the guide) I used 2 Enhancements and 1 Mod (Rating of 321). That was just under 25% Crit (I think it was 24.81%). Is that what you're asking or a much higher Crit rating? My Alacrity rating at the moment in just over 500.Where you asking about having Crit that high?

Yes about 25% is about what I might shoot for. Or is it negligable at best due to APM and Alacrity as stated in your guide?

I dont know what my APM is in this game, I ran 110-150 in Starcraft if that translates to anything here.

I want to try a gear build with 14 Alacrity Augments+as much Alacrity in mods&enhancements possible, just for fun :D What I enjoy most about Combat is the speed+the ataru strikes. Zen+Supercharged Celerity+all alacrity then spamming Cyclone Slash on 8 targets should feel satisfying :) Has anyone tried it yet?

Thats actually what i was going for initally when I went back and read the tooltips in the Discipline. In addition to the most recent Parse posted here(not by Hayete) that showed me what the average Massacre and Ataru strikes were critting for that made me think.

Crit Rating is worthless IMO. Our most powerful ability and 25%~ damage is an auto crit. Our 6 piece gives us another auto crit. At best crit rating only benefits 75% of our damage whereas power/strength/alacrity affect all of our damage. ALSO, surge rating improves at a MINIMUM 40-50% of our total damage.

Crit Rating is worthless IMO. Our most powerful ability and 25%~ damage is an auto crit. Our 6 piece gives us another auto crit. At best crit rating only benefits 75% of our damage whereas power/strength/alacrity affect all of our damage. ALSO, surge rating improves at a MINIMUM 40-50% of our total damage.

The 6 piece set bonus is a crit once every 30 seconds. Although you can only do 3 VT every 30 seconds, 4 if Berserk was popped everytime, Crit im sure may come into play on VT only every other 30 second window on average. Not a big difference however:

My question was on Crit vs Alacrity. I said nothing of changing my Surge.

It may effect at most 75% of our attacks, but look at the quantity of each said attack. That parse for example:

http://parsely.io/parser/view/54186/0

Only 20 out of 433 hits were from Devastating Blast/Clashing Blast. Everything else was from an ability that can crit(including Ataru Form strikes if Im not mistaken).

If I did the math right(im an art major, forgive me if its wrong) the amount of hits that was accredited to autocrits, was only just over 5%(I guessed that 3 of the Dispatches critted).

I thought it was just main stat that was being rolled into 1 for all classes?

Nope, all mainstats will be rolled into Mastery AND crit rating+surge rating will be unified as Critical Rating, which will increase the number and magnitude of critical hits at the same time. (This isnt datamined stuff but official)

Edited by jauvtus

Nope, all mainstats will be rolled into Mastery AND crit rating+surge rating will be unified as Critical Rating, which will increase the number and magnitude of critical hits at the same time. (This isnt datamined stuff but official)

I see, thanks for clarifying.

It's a moot point anyways since in a few months surge and crit will be rolled into a single rating.

Despite the changes, Crit can still effect 95% of those hits. If you add the damage of Blade rush and say half of the Ataru Strikes, the damage done is equal to what Clashing Blast did, but was over 1/3 of the hits done during that parse.

I also realize that if I wanted to raise my crit, I would have to raise my accuracy too. For PvP i ignored the stat since move of the information I read stated it wasnt needed due to DB/CB being a force ability. But since PvEers should already shoot for 100% Accuracy, I wanted to know if Crit vs Alacrity had ever been given a second thought.

I see, thanks for clarifying.

Despite the changes, Crit can still effect 95% of those hits. If you add the damage of Blade rush and say half of the Ataru Strikes, the damage done is equal to what Clashing Blast did, but was over 1/3 of the hits done during that parse.

I also realize that if I wanted to raise my crit, I would have to raise my accuracy too. For PvP i ignored the stat since move of the information I read stated it wasnt needed due to DB/CB being a force ability. But since PvEers should already shoot for 100% Accuracy, I wanted to know if Crit vs Alacrity had ever been given a second thought.

Dicked around with a high crit and surge build (28.9% crit 74.9% surge) and my DPS through 3 parses was about 100-150 lower than my parses with zero crit 70% surge.

Edit: Switched to 0 Crit about 69% Surge and about 6% Alacrity and parsed 4360, highest parse w/o Inspiration and Adrenals.

Edited by Kyovarde

Yes about 25% is about what I might shoot for. Or is it negligable at best due to APM and Alacrity as stated in your guide?

I dont know what my APM is in this game, I ran 110-150 in Starcraft if that translates to anything here.

Yeah there really is little difference between Crit and no Crit in my own testing and opinion. I averaged less than 50 DPS difference between the two methods of gearing. With that said if you're looking to see what your APM is you can use a parsing program such as Parsec or StarParse or upload your logs to Parsley and you'll be able to see it there.

Yeah there really is little difference between Crit and no Crit in my own testing and opinion. I averaged less than 50 DPS difference between the two methods of gearing. With that said if you're looking to see what your APM is you can use a parsing program such as Parsec or StarParse or upload your logs to Parsley and you'll be able to see it there.

Thanks!

Anyone run a Sentinel with no power/strength and just pure surge/crit/alacrity and see how that goes?

Hm, that would mean you use Consular gear to avoid strength in armorings and mods, also no might or overkill augments, right? :rak_03:

Anyone run a Sentinel with no power/strength and just pure surge/crit/alacrity and see how that goes?

Yeah i'm a bit confused on how you would accomplish this. Being that Strength is attached to Armorings and Mods what would you put in there place? You would have to put something there otherwise you would lose so much endurance you'd be to frail to run Ops. The only other stat that would be of benefit would be Willpower for your Force attacks. However you have so few Force attacks that you would be sacrificing many other abilities to gain on one or two. My opinion is that it would be to detrimental to your DPS output with Willpower and even more so on endurance if you left it all out altogether.

Hm, that would mean you use Consular gear to avoid strength in armorings and mods, also no might or overkill augments, right? :rak_03:

You use 4 pieces of Aim so you can hit with your lightsaber at long distances, 9 pieces of willpower to get yourself out of bed every morning to preapare for the focus fire you recieve from sins/sorcs, and 1 piece of Cunning since it means we go into Force Camo in a really devious way.

Yeah i'm a bit confused on how you would accomplish this. Being that Strength is attached to Armorings and Mods what would you put in there place? You would have to put something there otherwise you would lose so much endurance you'd be to frail to run Ops. The only other stat that would be of benefit would be Willpower for your Force attacks. However you have so few Force attacks that you would be sacrificing many other abilities to gain on one or two. My opinion is that it would be to detrimental to your DPS output with Willpower and even more so on endurance if you left it all out altogether.

Well obviously I meant no strength/power mods, augments, or enhancements. Of course you would have strength armorings...

Update:

Hey guys! So I've just completed transferring the guide over to a new medium (Google Doc). With the transition it was finally possible to add a table of contents to the guide. You should now be able to click on a chapter in the table of contents and directly jump to the selected chapter. Please note that it seems you have to, on occasion, click a few times for it to direct you to the selected chapter. So, if you click a chapter and it doesn't take you there give it a few more clicks and it'll take. Finally, as with any transition there may be errors or things that i did not catch myself when proofreading the guide. If you find something please bring it to my attention so I can promptly fix it. Thanks all and enjoy!