I miss Force Scream

Projawa

The new animation, Devastating Blast, pales in comparison. Sure, the new ability counts as force energy damage while Force Scream was kinetic damage but they should've kept the old sound, animation, maybe add a bit of flash and call it Devastating Scream.

Force Scream felt and sounded like a Sith ability. Devastating Blast is one step above wet noodle.

Edited by Projawa

Agreed. Force Scream was awesome. The new ability is lame. LAME. What they SHOULD do (but won't) is make all powers that share a CD exactly the same, and then let the player choose which ability they want to use. They destroyed Carnage, and then slapped us in the face by taking away Force Scream.

When did they take away force scream for carnage? I use it all the time on my Mara...

You get a new ability at level 57 called Devastating Blast, which completely replaces Force Scream as its equal or better in every possible way. So if you're 57+ and still doing Force Scream, you're doing it wrong from a damage point-of-view; though of course you're doing it absolutely right from a graphical PoV. :p

OMG i agree the new one is horrible. Its looks like being hit with a feather. Jug/guard new veng/vig smash looks awesome.

The only thing devastating about this move is how terrible its animation is. For something that sounds awesome and does so much damage, it is not justified.

I completely agree.

I don't necessarily mind replacement animations, but they should be as good as the launch ones.

And the replacement for Force Scream falls terribly short of that mark. I hope BW can at least improve the sound later on, or something about the animation to make it more "devastating."

It currently looks, sounds, and feels limp compared to other Warrior abilities.

The same holds true for the Sentinel counterpart.

Edited by arunav

You get a new ability at level 57 called Devastating Blast, which completely replaces Force Scream as its equal or better in every possible way. So if you're 57+ and still doing Force Scream, you're doing it wrong from a damage point-of-view; though of course you're doing it absolutely right from a graphical PoV. :p

Ah well I am only 41 so lol I don't have this new ability so I must be doing it right. Is this ability apart of the fury tree (what I run) or is it a part of the Mara base skills?

Your damage comes from your lightsabers in Carnage so it makes little sense to use Force Scream. Devastating Blast however looks like the damage comes from your lightsabers and it makes a lot more sense.

Anni: DoT

Carnage: Lightsaber

Fury: Force

Edited by Halinalle

I just think the name of it sounds awesome but it looks like you are throwing a couple of sparkly feathers. It should be an improvement of force scream since it is a replacement. The person it hits should know what just hit them, give it the animation of force scream and a 1-3 meter knock back or maybe even make it include an interrupt so it feels like a hit on the other player. Make it look and feel devastating.

Mar/Sents have been neglected in the latest patch big time, all we got was small nerfs here and there. So can we atleast look good whilst being useless in pvp.

Ah well I am only 41 so lol I don't have this new ability so I must be doing it right. Is this ability apart of the fury tree (what I run) or is it a part of the Mara base skills?

Devastating Blast is a Level 57 ability for Carnage Marauders and Fury Marauders get the Furious Strike ability at Level 57.

Edited by Horano_Heresy