Heroic 4's That Need Redesign

Korithras

The Aurora Cannon in Section X

The Alchemy of Evil/Uprooting the Last Seed (Seeker Droid)

All The Pieces/Dark Design (Macrobinoculars pt. 1)

The Shroud's Last Stand/The Shroud Revealed (Macrobinocular pt. 2)

These are heroic 4 missions that need to be redesigned so that 4 people are not required to complete them anymore. Bioware, finding groups sucks. This is why any MMO worth a damn has the LFG system for things like dungeons, raids and pvp. Finding groups yourself is a pain in the ***, especially when it comes to open world things like these.

Nothing in the game should be above a heroic 2 basically, as nobody wants to take that much trouble for a simple mission to do 10 - 20 minutes worth of content, with the exception of world bosses. And even then I would argue against it. Grouping for content should be optional and a convenience when it comes to open world, not mandatory and a hinderance as it currently is.

Fix these so that they can be soloed by players. PLEASE. Fix these so that we don't need to put groups together for them. And don't add anything else into the game like that ever again.

Uprooting the Last Seed/Alchemy of Evil are doable in a group of 3, and Dark Design/All the Pieces are doable with 2, maybe even 1 now with the level 60 cap.

But at least with the Shroud and the Dreadseeds, the group dynamic makes these a lot of fun and enjoyable in a group of 4. However, at this point where the content is below the max level, I feel as though they should now be soloable or possible with less than 4 as it is no longer really plausible to get a group together for these.

That said though, while they were fun, I do think it is a bad idea to add a non-repeatable Heroics after an hour-long chain of solo missions and think that should be avoided in the future.

Edited by Blowwtorch

Yes, please, never, EVER, again.

The heroics at the end of the macrobinoculars and seeker droid need the four people to be completed, due to the mandatory mechanics, AND those people have to be at the same point in the questline as well, or the heroic glitches. Seriously, forcing people to group, when one wants to enjoy the content and one or more of the others in group wants you instead to rush and not waste time through cutscenes or even just looking around and try to figure out the puzzle or they'll kick you is not fun at all.

I agree 100% with you! I stopped playing just after they introduced the Legacy System and came back 2 months before Revan Expo. Now I'm going back to finish rep grinds as I'm already finished the 2 new ones (Have rep tokens for days) and I hit a snag.

Section X is dead!!! It goes without saying that when I go there there isn't a single person to be found. Heroic 4: Longshots needs to be fixed so that I don't need multiple characters to get my rep tokens. If you have to reduce the number of basic comms the weekly gives from 30 to nothing, I'd be fine with that. You can even nerf the credits it gives too!

I just want my rep!!!

Uprooting the Last Seed/Alchemy of Evil are doable in a group of 3, and Dark Design/All the Pieces are doable with 2, maybe even 1 now with the level 60 cap.

But at least with the Shroud and the Dreadseeds, the group dynamic makes these a lot of fun and enjoyable in a group of 4. However, at this point where the content is below the max level, I feel as though they should now be soloable or possible with less than 4 as it is no longer really plausible to get a group together for these.

That said though, while they were fun, I do think it is a bad idea to add a non-repeatable Heroics after an hour-long chain of solo missions and think that should be avoided in the future.

Alchemy of Evil and All the Pieces are soloable now, if you're in 186 gear at 60. But there is no way through The Shroud's Last Stand or Aurora Cannon without 4, which is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

Aurora Cannon is fine. Missing out on one daily isn't exactly the end of the world, and quite frankly the game has catered enough to solo players in an MMO.

The Macro and Seeker missions... they don't require 4 people do they? I know they were tuned for 4 people when they were released, but with the level cap increase and such I would imagine the difficulty requires fewer.

Aurora Cannon is fine. Missing out on one daily isn't exactly the end of the world, and quite frankly the game has catered enough to solo players in an MMO.

The Macro and Seeker missions... they don't require 4 people do they? I know they were tuned for 4 people when they were released, but with the level cap increase and such I would imagine the difficulty requires fewer.

The last Macrobinoculars mission has a mechanic that requires four players to advance inside the instance.

The Section X [Heroic 4] prevents you from getting the weekly done unless you can find 3 other people willing to do it, which most likely won't happen. I don't know that it is possible to max out your rep for the week without the 7 blue tokens and 1 purple token that you would lose out on each week. You would need multiple characters to get your rep for the week if they left it as is.

The Section X [Heroic 4] prevents you from getting the weekly done unless you can find 3 other people willing to do it, which most likely won't happen. I don't know that it is possible to max out your rep for the week without the 7 blue tokens and 1 purple token that you would lose out on each week. You would need multiple characters to get your rep for the week if they left it as is.

Yes it is possible to max your reputation on Section X without the Heroic. I did it and never did the Heroic until way after I maxed my reputation and only did Section X essentially on one character. Yes it took awhile but it can be done.

That said doesn't matter to me if they change it where a group of 2 could do the heroic.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

I would be happy if they made Aurora Cannon only need one person to click.

As for the Macrobinocs and Seeker Droid missions...I'd be content if they'd just make the final rewards a legacy wide perk so I'd have the droid and binocs on all toons without having to keep the missions in my log for characters that haven't completed the story yet.

I wanted to do the Pubside Aurora Cannon Heroic last night; I asked in chat and only got 2 others, but one of them said that it was doable with 3, as he had done it before. We got all the way to the end and found out that either they fixed it, or he didn't really know how to do it; either way, I had to beg in chat for a few minutes to get someone to show up to click on something so the 3 of us could get credit for finishing the H4 we had just run through.

• 1 month later...

Necroing the thread to agree.

Aurora Cannon and Shroud especially need it. The other two COULD be done if you gear up enough and AC isn't the integral (plus it's repeatable so there is a good chance of grouping. I did that just recently within a minute.) but Shroud is just ridiculous. Shroud is also important to fix because, if Bioware ever wants to use the Shroud again (as they've given some indications that they do), they need to fix the quest so we can finish the initial Shroud storyline.

Easiest way to fix these would be:

Next-to-last Shroud mission: GSI combat support droid or enemy nerf.

Last Seeds mission: GSI combat support droid or enemy nerf.

Last Shroud mission: One-click resolution of puzzles and GSI combat support droid.

AC: One-click resolution of final puzzle and ability to move while using the special gate opener.

Edited by Thepyrethatburns

Necroing the thread to agree.

Aurora Cannon and Shroud especially need it. The other two COULD be done if you gear up enough and AC isn't the integral (plus it's repeatable so there is a good chance of grouping. I did that just recently within a minute.) but Shroud is just ridiculous. Shroud is also important to fix because, if Bioware ever wants to use the Shroud again (as they've given some indications that they do), they need to fix the quest so we can finish the initial Shroud storyline.

Easiest way to fix these would be:

Next-to-last Shroud mission: GSI combat support droid or enemy nerf.

Last Seeds mission: GSI combat support droid or enemy nerf.

Last Shroud mission: One-click resolution of puzzles and GSI combat support droid.

AC: One-click resolution of final puzzle and ability to move while using the special gate opener.

I really think this is something that needs to be done. I dont even mind the Section X one. Its the fact that its pretty much impossible to complete the Shroud story that drives me insane

• 6 months later...

This needs to be done, my first time today in Secion X, luckily there was ONE other person there..and it was his first time two, so I saw the Heroic 4? said wth I've soloed some before, we got through everything the last boss was a battle we wiped a lot and in the end turns out it need 4 people to complete, it was annoying to say the least, at first we managed to get 1 person to come from guild thinking we can do it with 3 turns out needs 4 :confused: sadly no one was available so that was that, funny thing is we didn't mind so we could wait till afternoon maybe a few people online to do it..

But it looks like from players comment few do Section X and to new players or those who haven't done it before or anyone that does it for kicks, this is furstrating I can understand some things need group, all the new stuff and all, but this is a daily/weekly, and an old one, redesign it! :rak_01:

• 2 months later...
The Aurora Cannon in Section X

The Alchemy of Evil/Uprooting the Last Seed (Seeker Droid)

All The Pieces/Dark Design (Macrobinoculars pt. 1)

The Shroud's Last Stand/The Shroud Revealed (Macrobinocular pt. 2)

These are heroic 4 missions that need to be redesigned so that 4 people are not required to complete them anymore. Bioware, finding groups sucks. This is why any MMO worth a damn has the LFG system for things like dungeons, raids and pvp. Finding groups yourself is a pain in the ***, especially when it comes to open world things like these.

Nothing in the game should be above a heroic 2 basically, as nobody wants to take that much trouble for a simple mission to do 10 - 20 minutes worth of content, with the exception of world bosses. And even then I would argue against it. Grouping for content should be optional and a convenience when it comes to open world, not mandatory and a hinderance as it currently is.

Fix these so that they can be soloed by players. PLEASE. Fix these so that we don't need to put groups together for them. And don't add anything else into the game like that ever again.

You said it, they really need to be revamped into 2 man. Because it's just painful to get a full group for them, so I say to them get all heroics to be 2 manned. They took out the shielded doorways in the heroic at Section X, plus made the end bit more easier where you can just walk in, beat the boss down and chuck the grenade into the core. So why can't they do the same with all the heroics? And as yourself said, nothing should be at Heroic 4.