Oh No!!! Another 3.0 Combat Sentinel Guide? Yep! :)

Bahadori

Hi Hayete's tank you for help making me a better player, so since i read your guide im doing your rotatio and it was great, but today i try something diferente, before i was parsing 4.7k/4.6k.today im parsing 400/500 more..i dont know if im parsing in the right way with the dummy buffs and that stuff, i parse in fleet and my first parse 1.5m damge was 5140..still i gain 400/500 more dps, o think if u try this you will be parsing maybe 5.4/5.5k..even in ops fights i gain a 300/400 dps..Im very happy ;).im going to do more parse tonight and see where i can go..oh im in 192 full set bonus implants/ear 198 BiS and 192 mainhand, relic 192, and a couple of 198 enchantments, 198 offhand.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hayete's tank you for help making me a better player, so since i read your guide im doing your rotatio and it was great, but today i try something diferente, before i was parsing 4.7k/4.6k.today im parsing 400/500 more..i dont know if im parsing in the right way with the dummy buffs and that stuff, i parse in fleet and my first parse 1.5m damge was 5140..still i gain 400/500 more dps, o think if u try this you will be parsing maybe 5.4/5.5k..even in ops fights i gain a 300/400 dps..Im very happy ;).im going to do more parse tonight and see where i can go..oh im in 192 full set bonus implants/ear 198 BiS and 192 mainhand, relic 192, and a couple of 198 enchantments, 198 offhand.

I'm glad the guide was able to help you mate. You said you were parsing on fleet with a 1.5 mil parse? If i remember correctly you're not able to put modules on fleet dummies. Were you just doing damage up till 1.5 mil? At any rate definitely upload it if you're doing that much DPS, I would be very interested in reviewing it. With that said make sure you're not hitting a lower level dummy otherwise you'll see dramatically higher DPS. Thanks mate!

Edited by Bahadori

oohh, stickied. Nice :cool:

Yeah it's really awesome not only the feedback and recognition from the player community but the forum Admins as well, i'm pretty stoked about it. I wonder if I could persuade the forum Admins to change the name of the post to "Hayete's Combat Sentinel Guide" though :D *wink* *wink*

Hey there All!

So last night I trained my 200th Sentinel/Marauder. I wanted to remind you all if you're having trouble or looking for advice to improve your gameplay please do not hesitate to contact me with your questions. I've analyzed dozens of parses/parsing videos, sent hundreds of email communiqués, spent hundreds of hours in game with players all working to aid them in progressing their gameplay. I've seen quite a few guides out there (covering all types of classes and specs) where if you hit a wall your questions go unanswered or the author is unwilling or unavailable to lend any help. With the negativity that surrounds Sentinels/Marauders in PvE I dont want that for us. With that said I have a direct presence on Jedi Covenant (Sentinel and Marauder) and Shadowlands (Sentinel) so if you are on those servers and need direct help let me know otherwise feel free to email me (Click my name 'Hayete' in my signature) and of course i'm always willing to meet up and talk shop through TS, Vent, Mumble etc. Ok guys that's all i've got. I just wanted to pop in and let you all know i'm available if you need help. Take care and enjoy SWTOR!

Srsly well i dont where to begin but i cant pull more than 4,2-4,4 with my carnage marauder. If you can tell how i can send you mine log file and so it would help me more
You can post a link to parsely and a summary of your gear and stats would help

My file http://parsely.io/parser/view/46597

Melee

Main 1996-2324

Offhand 383-575

Bonus 1340

Acc 100,5

Crit Chance 26,41

Surge 69,10

I hope its okay

Edit: 2x 198 Implant, 1x 192 Earpiece, 2x 198 Relic, 6 Setbonus , 11x 198 Mods, 198 OH,192 MH and 192 mods leftovers

Assuming your gear mods and enhancements are not min/max'd pieces and taking your 192 MH into consideration those parsing numbers are exactly where I would expect you to be at. For your stats you can probably come down off the Crit by 1% or even 1.5% but that is just a suggestion not a necessity. As for your parse rotation everything seemed very good. From the math it looks like you're clipping Ravage which is good and you're following the rotation and priority system very well. Honestly I think you just need more optimized gear and you'll see higher numbers.

My file http://parsely.io/parser/view/46597

Melee

Main 1996-2324

Offhand 383-575

Bonus 1340

Acc 100,5

Crit Chance 26,41

Surge 69,10

I hope its okay

Edit: 2x 198 Implant, 1x 192 Earpiece, 2x 198 Relic, 6 Setbonus , 11x 198 Mods, 198 OH,192 MH and 192 mods leftovers

Your rotation actually looks fine to me. I would however drop all the crit and put it into alacrity.

After the second Ravage window delay gore for 2 gcds to get Vicious throw proc and get it in sync with the second gore window. With 6-piece you have a guaranteed crit on vicious throw so you want it to be inside gore for maximum dps

Hey there guys,

Recently a post surfaced concerning a mathematical analysis using high level engineering software to run scenarios considering optimal in game stats for all 24 Disciplines. As it relates to Combat Sentinels and Carnage Marauders the information presented is the following.

5060 DPS | 4201 (6xAug) Strength | 2164 Power | 0 Critical | 338 (4xAug) Surge | 532 (1xAug) Alacrity | 756 (3xAug) Accuracy

As shown the average high with these optimized stats is 5,060 DPS. For all those who have emailed me or caught me in game and have asked if I plan on trying this out the answer is yes. I've yet to test Alacrity out and am very interested in testing this out if anything out of sheer curiosity. Being that with my current gearing model and set up I have already exceeded these numbers (5083 DPS) so my goal is not to prove which is the right method my aim however will be to report my in game dummy and live raid analysis of this build in the coming weeks. As soon as I am able to obtain the required Enhancements i'll fully test this build and get back with you guys on my findings and results. For the full post please refer to the following link http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=821885

Assuming your gear mods and enhancements are not min/max'd pieces and taking your 192 MH into consideration those parsing numbers are exactly where I would expect you to be at. For your stats you can probably come down off the Crit by 1% or even 1.5% but that is just a suggestion not a necessity. As for your parse rotation everything seemed very good. From the math it looks like you're clipping Ravage which is good and you're following the rotation and priority system very well. Honestly I think you just need more optimized gear and you'll see higher numbers.

I am a Carnage Marauder as well and am I geared very similarly. Your numbers are pretty much where mine are as well, so I think your on target. I'm trying to optimize as well.

Your crit rating is high for a Carnage marauder, considering that generally speaking running no crit is advised (or a limited amount) my dps is slightly higher than yours (my main hand damage bonus is + 2421) but my crit chance is 20% so you can see where the additional crit you have is coming from (less damage bonus). There is nothing wrong with having some crit in my opinion. (Hell Hayete runs crit, and when it comes to Carnage he's an authority on the subject!) I think perhaps you have a bit too much, but ultimately people have different styles of play they like to emphasize. If you enjoy it and it works for you, do your thing. The differences, when you come right down to it (number's wise) are minor, 1 or 2% crit more or less isn't going to have a drastic effect on your overall dps. I've tried more crit, more surge, more alacrity, etc, and I really never noticed a big difference to my dps overall. That said, I think your numbers are fine for where you're at gear wise.

Play what you feel. As long as you're happy with it, that's what matters most. Besides, in October, when the new gear tier comes along, that's where you'll start to see some differences worth noting with your numbers. I wouldn't worry too much about it until than. Sides, I think you're doing pretty damn good as it is now =]

Carnage Mara's are the only REAL Maras after all =p

J/k

~ Grim

"The Darkside is more powerful. I don't care what Yoda says."

Hey there guys,

Recently a post surfaced concerning a mathematical analysis using high level engineering software to run scenarios considering optimal in game stats for all 24 Disciplines. As it relates to Combat Sentinels and Carnage Marauders the information presented is the following.

5060 DPS | 4201 (6xAug) Strength | 2164 Power | 0 Critical | 338 (4xAug) Surge | 532 (1xAug) Alacrity | 756 (3xAug) Accuracy

As shown the average high with these optimized stats is 5,060 DPS. For all those who have emailed me or caught me in game and have asked if I plan on trying this out the answer is yes. I've yet to test Alacrity out and am very interested in testing this out if anything out of sheer curiosity. Being that with my current gearing model and set up I have already exceeded these numbers (5083 DPS) so my goal is not to prove which is the right method my aim however will be to report my in game dummy and live raid analysis of this build in the coming weeks. As soon as I am able to obtain the required Enhancements i'll fully test this build and get back with you guys on my findings and results. For the full post please refer to the following link http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=821885

I've actually tried the stats from that thread, I was already close in alacrity but decided to lower crit. So far I've gotten 4860 with 192 MH and missing 3 mods and bracer armoring.

Yeah i literally need 38 Quick Savant Enhancements x3 and I can obtain those stats number for number so i'm just waiting for those to come my way and then i'll be able to put it to the test. Honestly though I doubt it'll be much different from the numbers i'm already pulling but we'll see :D

Yeah i literally need 38 Quick Savant Enhancements x3 and I can obtain those stats number for number so i'm just waiting for those to come my way and then i'll be able to put it to the test. Honestly though I doubt it'll be much different from the numbers i'm already pulling but we'll see :D

I've found little variation in practice. What numbers are you doing currently?

You know what Dón-quíjote I stand corrected LOL. I did this parse just before heading to the gym this morning and just had a chance to upload it. Definitely a lucky Crit parse, without a doubt, but now the highest i've pulled to date. http://parsely.io/parser/view/46798/0

Note: I'll update the guide with screenshots from this parse as well.

Edited by Bahadori

Hayete, you have so of the best crits I know of, 45% crit on MH hit of BR, 90% on last tick of MS :p:eek:

Dude if you were in my guild and saw my roles on loot you would be ten times more surprised then you are LOL RNG and me are not good friends. Like I said though in the post this was a "all the planets and stars aligned" parse, 1 in a million definitely. Highly doubt i'll ever see that again :p

Edited by Bahadori

Evening all,

Just wanted to communicate a slight update/edit that has been added to the note following the rotation image in the text guide. The following has been added (please see the text guide for proper context). This has also been added to the video guide as a note in Chapter 4.

"Additionally, as you rotate back around to line 5 you will have to swap Zealous Strike and Blade Rush (Assuming you're around 45-50 APM) to maintain the rotation indefinitely."

Evening all,

Just wanted to communicate a slight update/edit that has been added to the note following the rotation image in the text guide. The following has been added (please see the text guide for proper context). This has also been added to the video guide as a note in Chapter 4.

"Additionally, as you rotate back around to line 5 you will have to swap Zealous Strike and Blade Rush (Assuming you're around 45-50 APM) to maintain the rotation indefinitely."

Thanks for making that update. While practicing your rotation on the dummy I was confused there about the absence of VT at a certain point and what should be the next step at that point in the subsequent ongoing rotation and was wondering what I was doing wrong. It all makes much more sense now. Another thing I love about your guides is that you don't let them get stale and outdated. (Unlike some on Dulfy). Again, thank you for your efforts.

~ Grim

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx