3.0 The current state of PVP

chosonman

Im not asking for nerfs or buffs to any class, just trying to set a bar to gauge when healing/dps/tanking in this game is OP. Healers should not be able to just heal through DPS, if all your doing is healing yourself, and all Im doing is going through a dps rotation on you, you should be dead within 25 seconds.

You are asking for heals to be nerfed. You want DPS output to be hirer then Healing output. I disagree. I think if you can put out 3500 dps I should be able to put out 3500 hps. The red sentence is what is completely wrong with most pvpers. Think all I need to do is my dps rotation and you will die lol. If you want everything to be even then a single dps with put out a set number a healer should put out the same set number and a tank should be able to mitigate a certain amount of damage. it is simple math. If DPS put out enough damage to kill a healer in 25 seconds while the healer was just standing there healing then no one would want to play a healer at all and well I guess the bads would be happy lol.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 healer should lose to a dps enventually.

Damge should be greater than healing, in terms of raw output.

healers should have abilities that pevent damage, and prolong the fight. In some situations their healing and these knockbacks, stuns, mezzes, snares, and escapes can prolong a fight for a substantial duration.

At any point no one healer, should be able to indefinitly heal himself through the burst of another player, by standing still and spamming heals. Mercs should be able to if they have their cooldowns up, sorcs and operatives should have to escape, and create damage gaps to stay alive.

If your ability to escape is too strong, or your ability to power through damage is too strong, then your class is OP. Tack on meaningful tanking, and competent taunts, and healers have a distinct advantage over dps.

Competent tanks and healers are the most important part of any arena team. Finding two DPS who can work together is much easier than finding a tank/healer combo that work well together

Im not asking for nerfs or buffs to any class, just trying to set a bar to gauge when healing/dps/tanking in this game is OP. Healers should not be able to just heal through DPS, if all your doing is healing yourself, and all Im doing is going through a dps rotation on you, you should be dead within 25 seconds.

If raw damage output is greater than healing output, what reason would there be to ever bring a healer? it would always be better to bring an additional dps, no?

Of course once you introduce things like interrupts, stuns, knockbacks etc it can and should happen that healing output is lower than damage, but the proposition that raw dps should trump hps essentially gets rid of healers in pvp.