Starfighter Visual Chart for Ship Options

TalantMAJR

Hey all.

So I initially started working on this purely for myself- I like things laid out so I can compare options, visually, at-a-glance. Once I put a bit of work into it- I figured I'd share it with you guys, as I hadn't seen something similar in my short time on these forums. I know that all this data is in-game, in the starfighter menu, but I dislike clicking and scrolling through each ship when I want to, for example, check which ships have access to Barrel Roll.

If there already is something like this around, please point me in that direction, and disregard the rest of my post.

If there isn't, I would love feedback / ideas to make it better.

Thanks for taking a look~

(oh, and make sure you notice the tabs at the bottom- I've got primaries, secondaries, system, shields, engines, and the rest as different tabs.)

The Link

Edit; Big thanks to Drakkolich for giving all of the data for the new second tab! much appreciated.

Edited by TalantMAJR

That's all fine and dandy- but unless i'm missing something- that list only has five of the twelve ships currently available in-game. It lists bombers as 'coming soon', and doesn't have t3 of any ship, or the t2 gunships.

It's a fine list, to a point- but it isn't up to date.

Hence the need for a new one.

^_^

Edited by TalantMAJR

Hey all.

So I initially started working on this purely for myself- I like things laid out so I can compare options, visually, at-a-glance. Once I put a bit of work into it- I figured I'd share it with you guys, as I hadn't seen something similar in my short time on these forums. I know that all this data is in-game, in the starfighter menu, but I dislike clicking and scrolling through each ship when I want to, for example, check which ships have access to Barrel Roll.

If there already is something like this around, please point me in that direction, and disregard the rest of my post.

If there isn't, I would love feedback / ideas to make it better.

Thanks for taking a look~

(oh, and make sure you notice the tabs at the bottom- I've got primaries, secondaries, system, shields, engines, and the rest as different tabs.)

The Link

That's pretty cool it's nice representation of what each ship has, thanks for making this. :)

I was wondering what the last column "available missile break" was supposed to be though. Is it how many missile breaks you can equip at the same time? For example because a Sting/Flashfire can have Distortion Field and Barrel roll equiped it has 2 missile breaks?

If my example is correct then your numbers for this column are off on a few ships. Strike fighters only have 1, all Scouts have 2 and the Blackbolt/Novadive has 3. Bomber looks right with only the Decimus/Sledgehammer getting 1 and the Gunships look right as well.

If I missunderstood what you were trying to do with that column please let me know. :)

Why is the missile break called out? Not every build uses their maximum possible number of missile breaks. Why isn't it called "max missile breaks" or something? And as Drako said, some of the numbers are off.

Other things could be "peak damage reduction" and "peak evasion".

That's pretty cool it's nice representation of what each ship has, thanks for making this. :)

Not gonna lie- that basically made my morning. Thank you, Drakko~

I was wondering what the last column "available missile break" was supposed to be though.

No, you were right- I had a few of my numbers wrong. ...not sure how i managed that, but I blame lack of sleep due to starfighter. :p I fixed them, but I'm wondering where the third on blackbolt/novadive comes from? I'm not in-game at the moment, so I can't just go look. But looking at my chart, is it EMP Field? That's the only system ability unique to the blackbolt/novadive. An ability I've rarely used, and don't think I've ever mastered, so...that would make sense.

Still, I updated the numbers, so it should be correct now. Let me know if you notice anything else that's erroneous.

Why isn't it called "max missile breaks" or something?

I considered titling that column 'Max Missile Breaks or something' just for you. :p It is renamed to 'max' now though. ;)

Other things could be "peak damage reduction" and "peak evasion".

Should I add those? I easily could. To clarify- you mean peak available by stacking DR/evasion- not by popping a cooldown, right? Can I trust the numbers it gives me on the ship page, in game? Or should I do the math myself? Also, would 'peak shield strength' then also be something I should list? It seems like that could vary a bit more than the two you listed... Still- I'm willing to add them if you think they would be a worthy addition.

Thanks for the feedback, guys- and I'll see you in the sky~

The Blackbolt/Novadive gets its third missile break from Emp Field like you guessed, which means it can have 3 missile breaks ready all at the same time.

As for the Evasion/Damage Reduction/Shield numbers maximum it just depends how much work/information you want to put in your chart. It will be useful for some as quick reference I'm sure. I saw you had an empty last "tab" I guess is the word. You could swap missile break maximum to that "tab" and then add a bunch of useful information over there.

You could do stuff like Max missile breaks/Passive Evasion Max/Passive Damage Reduction Max/Max Evasion with cooldowns up/Max Damage Reduction with cooldowns up/Passive Shield Max .

Those are just some of the ideas I came up with quickly, I can do most of those quickly for ya as I have them memorized. If you just let me know the categories you want to do I can post the numbers.

You could do stuff like Max missile breaks/Passive Evasion Max/Passive Damage Reduction Max/Max Evasion with cooldowns up/Max Damage Reduction with cooldowns up/Passive Shield Max .

Those are just some of the ideas I came up with quickly, I can do most of those quickly for ya as I have them memorized. If you just let me know the categories you want to do I can post the numbers.

Hell's, yeah- at that point I really wouldn't be putting a ton more work in- would just be a lot of copy pasting.

Any of the ones you listed you want to throw at me, I shall put in the chart!

Doing these in the order of your chart top to bottom.

Maximum Passive Evasion: 10, 19, 19 , 33, 33, 33, 14, 14, 5, 14, 5 ,5

Maximum Evasion with cooldowns up (Not counting Evasion given by engine maneuvers): 25, 34, 34, 91, 91, 91, 29, 29, 20, 64, 20, 55

Maximum Passive Damage Reduction: 14, 34, 34, 29, 29, 29, 39, 39, 19, 34, 14, 14

Maximum Damage Reduction with cooldowns up: 74, 94, 94, 29, 29, 29, 99, 39, 79, 34, 14, 14

Maximum Passive Shield arc Totals: 2520, 2430, 2790, 1755, 1820, 1690, 2925, 2925, 2925, 2210, 2380, 2380

Alright I did that pretty fast, hopefully it's not too confusing if it is let me know I'll clear it up.

If you can for the shield ones maybe put a disclaimer that this isn't counting any of the on use abilities the shields give. For example if the Overcharged shield users activate their ability this number goes way up.

Hope that helps. :)

Hope that helps. :)

Indeed it does, thank you very much!

I put all your numbers into the chart- new tab titled 'ship info'...couldn't think of a better name, if you've got one, i'm all ears.

Thought of two more to possibly add- max hull hp and max turning rate. Do you think those are worthwhile? Not sure if you have the numbers on those, but i don't think they'd be hard to get.

Indeed it does, thank you very much!

I put all your numbers into the chart- new tab titled 'ship info'...couldn't think of a better name, if you've got one, i'm all ears.

Thought of two more to possibly add- max hull hp and max turning rate. Do you think those are worthwhile? Not sure if you have the numbers on those, but i don't think they'd be hard to get.

Max Hull: 1450, 1740, 1740, 1140, 1140, 1140, 2400, 2400, 2000, 1500, 1250, 1250

Max Turning rate (Pitch only): 1.78, 1.78, 1.68, 2, 2, 1.9, 1.32, 1.32, 1.52, 1.6, 1.6, 1.7

I was thinking an extra tab with all the base stats of the different classes would be super helpful too:

Base Hull: Strike 1450 Scout 950 Bomber 2000 Gunship 1250

Base Shield: Strike 1800 Scout 1300 Bomber 1500 Gunship 1700

Base Evasion: Strike 5% Scout 10% Bomber 0% Gunship 0%

Base Damage Reduction: Strike 5% Scout 0% Bomber 10% Gunship 5%

Base Turning(Pitch only): Strike 1.58 Scout 1.8 Bomber 1.32 Gunship 1.5

Let me know what you think. :)

Let me know what you think. :)

Done and Done. :D

I was gonna suggest putting bases...but i figured the tab would become unruly. The thought to put it in its own tab was genius. :p

So thanks for basically adding two tabs to my chart. ^_^

Can anyone think of anything else that would be helpful to include?