192/198 Set Gear Token mix

Cybrias

Hi Tait and Eric

Now that the dev team has decided to keep the accuracy requirement high will class set gear, specifically Operative DPS and Bounty Hunter DPS, get a bit more Accuracy pieces rather than the current 4 out of 7 alacrity that currently exists?

Edited by Cybrias

To Further highlight my point I did a little analysis of BIS Gear Mix on Set pieces. Where Surge and Accuracy was available on a set piece I listed that above alacrity. The little table below shows enhancements that can be removed or swapped for instance on my Operative I need the chest/Mainhand piece 4 times to get the needed Accuracy mods in order to reach 100% as only implants have accuracy and not earpiece.

-----------------------------------O---Sn--BH--M----A----So--Mar--J

Accuracy Enhance------------2---3----2---- 2---- 2---- 2-----3----3

Alacrity Enhance--------------4--- 2----3----3----3-----2-----0----3

Surge Enhance----------------1---2----3---- 3---- 2---- 3---- 4---- 1

If you look at Marauder/Sents they have a great time of it and no issues in fact if you include implants they are BIS right of the bat. Operatives definitely has it the worst in terms of getting proper gear with Juggs a close second.

Now while I fully agree we need to work for out BIS gear why does some classes have a easier time of getting the gear needed to be optimal while others will have to grind about 4 times harder?

as a dps merc, i've bought a few elite chestpieces

I prefer to buy the gloves or boots repeatedly, providing one of them has the stat I want. A chest or legs piece is 140 Elite comms while the gloves and boots are only 120. If you have buy a piece you don't need just for the Accuracy enhancement you can save a lot of comms in the long run by avoiding the chest and legs when the stat you want is found on the gloves or boots.

I prefer to buy the gloves or boots repeatedly, providing one of them has the stat I want. A chest or legs piece is 140 Elite comms while the gloves and boots are only 120. If you have buy a piece you don't need just for the Accuracy enhancement you can save a lot of comms in the long run by avoiding the chest and legs when the stat you want is found on the gloves or boots.

Annnnnnnd this has what to do with token pieces? The gear you are talking about is the junk commendation 192 gear, of which the crafted 186 enhancements are better.

The OP was talking about set pieces which come from tokens which come from the operations, and with the insane accuracy cap, will require most players to obtain many multiples of the same item tokens simply to upgrade their enhancements and still hit the 110 accuracy mark.

And to the OP - it is doubtful they will even acknowledge the question as they already came back after lying about how accuracy would work in 3.0 with the typical 'working as intended' response.

Edited by DawnAskham