The Easiest way to fix Mercenary pvp

TyrellJonez

Death From above. Its our iconic ability. Like Force Choke, or Force Leap. It defines our class. Trouble is, its nearly ineffectual and Bounty Hunter PvP consists of being ganged up on because for all our strengths, we have no Deterrent. Heres the quick and easy Solution:

Death From above Now makes you immune to Melee attacks while being channeled.

Actual effect: Upon casting, It sets your range to 11m. No melee attacks,short range stuns or interrupts can reach you.

What it does: You dogpile on a merc, he casts that, Melee is now screwed and standing in his strongest AoE attack. Only lasts 3 seconds but you can BET those are 3 painful seconds.

Its not much, but its all we need to finally get out of the "ignore the healer, focus the merc" crosshairs.

interesting idea, but this alone wouldnt do it in my opinion though i do like it alot.

i think our shield needs to be on par with others, i think we need similar passive to our PT brethren...

But most of all we need some kind of escape.

Sorcs have shield and force speed, Ops have Vanish and rolls, Snipers have more knockbacks and roots and rolls, we have...... a weak shield and nothing.

our tank brothers have a leap into the fray, id like to see our jetpacks leap us out of danger as a more iconic ability somewhat like guardians intercede for example. something to give our knockback real value against classes that can just close the gap inside the first GCD

interesting idea, but this alone wouldnt do it in my opinion though i do like it alot.

i think our shield needs to be on par with others, i think we need similar passive to our PT brethren...

But most of all we need some kind of escape.

Sorcs have shield and force speed, Ops have Vanish and rolls, Snipers have more knockbacks and roots and rolls, we have...... a weak shield and nothing.

our tank brothers have a leap into the fray, id like to see our jetpacks leap us out of danger as a more iconic ability somewhat like guardians intercede for example. something to give our knockback real value against classes that can just close the gap inside the first GCD

We have been asking for a leap what? Forever now. I feel that would even help. I mean if you have 2 melee they just say "hey ill leap and then you leap when he leaps".... Ya idk lol

We have been asking for a leap what? Forever now. I feel that would even help. I mean if you have 2 melee they just say "hey ill leap and then you leap when he leaps".... Ya idk lol

We cant have everything.. i dont want to be FOTM OP... that having been said we have to learn to be smarter. dont use the knockback or leap till you force them to... use RP to root then and get distance and make them burn it or eat the damage... i isnt perfect, but its a start.

We cant have everything.. i dont want to be FOTM OP... that having been said we have to learn to be smarter. dont use the knockback or leap till you force them to... use RP to root then and get distance and make them burn it or eat the damage... i isnt perfect, but its a start.

The fact that our root is a melee move makes me *facepalm* but only way we would be considered "FOTM" would be to give us 2 abilitys useing moves we already have

1. HO now makes you immune to leap

2. Energy shield now deflects half of the damage taken by merc

its important that the merc be given an "oh crap" defensive ability, otherwise there is no reason not to focus and remain on a merc until dead. most classes have one. mercs and snipers don't. hense useless.

my best suggestion would be a utility for make kolto overrides up to 75% and last longer before falling off unused. problem solved.

The problem with giving merc leap or 11m range on Death From Above is its mirror class, Commando. None of these fit the theme of the mirror as long as they dont give jetpacks to them as well. You need a solution that can be implemented for the Commando as well.

You are correct in that and in fact, i was waiting for someone to mention it. Commandos can have this to mirror:

Impact Shield: While you fire your Mortal Volley, you deploy a shield to protect you from its concussive force, preventing melee attacks and interupts for the duration of the channel and for 2 seconds after it finishes.

Similarly, Bounty Hunters remain airborne for 2 seconds after the channel finishes. Total time immune from melee, 5 seconds.

its important that the merc be given an "oh crap" defensive ability, otherwise there is no reason not to focus and remain on a merc until dead. most classes have one. mercs and snipers don't. hense useless.

my best suggestion would be a utility for make kolto overrides up to 75% and last longer before falling off unused. problem solved.

Snipers have hunker down, Flash Bang, and can roll. Not to mention AoE knockback that roots. They have an escape route, if not an oh sh*t button. If a merc outruns ANY class, that PERSON is terrible. No merc escapes pursuit. They kill their pursuer(s) or die.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing and I couldn't agree more. Seems like every other class has SOME anti-focus ability that deters the usual gang-bang. It seems to be pretty much a standard call these days in arenas to "focus the merc down first" because it is common knowledge we can't defend focused attacks very well.

Take away the Commando's single short stun and give us an immediate vacinity AOE stun grenade instead. (1 - 2 meter distance from commando / BH only.) My experience in PVP is that most of the focus fire isn't from range. It is in your face melee from force users. Sure we can do a knock back, but they are right back on you before you can blink. In PVP this just seem like you got no chance to survive when you have more than one player against you.

A short group stun could give the chance to break out of focus get out of line of sight. So those same players will now have to switch targets.

And an immediate area AOE stun would have some interesting versatility in capturing the node style PVP matches. You could charge the node, stun the ones trying to take it. You would be as good as dead afterwards but in the few seconds it takes to kill you and atempt to retake the node, it could be the difference from winning and losing a match.

As it stands now non-force users have limited roles in warzones. None of us make for good ball handlers in Huttball and unless we are healers, we get delegated to clearing areas. Without a stealth to sneak up on a node, we aren't even very good at defending or taking a node. People see us from a mile away.

1. Reactive shields - increse absorb incomming damage to 50% or grant immune to all stuns and roots.

RS can bu used when stuned (as force barier by sage)

2. Rebild Concussive Round to instant aoe stun with 1 min cooldown (as Ave by guardian, flash grenade by scoundrel)

3. Adrenaline rush - heal up to 50% or Supercharge Cells reduce incomming damage by 10% and grant immune to interrupt

I feel like a healing boost to Kolto Overload/Adrenaline rush would certainly help. Either increasing the rate at which it heals, the amount it heals for, or the maximum percentage it can heal to.
absolutely, theres no reason juggs' enraged defense can heal them to full

Death From above. Its our iconic ability.

I think this is also the Merc forum's iconic suggestion too. I would also like to too see 'Death From Above' become a move and fire ability too, but at it's most simple, Death From Above could just be given a component like Smuggler/Agent's 3s 100% dodge. 'immunity to melee' might be too complicated for the Hero Engine. Hell, they'll probably have to remake Death From Above as a new ability (like Blazing Bolts et al) because they can't just upgrade the skill itself...

Sorcerers can bubble and sprint, Operatives can insta-stealth or flash bomb, Mercs can... no wait I'm dead again...

:sy_bountyhunter:

Edited by ViolentAngel