drop rates on purple mats

SebastiaanZ

FFS, this is absurd. Since 3.0 launched I haven't gotten ONE SINGLE PURPLE MAT from any companion mission. Either the drop rates are insanely low, or Bioware bugged this out.

Don't give me the BS that its working as intended, cause it is not.

Please increase it.

What crew skills do you have? For me slicing drop's many purples but it might just be your particular crew skill is bugged (which would not be a surprise)

FFS, this is absurd. Since 3.0 launched I haven't gotten ONE SINGLE PURPLE MAT from any companion mission. Either the drop rates are insanely low, or Bioware bugged this out.

Don't give me the BS that its working as intended, cause it is not.

Please increase it.

DUDE i feel your pain man. I have biochem and i run all my characters for diplomacy only to get blues. Mind you I probably gotten 15 purples total since 3.0. How can i craft the purple stims and adrenals i need?

Going to guess you haven't done many missions or you just have really horrible luck. I have 17 characters I run missions on probably 2-3 times a day minimum and I see a good amount of purples across the board. I get more slicing ones than anything, but that's because I have more slicing people running missions so that is expected.

The rate isn't great, don't get me wrong, and sometimes there are spells where you don't get much then I'll get 2-3 in a row between a couple character. I think it's fine how it is though based on market value and availability of resources and crafted items that use the purples - I don't think the new ones drop less than the old ones at least, if anything the Diplomacy purples I'd swear I get more of now than I got pre 3.0 top tier (which would actually make sense with the change to purple stuff not being re-usable by biochems).

Edited by CabelHarn

I've gotten plenty of purple mats. Enough to craft myself a hilt, 2 relics, and a full set of enhancements.

Are you running the right missions? I mean, you do know that the "gathering" skills (scavenging, archaeology, bioanalysis) don't have any purple mats, right?

I've done a ton of Underworld and Treasure missions, and have had exactly ONE purple grade 11 drop.

The prices on GTN seem to reflect this, with single Midlithe Crystals selling for about 75k. In comparison, single Mytag crystals start around 15k right now.

Mytag crystals have been in the game since RotHC and are no longer the top tier so of course they're way lower now than Midlithe Crystals in a tier of crafting that just came out a couple weeks ago.

I've had enough purple mats to craft my new main a full set of 186 (implants, earpiece, barrels, armorings, mods, enhancements, relics...FULL set, also augments and augment kits) and have almost completed a second set for my 2nd character I'm about to start leveling. This doesn't even count tons of stuff I've sold using purple mats the first two weeks I did nothing but craft, couldn't even begin to guess at how many things I've sold in total I know at least 6-8 purple relics, probably about the same in earpieces and implants and enhancements and barrels and boatloads of augments.

Like someone else mentioned are you running the right missions? Are you aware only bountiful and rich can even give the purple mats? There's no point in running moderate and abundant if you're only after purple mats, I only run those to help me lvl the skill then I only run bountiful and rich afterward -- mostly just rich, occasionally some bountifuls mixed in since they give less purples than rich.

Part of the problem is the mats are meant to be rare, I believe, to accommodate for people like me who eventually end up with nearly a full server of characters. I'd rather have it that way personally since it creates a good economy for buying/selling whether you sell mats or craft and sell. I only sold mats before this expansion, this time around I have been selling crafted stuff but at some point it'll be just as cost effective to sell mats and I don't think we're far off from it now, maybe another month.

Just to be sure, you are only running the Bountfiul and Rich missions, correct? The Moderate and Abundant missions never return purple mats, so you can't factor those into your droprate of purples.

Also, are your companions at max affection, and are you running missions with a companion with a +crit for that skill when possible? Both of those things improve the odds of getting a critical success, which is necessary for purple drops.

On my Knight, I have Diplomacy, and I have equipped C2-N2 with the component that gives him +2 crit to Diplomacy, and I haven't had any trouble getting purple mats to drop. I try to send C2-N2 out on a Rich mission, and then send out any other Rich or Bountifiul Diplomacy missions on my other companions. Diplomacy is probably the easiest to get purple mats, since it has two Rich and two Bountiful missions, one light and one dark of each, that all return the same type of mats. Other mission skills only have one Rich and one Bountiful for each type of mat.

On my Trooper, I have Underworld Trading. Here, it's slightly harder, since I'm only after the Metals, so there is only one Rich and one Bountiful mission. Even then, sending Tano Vikk, who has +2 crit for Underworld Trading, on the Rich mission, and someone else on the Bountiful mission, has given me a decent number of purple mats.

Just to be sure, you are only running the Bountfiul and Rich missions, correct? The Moderate and Abundant missions never return purple mats, so you can't factor those into your droprate of purples.

Also, are your companions at max affection, and are you running missions with a companion with a +crit for that skill when possible? Both of those things improve the odds of getting a critical success, which is necessary for purple drops.

Yes, yes, and yes, as much as possible. Still an abysmal rate.

Ive gotten a disproportionate amount of purples from slicing, on a toon with no comps with slicing bonuses (all 10k affection) and ZERO purple Diplomacy mats (Autoimmune regulators) from TWO comps with bonuses (Vector +5 crit and ship droid +2 crit.)

It's insane, 200 blue medical supplies and ZERO purples.

What crew skills do you have? For me slicing drop's many purples but it might just be your particular crew skill is bugged (which would not be a surprise)

***???

I use a companion with +2 crit on slicing, and send him out with rich slice tech mission, and got 0 crits, when other companions i send for lockboxes, rich, bountiful and abundant, and they have 0 crit on slicing, and yet they crit.

So, my +2 crit on slicing comp is bugged???

The Midlithe Crystals seems like the worse for me. Rest of them I've had a 99 stack of each at some point in time so far. The drop rate is pretty darn low. My ratio of "other crap" fills a ROW.

Now.. that said.. I've 22 toons with 10k Affection on each companion running Bountiful and Rich only missions. That's the only missions I'll send my characters out for.

Don't bother with lockboxes.. appears we have NO purple items in them whatsoever.

PLUS Side.. live stream last week it was mentioned the Jawa vendors will be getting the newer mats in the future. No idea when that is, but I've had a post up for a couple weeks now asking that same question. Just BUY the mat you need is my plan in the future. (Yea.. stock up on easy conquest missions to collect those)

Random is ..... well random. Like several others in this thread I have not been having the same luck as the OP. I run slicing rich and bountiful missions and get purple drops on a regular basis. I have been able to gear out 3 of my characters with augs so far with enough mats for a 4th but I haven't learned all the schematics I need. It seems my luck is tied to getting crits on gathering missions and not on REs.

***???

I use a companion with +2 crit on slicing, and send him out with rich slice tech mission, and got 0 crits, when other companions i send for lockboxes, rich, bountiful and abundant, and they have 0 crit on slicing, and yet they crit.

So, my +2 crit on slicing comp is bugged???

Don't bother with abundant. And no that does not mean its bugged because of 1 players bad luck. Now if everyone here were experiencing the same thing then it may call for some investigation but my T7 comes back with crits quite frequently.

Yes, yes, and yes, as much as possible. Still an abysmal rate.

Which is why getting their affection maxed is so important. The lower the rate is normally, the greater that +5% to crit increases your results. I have no idea what the actual rate is but lets pretend its 5%. So at that rate on average, you send out your companion out 100 times, they will return with crits 5 times. Get the affection up and that changes to 10 times (again on average over time), a 100% increase in your purple mats with the same amount of effort. If the normal rate were say 50% then you would get mats 50 times and affection would only increase that to 55, a 10% increase.

As much as I appreciate Bioware's thoroughness in making sure I have all the schematics I need by sending a 597th copy of the schematic for the Custom Built Lightsaber or a 418th copy for the Elegant Modified Lightsaber, what I really need right now is a handful of Midlithe crystals...

For me, so far, its about the same....it was far too low before, its far too low now. I have about the same amount of purples over time I had before.

Still, considering purples are needed more for crafting mods this time around, would be nice if they dropped a bit more often. But I am pretty used to the rare drop rates.

What really irritates me every once in a while is when I get 6 pieces of material on a rich mission. That's a pretty cheap payout.

PLUS Side.. live stream last week it was mentioned the Jawa vendors will be getting the newer mats in the future. No idea when that is, but I've had a post up for a couple weeks now asking that same question. Just BUY the mat you need is my plan in the future. (Yea.. stock up on easy conquest missions to collect those)

Really? Yay got lots of jawa junk just sitting around, glad I'll be able to clear out those inventory slots!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.